Lil Native Exclusive - Rivers Edge Cutlery

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
nerdlock

Re: Lil Native Exclusive - Rivers Edge Cutlery

Post by nerdlock »

Eh... get ready for $300+ Lil Natives on the secondary market. That's all I'm saying. :D
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I would try to get it if was black dlc but it aint... so more money for other knives I guess
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Good luck to everyone that wants one though!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I got the email and I’m going to wait patiently for the PM2 still.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

It will retail $154.95... That's almost the price of a Para 3.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Via Rivers Edge Cutlery's Website - https://riversedgecutlery.com/products/ ... d-g10.html

This is a larger run, but will be disbursed in small batches. Coming soon... Be sure to subscribe to be notified when available! Strict limit of one per person, per household. Orders will be canceled for people violating this rule. Good Luck!

This unique expression of the Lil' Native was specially manufactured for River's Edge Cutlery. The blade of this elite knife is crafted from CTS® 204P, a state-of-the-art powder-metallurgy stainless steel that offers a remarkable combination of wear resistance, toughness, and corrosion resistance. Full-flat ground for superior edge geometry, the PlainEdge™ blade also features a durable flat dark earth PVD (physical vapor deposition) coating that reduces its reflectivity and gives it a no-nonsense tactical appearance.

To complement its distinctive blade finish, the knife's handle proudly showcases olive drab-colored G-10 scales, black-coated hardware, and a black-coated wire pocket clip that supports left or right-side, tip-up carry. The scales have a peel-ply texture to help ensure a secure grip and are precision machined to accept the nested stainless steel liners that form the foundation of the knife's high-strength Compression Lock® mechanism.

One of the most extraordinary expressions of the Lil' Native design ever created, this Exclusive knife is destined to become a highly prized collector's item.

- Nick :bug-red
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

If anyone who is on the list for the PM2 and wants to pass on this Lil Native I'll take yours! lol

I got my first Lil Native during the seconds sale and I'm in love.
araneae

Post by araneae »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:53 pm
I confess to not understanding today's cutlery market, what with all the "stunt" releases these days. Numbers so small that you leave the over-whelming majority of your customers unhappy that they could not spend their money with you.
What qualifies it as a "stunt"? They posted it because people who were waiting to receive a Para 2 were offered this knife as a sub, rather than waiting. Word got out so they posted it officially. They have received the first batch of their exclusive run and they are selling it. To me they are making a classy move to offer it to wait listers first, rather than turn it loose to the flippers. And it's an exclusive so they can make as many as they want, but must wait for Spyderco to slot them into production, which based on what other vendors have stated, can take well over a year.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Stunt is probably he wrong word to use, but I was struggling to find the correct word to express my point. It should have probably been an off-topic post in any event.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
atv223

Post by atv223 »

Any idea when this will drop? After I got a Lil' Native Rex45, it's become one of my favorites to carry.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Cscottsss wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:14 am
If anyone who is on the list for the PM2 and wants to pass on this Lil Native I'll take yours! lol

I got my first Lil Native during the seconds sale and I'm in love.
If we take the lil native we lose our spot for the PM2. That’s why many of us are passing on the offer.
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Wow. I just turned down the lil native but that looks great.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Lil Native. I'll give it another chance. I already have a Cruwear PM2 that I rarely carry, so I guess I don't need another. I'd love to see this combo in a Military personally. Especially if they PVD or DLC coat the liners. Seki models in this combo would also be sweet, but I'm not sure if they can PVD in Seki being that their coated blades are TiCN rather than DLC. An OD Green Micarta Shaman in this combo would also be pretty amazing! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Links are being sent out to those who opted in. I just ordered mine. Looking forward to checking it out. This will be my first from this series so I am excited to see how the PVD looks!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
oreo931

Post by oreo931 »

Hope I can grab one of these. lil native is one of my favorite models. There’s already one on eBay for $400 :(
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Got the email from REC that these were in stock, but never saw them in stock. Anyone score one?
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

I got one!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Managed to find them in stock but it sold out for me during checkout. Guess I'm waiting for the next drop.
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

They were back in stock for a few minutes. Gone again.
Last edited by MO-Camper on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Same thing. In cart but sold out during checkout. :(