BLADE Show

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

BLADE Show

Post by JD Spydo »

In just a little over 2 weeks the BLADE show in Atlanta GA will be running. I am kind of wondering how many of you Spyder folks are going to be there. The Great Spyder Factory always has a very nice booth at the show. Also I was wondering if anyone knows which new Spyders that they will be unveiling at the show? Well which of you all are going to be there? :cool: :spyder:
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

Hey that brotha,
You just can't wait for blade, can you?
how I wish I could go there and have a beer with you..... :(
I will go someday but for now I'm poor as a beggar and still in summer school.
if you have a digicam, take a few pics for us, who don't have the chance to go...and a pic of Sal and Joyce if you can :)

Have fun!
-Dean
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

JD, I wish I was going, but it's just too much of a trip for me. Sad fact is, I just don't travel as well as I use to.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

Well Jd I Go If I Could, But Cant Oh Well Maybe Next Year. #9
Ed Schempp

Post by Ed Schempp »

I'm taking the red eye out of Seattle Thursday night. I should be checked in and rested by Friday afternoon. I'll be at the booth and around the room watching tables for some of my friends travelling and working the show alone. I hope to meet more of the forum members...Take Care...Ed
dialex

Post by dialex »

Enjoy the show you lucky ones and don't forget to tell us humble mortals about the goodies you've seen there.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
jyork

Post by jyork »

I'll be there. Not sure when. Driving from Florida back to Minnesota and it just so happens that Blade show is somewhere in the middle. Probably friday afternoon or saturday morning.
Jyork- Collector #123
coffeeman

Post by coffeeman »

J.D.
I will be there sometime on Friday. I am already planning on how I can cut corners to leave work early that day. I live only @ 30 minutes (no traffic) to the show. The :spyder: booth will be one of my first stops. I have to say hello to some old friends first like the ones who got me my 3-day passes. I look forward to meeting forumites and regular Spydie people. I plan to get a :spyder: hat before the show if I can, but i am having trouble ordering online. I will probably have a tag or something creative that says forum nameCoffeeman .
Maybe Joyce can come up with somthing to have at the booth.

See you there!!!!!
Special thanks to Bill W. for all of his inspiration and guidance.

Do you know Bill ?

One :spyder: for all and all :spyder: forum one!
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

How do you know when a knife (blade) show is going to be and when? Does any one have a website. Looking for something in the Chicago area.

Thanks!
Rock
JD Spydo

Blade Magazine

Post by JD Spydo »

pjrocco wrote:How do you know when a knife (blade) show is going to be and when? Does any one have a website. Looking for something in the Chicago area.

Thanks!
Well "pjrocco" you can get a current copy of Blade Magazine and there is a one page ad on the BLADE show in there. Also you can go to http://www.bladeshow2005.com and it will tell you a lot. It is in Atlanta Georgia at the Waverly Renaissance Hotel on June 3rd, 4th & 5th. It starts at noon on Friday the 3rd of June. You would not be dissapointed. IF you have any problems getting info on the show just PM me and I can e-mail you a bunch of info on it. If a guy is going to one knife show in a year this is without a doubt "THEE one to go to. GOOD Luck my friend. JD :spyder: O
Tom Walker

Post by Tom Walker »

I'm already packed for the trip!
http://www.newgraham.com

New Graham Knives, New Graham...Since 1935 TOLL FREE: 1.866.333.4445 :spyder:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Tom Walker wrote:I'm already packed for the trip!
GOD BLESS YOU SIR, GOD Bless YOU!!!! I knew there were some knife aficionados out there :D . Say let's all ( all Forum members) set a time to meet at the Spyderco Booth for Pictures maybe ;) :spyder:
SpydercoAngel

Blade is always a good time

Post by SpydercoAngel »

I will be there representing with the custom knife making husband!! Blade is always such a good time, especially after show hours in the pit. We fly out of Denver Thursday at noon. I am very excited to see all of my old custom buddies :D
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Joe!

Have a safe trip and a great time! I hope you get to see Dialex's creation there...hopefully READY for production!!! ;)

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
dialex

Post by dialex »

Thanks my friend, you are most kind. Don't know if the knife will be there, and if yes, what's gonna be the feedback. :o I hope your proto will feature there too.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
JD Spydo

DAywalker & Dialex

Post by JD Spydo »

Ok guys I know you all have other responsibilities that keep you from going to this year's BLADE Show. But there will be absolutely NO EXCUSE what so ever for the 2 of you not being there next year. Now is the time to plan on it. I usually get my reservations for the show about 10 months in advance. If you are going then definitely stay at the Waverly Renaissance Hotel. I am very anxious to see this creation that I have been hearing so much about. The Hawkbills are my mission :D . But I have input for a couple of tacticals that need to be on a drawing board soon ;) :spyder: . OK guys I will let you 2 slide on this show but there will be NO EXCUSE for not attending 2006 :D
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I wish I could go but for the price of the trip I can buy me a whole bunch of very nice spyders. If such a show will ever be in Holland and I can , I will most certainly go. Have fun!!!
Senate

Post by Senate »

spydutch wrote:I wish I could go but for the price of the trip I can buy me a whole bunch of very nice spyders. If such a show will ever be in Holland and I can , I will most certainly go. Have fun!!!
have some good news for you friend, Spyderco and Jurphaas organized a meeting in Amsterdam in march of this year, and given the good feedbacks it had, my guess is it won't be the last... ]http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14055[/url]
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------