Cutlery Shoppe GITD dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JRinFL

Re: Cutlery Shoppe GITD dragonfly

Post by JRinFL »

If it were orange GIT, I would have bought despite not having a need for another GIT handled knife.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
jkurtz7

Post by jkurtz7 »

I’m a huge Dragonfly fan, but I’m gonna pass on this one. I have no issue with VG-10, it’s one of my favorite steels, but the scales aren’t my thing.
Dragonfly 2 Wharncliffe - Dragonfly 2 - Dragonfly 2 Damascus - Urban Sprint AEB-L - Pacific Salt - Endura 4 - Ulize - Para 3 LW - Dragonfly 2 Salt
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I like VG-10. It is nicely balanced for my uses. However, a steel upgrade would not hurt my feelings. Out of the 154CM/ATS-34/VG-10 and etc. category of steels I prefer VG-10. I like S30V pretty well as an upgrade, or XHP.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
PM2_from_me_2_U

Post by PM2_from_me_2_U »

a PM2. lol surprise! for every day work use the basic S30V with DLC coating. for some fancier functions i'll get out the Bento Box exclusive with a DLC coated M390 blade. then for the most important of social functions i'll break out the Maxemet. No one, other than me and maybe some of you gives 2 jiffs about the blade steel in my pocket but it matters to me. :spyder:
CPM S90V
Maxemet
M390
Lc200N
:spyder:
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

It's on.
wolfstyle

Post by wolfstyle »

Got my order in.
Blnd

Post by Blnd »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:12 pm
I like VG-10. It is nicely balanced for my uses. However, a steel upgrade would not hurt my feelings. Out of the 154CM/ATS-34/VG-10 and etc. category of steels I prefer VG-10. I like S30V pretty well as an upgrade, or XHP.
Agreed. I’m mostly disappointed that spyderco doesn’t make anything in Golden that I want to carry.

I’d love a Dragonfly that said “Golden Colorado” on it.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Ordered!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:50 pm
Ordered!
Good for you! I am so tempted by this knife. I have a Delica that stays close by, now.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:04 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Ordered!
Good for you! I am so tempted by this knife. I have a Delica that stays close by, now.

Yeah, I personally love GITD and love the Dfly so this one is a no-brainer. Glad it was the plain GITD and not the zome. I really dislike zome and it is a deal breaker for me. I passed on the zome GITD Endura even though I would have bought a few plain GITD Enduras in a hearbeat. I ended up buying four of these. One for me and one for each of my three sons (for the future). The oldest is just getting into knives and keeps saying he wants a Dragonfly, so this is perfect. He only has small SAKs at the moment, so this will be his first Spydie. The Dfly Salt was my first Spydie as well. :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
araneae

Post by araneae »

Got mine inbound! This will make 15 D'fly 2's for me.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

araneae wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:01 am
Got mine inbound! This will make 15 D'fly 2's for me.
:eek: I thought I had a DF addiction with 9.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:19 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:04 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Ordered!

Yeah, I personally love GITD and love the Dfly so this one is a no-brainer. Glad it was the plain GITD and not the zome. I really dislike zome and it is a deal breaker for me. I passed on the zome GITD Endura even though I would have bought a few plain GITD Enduras in a hearbeat. I ended up buying four of these. One for me and one for each of my three sons (for the future). The oldest is just getting into knives and keeps saying he wants a Dragonfly, so this is perfect. He only has small SAKs at the moment, so this will be his first Spydie. The Dfly Salt was my first Spydie as well. :D
That is the same reason I did not go after the GITD Endura. Some Zome colors I do not mind, like the green or brown camo. But that GITD looked like some kind of larva or something. hahaha!

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Super fast shipping from CS!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Foiled by the choil. I really like GITD and need more in my life. I just need it in a platform without a choil. More blade, and more glow, please.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)