PM2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
colin.p

Re: PM2

Post by colin.p »

My first Spyderco's were an all black PM 2 and an all black Para 3. I figured I would get the best first ;) Love 'em both and the standard s30v is great.
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Bloke has talked me into going another route-
I’m getting a stretch ;)
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

An excellent choice. And, anyway you will end up with a PM2 sooner or later anyway.
:D

From my admittedly limited experience the PM2 is a more obviously refined knife with its evolved and highly functional blade, smooth opening and close, compression lock, handle ergonomics that work well in different grips, various steels… The Stretch is, again in my opinion and I’m a knife afi not a very knowledgeable user, as well evolved but not so obviously. At first glance it falls into the generic Seki FRN folder family and is easy to pass by if one isn’t looking for a knife of that size and design.

I bought mine a few years back because I like the “Delica family” design, saw a good deal and thought I would give it a try. Once I had it, carried and used it I became aware of the Stretch's attributes. It is really a knife that shines when carried and used. I only appreciated it after eventually selling it. I didn’t sell my Stretch because I didn’t like it. Life changed. I wish I still had mine.

Sorry for the long pean, but I think you made a good choice.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

Get yourself a PM2 anyway. It just perfect in my hands. Been a GREAT knife in daily use. Dont be affraid to buy out from the USA either. I do it all the time...
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I own 2 PM 2’s one the brown scaled S35VN and the other a blurple S110V. Both are awesome but an S30V version would be great. Lots of custom scale options if black G10 isn’t your cup of tea. I find this knife perfect in hand, size, ergos and blade shape and length. I prefer the compression lock to either the back lock, frame lock or it’s cousin the Reeve Integral lock. It allows for one hand closing very naturally.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

It’s just a matter of time till I grab a PM2- para 3 will tide me over till then
Mike51772

Post by Mike51772 »

My PM2 with M390 is my all-time favorite folding knife! Now that could possibly change if Spyderco were to make a Shaman with M390.