Jade Native M4, Teal Delica 4, Pakkawood Dfly, out of the blue

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
nicked.onaut

Jade Native M4, Teal Delica 4, Pakkawood Dfly, out of the blue

Post by nicked.onaut »

Spyderco's unannounced special runs--limiteds/exclusives--have been popping up so quickly and frequently that it is hard to get set for them. A case of "expect the unexpected."
Meanwhile, long-anticipated releases linger on approach, like the Rhino, Caribbean, Kopa, VTOKUs etc.

This week these three Spydies were delivered; two other "new news, who knew?" releases will be here before you know it, the Yojimbo 20CV and the PM2 CRUWEAR with smooth black G10.

I'll have more pics and commentary on the Dragonfly Pakkawood in another thread. Meanwhile here are a few photos of the New Green Releases, the Teal Green Delica 4 and the Native 5 Jade G10 M4.

All three:

(Beware, the Pakkawood is not colorfast esp the darker specimens)

The greenwing teal gets all the colorway credit, as the color is often referred simply as "Teal." The bluewing teal and cinnamon teal frankly don't care, though.

This "teal" is more often described as mint green. See Sonny Crockett or google this color with Porsche for further insight. I like the color just fine, thank you.

Linerless. I should take a pic with the forest green linerless G10 Native. Later.

N-P-N, J-S-J, equal harmony:

M4, yee-ha
Do those clip screw inserts look a little brassy? What color is the dress?

mag view:

Happen to have some carvings which match Spyderco' "jade" color. Here's one, *multi-color* specimen, carved not stained:

I'll write up the Pakkawood Dragonfly addressing other issues. I did get two, but one has flown away already!

thanks for looking,
nicked.onaut
wrdwrght

Re: Jade Native M4, Teal Delica 4, Pakkawood Dfly, out of the blue

Post by wrdwrght »

Beautiful, each one.
-Marc (pocketing a JD Smith sprint today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Not sure these three are completely “out of the blue”... Each of these knives have been mentioned multiple times in multiple threads (with pics), so yes in keeping with Spyderco’s MO of not announcing exclusives until they’re upon us, it seems par for the course.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I kind of expected more Pakkawood and also more Jade/M4 so those aren’t too surprising. The teal was a little surprising to me.

I am all over this Native! I haven’t bought a new Spydie in a few months and this and the Super Blue Caly Jr are next. I really, really hope we see a Pakkawood Stretch. That would be stellar!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:26 pm
Not sure these three are completely “out of the blue”... Each of these knives have been mentioned multiple times in multiple threads (with pics), so yes in keeping with Spyderco’s MO of not announcing exclusives until they’re upon us, it seems par for the course.
Out of the blue in this case is relative of course.
Never mind the color-play.
All three are within two to three weeks of hearing train track rumbles, and of course I'm not the first to post pics.
But two to three weeks of anticipation are a far cry from six months to a year or more of waiting for announced models to come to fruition.
That is also par for the Spyderco course. Pitch-and-putt vs. 1,000 yarder.

Than again, I also don't go to facebook or instagrim so I'm not as up-to-date on anticipatory inflatulation.

kind regards,
a n.on
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Many of us are not on Facebook either, that’s why we start threads about these knives when we first hear news of them...

Natural G10 Native 5:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79283

Pakkawood Dragonfly:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79086

Smooth Black G10 Cruwear PM2:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79284

For the record, these are usually spotted first on eBay. Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:17 am
Many of us are not on Facebook either, that’s why we start threads about these knives when we first hear news of them...

Natural G10 Native 5:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79283

Pakkawood Dragonfly:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79086

Smooth Black G10 Cruwear PM2:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79284

For the record, these are usually spotted first on eBay. Cheers, Radioactive
Well, I just wanted to include side-by-side color comparisons of the Teal with the Jade green, as well as show some jade with virtually the same color as the Jade G10 ("Natural," as some prefer). Quota exceeded?
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

nicked.onaut wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:52 am
I'll write up the Pakkawood Dragonfly addressing other issues. I did get two, but one has flown away already!
What kind of issues did you have? I got mine yesterday and it's excellent.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:17 am
Facebook? What is this facebook thing I keep hearing about?
Is that where spyderco sprints and exclusives get announced?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The only social media platform I belong to is this one :D

I prefer the short wait to the long wait. Although having 'a little' lead time helps (so I can budget properly).
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal