Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mjdragonfly

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by mjdragonfly »

Bdubs808 wrote:Only a few days ago I received a Para 3 CF Sprint in the mail, later today I get to pickup a Para 3 M390 Sprint, hurray!
You must have sore thumbs by now! Wow what a haul of pure goodness. What steel is your CF sprint made with?
Calgary on the Bow
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Post office sends me a notice of shipping/tracking and tells me that I will receive my Endura (ZDP-189) and Manix 2 with fine G10, linerless lockback (CPM S30V) on Monday. So I spend the weekend in anticipation but nothing on Monday. So today must be the day, mail comes around 11AM.
Calgary on the Bow
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Picked up a preowned DLC PPT Sprint. Arrives Thursday! Also have the S90V PPT Sprint on preorder.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

mjdragonfly wrote:
Bdubs808 wrote:Only a few days ago I received a Para 3 CF Sprint in the mail, later today I get to pickup a Para 3 M390 Sprint, hurray!
You must have sore thumbs by now! Wow what a haul of pure goodness. What steel is your CF sprint made with?
CPM S90V
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Shaman dlc pe, and pink cutlery Shoppe ladybug for the wife.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Well the post man arrived with Spyderco in hand today. So now I am the proud and totally pleased owner of an Endura 4 in ZDP-189 (this one is the sharpest ZDP so far). This will sound silly but it just feels like a larger Delica 4 only it's more comfortable and secure feeling in hand. I now understand the huge popularity of the Endura, it feels so very good in your hand, they have made a big knife feel compact. I never thought that the Endura 4 looked like much to me seeming skinny and too long but those thoughts vanish as soon as you have it in your hand. This Endura 4 will live in my kitchen drawer and become my general use food prep knife. Excellent, very much pleased with this model.

The second knife in today's delivery is the Manix 2 in fine textured extra thick linerless G10 with CPM S30V steel and the midback backlock. This knife has amazing fit and finish (everything looks just perfect) and it presents itself as a very substantial & competitant tool (3.7mm blade stock at the spine). The knifes tactile qualities and especially the sound solid this knife makes opening and closing is comforting giving it a sense of body and substance, it makes my Manix 2 LW in Maxamet sound and feel like a toy knife by comparison. The S30V blade in this Manix 2 is by far the sharpest Spyderco Knife I have encountered. Previous blades (6 in ZDP, 4 in VG10 and one in Maxamet) there have been none so sharp as this one and its so sticky grabby sharp it cuts on touch, even my brother's new Para 3 in S30V was not as sharp as this lockback Manix 2.

Members comments about how spectacular this lockback Manix 2 is and how impressed I would be were in no way exaggerated. I am never going to let this one go as it has already exceeded my widest expectations! Thank you to Sal and Eric and all of the crafts-men and women at Spyderco for making it possible for me to own something as exceptional as this knife.
Last edited by mjdragonfly on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calgary on the Bow
Oogie

Post by Oogie »

Impatiently waiting for a few other releases to drop, and ended up ordering the Maxamet Native 5 and some diamond stones for the SM. Have really enjoyed the S90V KC exclusive Native 5, so hoping the FRN Maxamet version is both a great knife and a bit varied from the smooth G10 version so I don’t feel too bad as it’s one of my first duplicate model purchases.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Delica Zome
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Ordered a Maxamet PM2 but looks like I've been kicked in the old proverbials once again. Man, I'm getting a bad run of luck so far this year. Guess I'll have to file a claim this weekend :(
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Calypso sprint run! :) Finally found one NIB, now the wait :spyder:
"No matter where you go, there you are"
elena86

Post by elena86 »

KW exclusive Manix2 in 52100. I usually baby my knives but I’ll go all the way with this one.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

40th anniversary native and delica.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Nate

Post by Nate »

holeshot wrote:Calypso sprint run! :) Finally found one NIB, now the wait :spyder:
Congrats!!

That run keeps tugging at me even though I mostly use and carry smaller knives. I was dumb and rejected them when they were first released due to the brown scales, now I think they look great. :(
:spyder:
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

National knives has a para 2 52100 heading my way!! Excited to check this steel out.
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
bacmapei

Post by bacmapei »

My choices have been all over the map since before Christmas. I finally pulled the trigger on the s90v Para 3 sprint to keep my Para 3 in cruwear company. In transit, so 5 or 6 days away.
FK

Post by FK »

Military - Knife Works exclusive S90V with Ti and Carbon Fiber scales on new CQI design.
Close out pricing and could not let it pass by.

Regards,
FK
Member since Feb 17, 2001
SG89

Post by SG89 »

C04P
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

FK wrote:Military - Knife Works exclusive S90V with Ti and Carbon Fiber scales on new CQI design.
Close out pricing and could not let it pass by.

Regards,
FK
Member since Feb 17, 2001
Was at the local knife shop this afternoon and saw your knife there and it is a very very nice piece. I was with my brother who recently purchased a Para 3 in S30V and while at the shop he bought a Manix 2 in G10 blue with S110V for $195.00 CND. Good looking knife love the color of the scales.
Calgary on the Bow
FWR132

Post by FWR132 »

a friend and i may be buying VG-10 Endura 4's soon.

Should i pick up a Delica as well?
From my heart to yours,
Nigel
Brunei Darussalam

Current
Tenacious
Para Military 2

On the way
Endura 4
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

FWR132 wrote:a friend and i may be buying VG-10 Endura 4's soon.

Should i pick up a Delica as well?
The Spyderco Trinity - the Dragonfly2, the Delica 4 and the Endura 4 Each one is as special as the others in its own way. In VG10 they are very good in ZDP-189 they are exceptional. If you carry those three knives you will have a bade appropriate for any task and never have to draw out a knife too big or intimidating for the job ant hand. I also had to buy the Dragonfly 2 in Leaf Green G10 scales simply because it is such a fine looking little knife for a dress situation.
Calgary on the Bow