Spyderco Maxamet Status Check

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomAiello

Re: Spyderco Maxamet Status Check

Post by TomAiello »

Does anyone know if a Manix 2 (not lightweight) is planned in Maxamet?
woodsmanoh

Post by woodsmanoh »

KC shipped my maxamet PM2 today!! (pre ordered in september) Yes Virginia there really is a Santa Clause. Happy Day Indeed!
Ippon

Post by Ippon »

Just making sure this question doesn't go without answers... :rolleyes: anybody heard anything?
Ruudr

Post by Ruudr »

Ippon wrote:Just making sure this question doesn't go without answers... :rolleyes: anybody heard anything?
Bump!
EngDevGr3

Post by EngDevGr3 »

So..Word is the Paramilitary 2 Maxamet purposely isn't listed in the 2018 catalog. They are working out some issues with production, and the date of the next run is unknown.
cheeseheaded

Post by cheeseheaded »

The Para3 version will probably sneak out as soon as I spend money in something else.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

EngDevGr3 wrote:So..Word is the Paramilitary 2 Maxamet purposely isn't listed in the 2018 catalog. They are working out some issues with production, and the date of the next run is unknown.
Source?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
EngDevGr3

Post by EngDevGr3 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
EngDevGr3 wrote:So..Word is the Paramilitary 2 Maxamet purposely isn't listed in the 2018 catalog. They are working out some issues with production, and the date of the next run is unknown.
Source?
I called Spyderco and asked them. It was the Factory Outlet that I spoke with.
bearfacedkiller

Thank you!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
illacky

Post by illacky »

TomAiello wrote:Does anyone know if a Manix 2 (not lightweight) is planned in Maxamet?
I got impatient waiting for :spyder: to plan it :D

-Ivan
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

EngDevGr3 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Source?
Dang. So I planned on using the **** out of this knife but now I know I’ll have a hard time because it can’t be replaced. I know that’s dumb, but it is what it is. I enjoy using my m390 pm2 knowing I’ve got a second one in my closet waiting as a replacement.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
EngDevGr3

Post by EngDevGr3 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
EngDevGr3 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Source?
Dang. So I planned on using the **** out of this knife but now I know I’ll have a hard time because it can’t be replaced. I know that’s dumb, but it is what it is. I enjoy using my m390 pm2 knowing I’ve got a second one in my closet waiting as a replacement.
I know what you mean. I do the same thing. I always like to have a backup of the ones I know I can't just open the browser and re-order. I was literally getting ready to get mine out to flip the clip and start carrying, then I read about it not being listed in the catalog, called, found out who knows when it will be produced again after this batch, then reboxed mine. They said they didn't want to be unfair and list it in their catalog without it being readily available. However, they hope it will be worked out and all will be well. I hope so as well.
bearfacedkiller

I used to feel that way and I have bought a couple backups but so far I have found it to be a waste of funds that could be spent on knives I don't already have. I have yet to actually need a back up so I stopped buying them. I think that around 90% of my knives cannot be replaced but I think it would be more of a loss to let them die in a box so I carry them. I guess to me I see not being willing to use a knife is tantamount to losing it. If I lost my beloved Cruwear Military (my favorite knife) I would be sad but I do have six other flavors of Military and life would go on.

That is just one man's opinion though and I do completely understand where you guys are coming from. :)

I really hope they work it out. The Maxamet Military is they knife I currently long for the most.
-Darby
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I used to feel that way and I have bought a couple backups but so far I have found it to be a waste of funds that could be spent on knives I don't already have.
This is how I feel too. When I am doing outdoor tasks on the weekend I will most likely not carry a sprint run anything because the likelihood of me using my knife as a prybar is rather high. But during the week for normal, daily tasks, I just carry whatever. Black on black PM2 is my work outside knife. :)

I was planning on using this maxamet PM2 as another outdoor rotation, but now I may just use it like I do other sprints.
bearfacedkiller

Absolutely, I don't use them all the same. I use the sprints regularly but I do have a few regular production knives that I beat on. My Yojimbo, my Sage2 and a Digicam Para2 get used for the ugly work. I have a Kiwi4 that also gets pounded on but it took a lot of abuse before they were discontinued so the damage had already been done.
-Darby
anycal

Post by anycal »

Production stop, huh? So what's wrong with my PM2 Maxamet? :confused:

I knew something was off when I got the shipping notice and my credit card got charged ;)

Peter
quattro98

Post by quattro98 »

I wonder if this has to do with the thicker blade stock in the PM2 vs the Native and Manix.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

illacky wrote:
TomAiello wrote:Does anyone know if a Manix 2 (not lightweight) is planned in Maxamet?
I got impatient waiting for :spyder: to plan it :D

Beautiful!
mattman

Post by mattman »

EngDevGr3 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Source?
I don't like the sound of this.
Especially considering the general silence around here about it... Hopefully the issue gets resolved in a manner that Maxamet can continue!
EngDevGr3

Post by EngDevGr3 »

mattman wrote:
EngDevGr3 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Source?
I don't like the sound of this.
Especially considering the general silence around here about it... Hopefully the issue gets resolved in a manner that Maxamet can continue!
Does Spyderco regularly respond to the issues discussed on here? I would hope that they could clarify this.
I am really hoping the Maxamet continues as well.