New Models Dropped: Shaman PE/SE, Hundred Pacer

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpeedHoles

Re: New Models Dropped: Shaman PE/SE, Hundred Pacer

Post by SpeedHoles »

dplafoll wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:Nice shots! Always look forward to your threads.

That Shaman is starting to look irresistible.

Don't want to sound demanding, but is there any way you could maybe include a photo or two of all these great new knives from the thickness point of view? Like from above while they are open and edge down on the table?
Done! Four new pics in the album at the end.
Appreciate that! Great detail photos in that album, also!

farnorthdan wrote:
JimP wrote:Hopefully the Hundred Pacer sells well enough for them to bring out a Baby Hundred Pacer....
The FiftyPacer :D

Haha, and the XL can be the "Hundred Pacer, Out & Back".
Going back to Caly.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Don't forget that the knife is named after the Hundred Pacer snake, which gets its name from the fact that, after it bites you, you can walk a hundred paces before you die :eek: :p By that logic, a baby one might be called a 200 pacer and an XL, a 25 pacer :D (sorry, I guess I'm a word nut -- is anal retentive hyphenated :confused: )

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/ ... n=60&x=wrt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinagkistrodon

Thanks for the great review and super-great pic album, Patrick.

I was thinking of waiting for a Shaman sprint, but I must have a stone washed version -- does anybody think any sprints or exclusives might be stone washed :confused: ? I don't much think so and will probably get both the SE & PE of this.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
warbow150

Post by warbow150 »

Question: Comparing the Shaman to a Manix 2, which takes up more pocket space? I ask because I very much like the Manix 2, but it takes up a lot of room, mostly because of the overall height when closed. Is the Shaman perhaps a bit more pocket friendly? Could someone kindly post a picture of both, closed, next to one another for comparison?
Thanks!
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

warbow150 wrote:Question: Comparing the Shaman to a Manix 2, which takes up more pocket space? I ask because I very much like the Manix 2, but it takes up a lot of room, mostly because of the overall height when closed. Is the Shaman perhaps a bit more pocket friendly? Could someone kindly post a picture of both, closed, next to one another for comparison?
Thanks!
Honestly about the same. Shaman in narrower from top to bottom and Manix 2 is flatter. The Shaman is enough narrower that it probably would hit the sweet spot you desire in pocket. It is heavier than the Manix 2. They are both simply big folders.