Support Our troops through the USO

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
AllenETreat

Support Our troops through the USO

Post by AllenETreat »

Here's a time honored tradition...

The USO has been there for Our troops from WWII up to the present -
currently a donation of $25 send's a care package to a soldier in the
field : pre-paid phonecards, sunscreen, toiletries & your card of thanks.

Just go to their site -

http://www.USOCares.org

And click on "Donate Now" - lest We forget.

AET
Attachments
marinesrest.jpg
marinesrest.jpg (53.95 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
ceya

Post by ceya »

If you can donate please do. The USO is the thing that get us service members to relax, think of home and for awhile be home. Thank Allen for the post.

S/F,
CEYA!
Ceya Knife Designz
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

My wife and I have assembled a care package to send over to Iraq; I have a buddy who's over there right now, and have his address. He sent me a list of things that they're really yearning for, so we threw something together.

Tonight, my wife baked some home-made cookies, which are also going. I can't thank those guys enough for serving. Gob bless them all.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

A cousin of my wife is in Marine boot camp. Care package has been prepared and is going out Monday. Maybe I'll send a :spyder: for graduation.
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

Thanks for posting this Allen.

The USO is good folks. They've been there through every war since WWII and probably before. They do a great job for our men in uniform abroad and here at home. They are a welcome respite for servicemen and women and their families at many airports around the US and the world. I can't count the number of times I used their services and the joy they brought when I served overseas. Ther USO is there but only if you care. Support those who support or soldiers.
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
garrett

Post by garrett »

Allen,

good job with this post. Fortunately, you have a sympathetic audience who will actually take a look at doing this. I agree with CEYA. The USO is a great place to go and relax, check your email, or just watch a movie with some other Marines or whoever. Thank you for your email,

Garrett
I actually have all the Spydercos I want. Isn't that wierd? On second though, no I don't...
Ray.Hood

Thank you from a soldier.

Post by Ray.Hood »

Morning guys and gals. Here @ Ft. Hood we encourage people to send things overseas to our brethren in arms. We are planning movie night for our guys.
they should like that, being in a palace and all. Candy, socks, Spydies(LOL),
mail, care packages, letters, pictures, it all helps these guys. Godspeed &
God bless every one of you who supports us. Ray
AllenETreat

G.I. Joe need's something for Christmas!

Post by AllenETreat »

java wrote:Thanks for posting this Allen.

The USO is good folks. They've been there through every war since WWII and probably before. They do a great job for our men in uniform abroad and here at home. They are a welcome respite for servicemen and women and their families at many airports around the US and the world. I can't count the number of times I used their services and the joy they brought when I served overseas. The USO is there but only if you care. Support those who support our soldiers.

What java said. I'm bringing this back up during the Holiday season - I'm
sending one USO care package a month until this war's over. $25 I could
$pend on :spyder: but those 11s in the field need it more.

Keep'em flyin'!

AET
Attachments
blessing.jpg
blessing.jpg (24.56 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence