New work knife help?!?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
OkanSeven

New work knife help?!?

Post by OkanSeven »

Hey folks, so I work in a warehouse and do a ton of cutting different materials. I have always used more PE knives (Manix 2LW BD1 and PM2 S110v) but lately have been wanting to try out a fully serrated knife. I’m looking at either the Delica Wharncliffe SE or a Native 5 SE.

Which would you guys pick and why? I’m leaning towards the Native for the S35vn but can’t seem to pull the trigger on either

Thanks
-Okan
:spyder: CO1 Worker 2014 Sprint(x2)-Southard-Myrtle-PM2 S110v-Sage 5-Sliverax-Lum Tanto FB Sprint-Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189-Delica 4 G-10-Manix 2 FW-Endura 4-Tasman-Roadie-Delica 2 Stainless-Tenacious Turtle-Bug :spyder:

Dreaming for a Pacific Salt 2 FFG LC200n and a
Manix 2 XL back lock
Evil D

Re: New work knife help?!?

Post by Evil D »

I prefer my serrations in H1 steel, but out of the two you listed I'd probably choose the Native. The original Native SE was my first Spyderco so I have a soft spot for those knives. Both will do you well though. Ergonomically I prefer the Native but I'd rather have the wharnie blade of the Delica so it's a trade off.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

I have a Natve 5 SE and it definitely rocks, but between the two I'd probably go with the Delica Wharncliffe SE, since it offers significantly more cutting edge.

Have you considered getting an SE PM2?
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

I'd have to put the Tasman Salt, Dfly hawkbill, and byrd Cara Cara Rescue into that mix of consideration if I really wanted an SE knife. If it was mainly cutting, I'd probably take a real hard look at the Rescue as it has a good blade shape and wouldn't break the bank if I decided SE wasn't for me.
OkanSeven

Post by OkanSeven »

I have thought about a Para 3 SE but want something a little smaller than the PM2. So I might take another look at the Para 3 SE
:spyder: CO1 Worker 2014 Sprint(x2)-Southard-Myrtle-PM2 S110v-Sage 5-Sliverax-Lum Tanto FB Sprint-Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189-Delica 4 G-10-Manix 2 FW-Endura 4-Tasman-Roadie-Delica 2 Stainless-Tenacious Turtle-Bug :spyder:

Dreaming for a Pacific Salt 2 FFG LC200n and a
Manix 2 XL back lock
SmCaudata

Post by SmCaudata »

Before I got to you "smaller" post I was thinking the shaman may be cool. Although, it may be a ways off still.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

With all sincerity, you can't go wrong with either the native or the wharn-delica.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

Tasman!
Justin