Pakkawood Endura HAP40 exclusive at KC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dplafoll

Re: Pakkawood Endura HAP40 exclusive at KC

Post by dplafoll »

jalcon wrote:So the pakkawood isn't a natural wood and is man made?

Also is the SUS410 for corrosion resistance? Is this a knife that needs a small amount of oil or something, like my Jade M4 pm2? Or is it good to go out of the box in a humid/occasionally wet environment?
I have three HAP40 knives and have had exactly 0 issues with it. I live in non-coastal Alabama. It gets hot and humid, but YMMV close to a shoreline.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
standy99

Post by standy99 »

First post for a long term lurker

Had to order one of these beauties Delica
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
ronT2

Post by ronT2 »

standy99 wrote:First post for a long term lurker

Welcome to the forum!

I'm very pleased with my PakkaDelica also.
My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF
Reject

Post by Reject »

How much can a Koala bear?
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

ronT2 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

Great pic! I like the DC pocket clip. Just ordered an Endura today. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
ronT2

Post by ronT2 »

holeshot wrote:Great pic! I like the DC pocket clip. Just ordered an Endura today. :)
Thanks....it's an MXG Gear clip, I have four of them so I must like them. I was tossing around the idea of picking up an Endura also but I think i'm going to hold off.
My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Arrived today, had the typical postal ninja treatment ( you know how it goes, day off and home all day and while your not looking or in the toilet the postal ninja sneaks in and puts a slip in your letter box and is gone before you know it. Swear he's horn is a dog whistle that no human can hear )

Have a few knifes and this is a beauty. Happy I got one of the darker ones that one or two above didn't want. Have a lighter colour Mnandi so wanted a darker wood.

Will post some pic,s when I work out the pic size issue here.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

My Endura came today and it is beautiful! :)
image.jpeg
Last edited by holeshot on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
illacky

Post by illacky »

Michael Christy on YT posted an excellent video on this model:
https://youtu.be/09DBe2ereJ0
-Ivan
hitormiss

Post by hitormiss »

Well I give up on this model. I just got my second one in the mail and its as ugly as the first. There is nothing nice looking about the scales. Its just black streaks with no visible wood grain at all. Obviously Knifecenter picked the best one they could find for photos. Just some wasted money on shipping back and forth. I think spyderco should just stick to the plastic and G10, something that doesn't take any craftsmanship. Too bad too because I love the way the knife is built otherwise.
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

It looks like they are out of the Delica. They switched the banner to just say endura. The Delica page does say delayed and expected Feb 2018, so maybe they are expecting another run down the road.
attila

Post by attila »

hitormiss wrote:Well I give up on this model. I just got my second one in the mail and its as ugly as the first. There is nothing nice looking about the scales. Its just black streaks with no visible wood grain at all. Obviously Knifecenter picked the best one they could find for photos. Just some wasted money on shipping back and forth. I think spyderco should just stick to the plastic and G10, something that doesn't take any craftsmanship. Too bad too because I love the way the knife is built otherwise.
Did you talk to them or just send it back and cross your fingers?

I also received a less-than stellar example, but I called them and politely asked for some assistance, which they gladly provided. I received a nice replacement and am glad I didn't shy away from expressing my displeasure.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
attila

Post by attila »

Just in case anyone is interested, I just happened to click on the Pakkawood Delica page, and they are indicating in stock. The price is a tad higher too, which is strange, but they are supposedly in stock.

Also strange is that there are 23 reviews, but none are showing up when I click the link to read them. Perhaps this is a glitch after their website upgrade.

If you want one, I'd suggest calling KC for verification first, but there's the link anyway.
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP11WD ... -exclusive
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

attila

Post by attila »

Sorry for cluttering this thread, but I just got off the phone with Nicole, KC's premier cust serv agent, and she told me that Spyderco raised the price of the next batch of Pakkawood exclusives to what is currently listed for the Delica ($143.97 MAP). Thus, it's not a glitch...

Since the Endura isn't sold out yet, they haven't ordered more, and that price is still the original price. Once the next batch is ordered, the price of the Pakkawood Endura is also going up.

I figured someone would be interested in this newest development.

Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

It's back to pre-order now, I wonder if they actually had any or if they were just updating the page and it showed in stock.
DRLyman

Post by DRLyman »

I caved. I originally purchased the Delica and am liking it so much I ordered the Endura to go with it. I've never had an Endura, so hopefully I will like it as much as the Delicas I have.
jdw

Post by jdw »

DRLyman wrote:I caved. I originally purchased the Delica and am liking it so much I ordered the Endura to go with it. I've never had an Endura, so hopefully I will like it as much as the Delicas I have.
Welcome doc! I am sure that you will love the Endura. It is one of my favorites. It has tremendous blade 'reach' for both small and long cuts.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
DRLyman

Post by DRLyman »

jdw wrote:
DRLyman wrote:I caved. I originally purchased the Delica and am liking it so much I ordered the Endura to go with it. I've never had an Endura, so hopefully I will like it as much as the Delicas I have.
Welcome doc! I am sure that you will love the Endura. It is one of my favorites. It has tremendous blade 'reach' for both small and long cuts.
Thanks. It sure does look like I'm going to love it. Now, I just need to finally order a couple custom clips and I'll be good to go. Really looking forward to see how it fits in my hands, too.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

attila wrote:Just in case anyone is interested, I just happened to click on the Pakkawood Delica page, and they are indicating in stock. The price is a tad higher too, which is strange, but they are supposedly in stock.

Also strange is that there are 23 reviews, but none are showing up when I click the link to read them. Perhaps this is a glitch after their website upgrade.

If you want one, I'd suggest calling KC for verification first, but there's the link anyway.
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP11WD ... -exclusive
Thanks for the info. I sent mine back due to very stiff action and blade play, which coincided with them running out of stock. Now I'm waiting for a replacement from the new batch and am curious if they will try to charge me the difference.

FYI - my Endura sample was perfect in every way :)
DRLyman

Post by DRLyman »

ronT2 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

Just ordered two of those clips. One for the Delica and one for the just ordered Endura. They really look nice.