Caly Hap40 Sprint in Forest Green

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dodgie02

Re: Caly Hap40 Sprint in Forest Green

Post by dodgie02 »

I've been looking at a smaller Knive and thanks to the knowledgeable gents here settled on the blurple native 5 ( already have a pm2, m2 and m2lw in 110v). If I don't get the final one to complete the blurple g10 line (is blurple really the term it landed on?) otherwise it drives me nuts.
However, once I get it I'll most likely gift the lightweight manix to a friend, nothing wrong with it but I can't get around how much I love the little extra weight g10 and some solid construction of liners along it.

My native will arrive in a short time so, but after missing out on several Spydie sprints I would have loved, I never forgot about the caly. Especially because I recall it gets discontinued as a product line? I was surprised to see kc still taking orders. Do they usually deliver with upcoming sprints without a date like someone said a page ago, or should I expect nothing and see how it goes? Does anybody know who to bribe and how much at their company for some places up the line. Guess I'll just mail them (also about when I get billed, not going to shell out on a bad horse months in advance) with some luck it drops right around the beginning of july, a week of shipping and I can justify it as a perfect birthday gift from me, to me.

I checked and it appears they still have cruwear Manix cf and the brown xhp in Stock as well, despite loads of reviews and popularity? So I suppose that is a good sign.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

If I remember correctly, it seems like Knifecenter oversold some of the sprints last year and some people never received a knife they preordered. I would be surprised if the preorders they are still taking for the hap40 caly actually get filled (someone stated they had taken 136 preorders already, which is over 10% of the entire 1200 piece run. I doubt one retailer will receive that many units). I preordered from them a couple weeks after the preorders went live and I don't have high hopes I'll receive one from them, which is why I'll be looking to grab one from another retailer. If I end up with 2 I can always sell one, or I can cancel my Knifecenter order if I do get one somewhere else.

Oh, and Knifecenter does not charge you until they have the knives and are ready to ship your order, which is nice. Not much risk in putting a preorder down.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

They prolly take a few extra orders due to people backing out or cancelling their original orders.
There's always gonna be BF too though.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

dodgie02 wrote:I've been looking at a smaller Knive and thanks to the knowledgeable gents here settled on the blurple native 5 ( already have a pm2, m2 and m2lw in 110v). If I don't get the final one to complete the blurple g10 line (is blurple really the term it landed on?) otherwise it drives me nuts.
However, once I get it I'll most likely gift the lightweight manix to a friend, nothing wrong with it but I can't get around how much I love the little extra weight g10 and some solid construction of liners along it.

My native will arrive in a short time so, but after missing out on several Spydie sprints I would have loved, I never forgot about the caly. Especially because I recall it gets discontinued as a product line? I was surprised to see kc still taking orders. Do they usually deliver with upcoming sprints without a date like someone said a page ago, or should I expect nothing and see how it goes? Does anybody know who to bribe and how much at their company for some places up the line. Guess I'll just mail them (also about when I get billed, not going to shell out on a bad horse months in advance) with some luck it drops right around the beginning of july, a week of shipping and I can justify it as a perfect birthday gift from me, to me.

I checked and it appears they still have cruwear Manix cf and the brown xhp in Stock as well, despite loads of reviews and popularity? So I suppose that is a good sign.
I favor the G-10 Manix too, but the deep carry wire clip is so discrete on the LW S110v model that it's a nice to have for situations when you don't want to draw attention to your knife. Of course, the Caly fills that bill too ;) Oh yeah, I just remembered that I swapped to the deeper-carry black Sage type clip on my LW Manix -- not necessary with the Caly.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

Well for better or worse, that does clear some stuff up. Thanks guys! I've put one in over there as well but I'm quite reserved about it. Ah well, at least it found a place which sells the sprint cruwear pm2 still. Though it'll probably be months before they sell it at 280 EUR Haha,
Why are the prices in Europe this bad, sigh. Also, maxamet manix for for 300 euro? This nonsense Is why I have to import, and thats made me miss out of a few nice sprints ot of sprints :( kc has been great for normal knives. Gonna look up which sites are best and ship the the Netherlands, and bookmark all the Spydies.

Oh about the manix, the deep carry clip is is great, the frn is very well done and the weight for a blade like that with one of my best scary edges on it, it love the m2 lw but the smoothness of the blade deploy and the robust yet kinda gentle feeling of the g10 makes me pick it most of the time. I just love it. Perfect smooth deploy, locks brilliantly, zero blade play and smoother action going in then my pm2. Ugh. (stop thinking about kcs manix cf cruwear Nick YOU DON'T NEED A CRUWEAR MANIX when you have 2 S110V ones. thank you inner me but how can have to many manix 2s?

Spyderco what have you done to me.

I've changed my mind bout gifting the manix lw. I feel I might regret it. Ah well, I'm going to keep checking in and see if some miracle happens.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

I want one.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

So much temptation to make a fake post about how I just ordered one.

To many folks around here would flip their stuff though. Very exciting release.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:So much temptation to make a fake post about how I just ordered one.

What? You did not receive yours yet? :rolleyes:
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

dreadpirate wrote:
HarleyXJGuy wrote:So much temptation to make a fake post about how I just ordered one.

What? You did not receive yours yet? :rolleyes:
Gotta admit, reading your reply before the quote made my heart jump there for a second :D
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'm carrying a Caly 3.5 ZDP today. It's making me even more anxious for this Caly 3 to be released.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ronT2

Post by ronT2 »

I had one on pre-order for a couple months but with the announcement of the release of the fluted CF Native and the surprise release and subsequent purchase of the Pakkawood HAP40 Delica I canceled it. Besides, I already have a Caly 3 in ZDP-189 and I’m alright with that.
My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Any idea on release?? John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Patiently awaiting this release. :)
Going back to Caly.
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

Well, so much for that June/July release on this one...

Let's hope for August
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

After the Baby Jess Horn, Manix composite Sprint, and Hap40 Meerkat, I have a strong feeling this one is next. Crossing my fingers.