The blade length of the Paramilitary 2 could be increased

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bloke

Re: The blade length of the Paramilitary 2 could be increased

Post by Bloke »

tvenuto wrote:
Bloke wrote:My brother has abnormally small hands, something akin to a newborn, but he prefers a large blade like the Military.
Is your brother currently running for office?

tvenuto, are we related?
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
delphidoc

Post by delphidoc »

ROFL!!!!
Jschu22

Post by Jschu22 »

Im not sure if its been mentioned but I respectfully suggest the opposite- The handle could be shortened.

BTW- I applaud those of you capable of speaking your mind, tearing into one another, and getting over it when done to you. The internets are much too full of hypersensitive Nancys just waiting to be offended.
Mikael Andersson

Post by Mikael Andersson »

sal wrote:Handle to blade ratio on a scalpel is all screwed up. :rolleyes:

sal
The Manix 2 could also have it's blade length increased to 3.46''.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Mikael Andersson wrote:
sal wrote:Handle to blade ratio on a scalpel is all screwed up. :rolleyes:

sal
The Manix 2 could also have it's blade length increased to 3.46''.
Impossible!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Other companies have had the blade length too long on a knife that didn't have a closed end.

I'm glad Spyderco doesn't make mistakes like this. Having a blade that can contact my hand or fingers when the blade is closed is not a feature I usually look for.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Jschu22 wrote:Im not sure if its been mentioned but I respectfully suggest the opposite- The handle could be shortened.

BTW- I applaud those of you capable of speaking your mind, tearing into one another, and getting over it when done to you. The internets are much too full of hypersensitive Nancys just waiting to be offended.
Hello Jschu22,

Glad you chimed in mate. I'm here cause I like what Spyderco offer, but that could be said for all of us, couldn't it? I'd like to think we can all say what we wish as long as we are civil and non-offensive. I also think if we can weave a little humour into our posts that can't be a bad thing either! I personally would not be offended by anything anyone would say to me whether offensive or not! Why would I care what someone who doesn't know me and I don't know them said? It's like the bum on the street that claims to have had a relationship with your mother because you wouldn't give him a smoke! I know he doesn't know my mother no matter what he claims! Why would I lower myself to engage him? My reply would be along the lines of "Good on yah, pop! Mum says hello"! I may not agree with what you say, but I will however defend till my last breath, your right to say it! I have a very contented life and come here cause I like it not because I have nowhere else to go!
:D
Mikael Andersson

Post by Mikael Andersson »

Instead of fighting against the idea of the Paramilitary 2 growing to a blade length of 3.50'' you should fight against your dumb knife laws. ;)
JT

Post by JT »

Mikael Andersson wrote:
jabba359 wrote:Mikael, aren't you Swedish? How are the knife and gun laws over there?
Yes I am.

If you have use of a knife in your work then you are allowed to carry one but a big bowie knife would not be allowed in densely populated areas but otherwise no hassle over blade lengths.

As for gun laws.. for hunting you need to have done some courses to show that you know what you are doing and for pistols you need to first shoot gold with a .22 and then with a 9mm so terrible shooters are not allowed in Sweden. :p
BULLSHIT! :p Actually, make that BULLSHIT X 2. :p :p :p
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Mikael Andersson wrote:Instead of fighting against the idea of the Paramilitary 2 growing to a blade length of 3.50'' you should fight against your dumb knife laws. ;)
Maybe they like the PM2 just the way it is, and they just like to disagree with you. ;)

Sweden is barely half the size of Texas and it isn't as open to carrying as the USA as a whole... 98% of the USA, you can carry whatever you want, however you want and is much more knife friendly as compared to where you are from. Urban areas like New York and San Francisco, sure there's laws that I don't agree with (still carry whatever I want when Im there)... I'm positive though that if Sweden suffered from gangs and crimes the way these cities (and Denmark for example) have in the past, the sheeple there would have it so that you wouldn't be able to sniff a Spyderco on the internet. ;)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

This thread is crazy and as far as I have seen you can only fight crazy with crazy so here goes.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Trevitrace

Post by Trevitrace »

bearfacedkiller wrote:This thread is crazy and as far as I have seen you can only fight crazy with crazy so here goes.

awa54

Post by awa54 »

You wanna talk blade to handle ratios? Here's your PM2 redesign winner!

(BTW, this works on the Manix as well, for those of you who are on the edge of your computer chairs following both threads)
Attachments
2-3085-clark-fork-DUO-A_large2_659.jpg
2-3085-clark-fork-DUO-A_large2_659.jpg (13.05 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
remnar

Post by remnar »

Trevitrace wrote:Image[/url]
That guy is way past his bag limit. ;)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Trevitrace wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:This thread is crazy and as far as I have seen you can only fight crazy with crazy so here goes.

Thank you good sir! I haven't laughed that hard in a while....I'm still laughing.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra