Did Spyderco ever change their box?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZesT

Did Spyderco ever change their box?

Post by ZesT »

I noticed one of my Spyderco boxes is darker than the others and has slightly thicker lines, the model that came in the box is an older one however. Did Spyderco ever change their packaging or printing?
Attachments
Z.jpg
Z.jpg (13.03 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
"I can stop at any time."
yablanowitz

Re: Did Spyderco ever change their box?

Post by yablanowitz »

Yes, several times. I have white boxes with blue lettering, gray boxes with white lettering and a bunch of the current red and gray boxes. The color doesn't always match from one print run to the next.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

In addition to the ones yablanowitz mentioned, there were also plain white, plain black, plain blue, plain red, all without liners and white with black lettering,

And, as he said, colors don't always match. Neither does type face, for that matter.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Some of the -to me- nicest knives are also delivered in zippered pouches or, once in a while, in a wooden box! ;)
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Mr Blonde wrote:Some of the -to me- nicest knives are also delivered in zippered pouches or, once in a while, in a wooden box! ;)
Forgot about those. A few nice ones also came in velvet "jewelry boxes". And, at the other end of the spectrum, we have clam packs. ;)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Donut

Post by Donut »

I have a gray one with a spider web on it.

Here's a link to a google image search for "spyderco box".

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&auth ... x&gs_l=img
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

The Deacon wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:Some of the -to me- nicest knives are also delivered in zippered pouches or, once in a while, in a wooden box! ;)
Forgot about those. A few nice ones also came in velvet "jewelry boxes". And, at the other end of the spectrum, we have clam packs. ;)

Touche! :D Actually, some of my most prized Spyderco knives came in clam packs; the Japan-only red and blue jesters. :)
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

most of mine came in the grey/white boxes....... but theres a lot of white boxes with blue writing too.

i do have a few that came in the plain blue (navigator and worker)

only two of mine have come in the new style red/black box (both roadies, orange and blue)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I was surprised by the unique box that came with the Wolfspyder, first :spyder: I have received with a vendor specific box.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Don't forget about those boxes from the Japan Spyderco maker/distributor G-Sakai. The one my PE Harpy came in was white with black lettering and Japanese writing on one side of the box. There were even a few disco'd Spyders you could get from them as late as 2010 or thereabout. I was even able to get one of the Stainless handled RESCUE models from them around 2010.

It also seems like I remember getting some unusual boxes from John Jensen ( seller of disco'd and odd models). Don't forget many of the popular models came in clam packs too.

And I can also remember a couple of my Civilian models that came in the Spyderco zipper pouches too.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:I was surprised by the unique box that came with the Wolfspyder, first :spyder: I have received with a vendor specific box.
Do you happen to have any pictures of this box, Dan?
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:I was surprised by the unique box that came with the Wolfspyder, first :spyder: I have received with a vendor specific box.
At the office right now but can post it up tonight. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
At the office right now but can post it up tonight. :)
I hate it when work gets into the way of our hobbies, no? :D Thanks Dan!

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Spyderbro

Post by Spyderbro »

Here are a few boxes I have had with my Spyderco Knives. (just sold 'em)

JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Can I get a good pic of all the different boxes please.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:
As requested my friend:

:)

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
As requested my friend:

:)
Thank you, Sir! I really like that box. Very cool graphics. :)