Spyderco One Piece Tool

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JAfromMN

Re: Spyderco One Piece Tool

Post by JAfromMN »

sal wrote:If I had my "druthers", I'd druther have a design contest here. Have to speak with legal about the ramifications. Then those with designs already can enter as can arm-chair designers.

sal

Now that sounds fun.

Id have to come up with something
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Argh. Unfortunately, my student version of Solidworks has expired. I'll have to find a way, this sounds like a fun challenge!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

A design contest would be awesome.

An interesting twist would be if spyderco could put a pry tip, bottle opener and a short blade all on a single tool. Perhaps a small kydex sheath to cover the blade and act as the attachment point for keys.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

A design contest would be a lot of fun. Would it be helpful to have a rubric or guide that specifies certain design features and size requirements? Or, should it be more of a free-for-all wherein folks can design whatever they like? Either way, I'm in. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

SpyderNut wrote:A design contest would be a lot of fun. Would it be helpful to have a rubric or guide that specifies certain design features and size requirements? Or, should it be more of a free-for-all wherein folks can design whatever they like? Either way, I'm in. :)

Just to try and level the playing field from those of us here who may be professional designers with access and skills for CAD, how about all submissions be with only crayon and napkin? :p
Crayon color and napkin texture is your choice. :D
Going back to Caly.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

SpeedHoles wrote: Just to try and level the playing field from those of us here who may be professional designers with access and skills for CAD, how about all submissions be with only crayon and napkin? :p
Are stickers considered cheating? :D
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

SpeedHoles wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:A design contest would be a lot of fun. Would it be helpful to have a rubric or guide that specifies certain design features and size requirements? Or, should it be more of a free-for-all wherein folks can design whatever they like? Either way, I'm in. :)

Just to try and level the playing field from those of us here who may be professional designers with access and skills for CAD, how about all submissions be with only crayon and napkin? :p
Very good, sir. I would like to request the Cobalt Blue Crayola Crayon as my color of choice. I will be using a standard 8.5" x 11" 20 lb paper (94 brightness) in the Bright White color. Also, this paper is acid-free for long-term readability. ;) :p
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Lol :D

So, what crayon sharpening angle is the best for point stability but still retain a fine line? :p

...sorry for distracting the thread so far. Let's see some cool designs! :spyder:
Going back to Caly.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I think we should all pool are ideas and get someone witg skills to get it into computer forum.

I still want to make 2 one from the bug logo and one for us to go crazy one. Soo one cute spyder that os a good little worker and one more evil looking one to ripper desing for destruction.