Enuff versus Tasman h1

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
linuxology

Enuff versus Tasman h1

Post by linuxology »

Which would you get? Want one of the h1 blades for my kayak days. Definitely getting serrated.
Surfingringo

Re: Enuff versus Tasman h1

Post by Surfingringo »

I prefer the Pacific salt or salt 1 over either of the ones you mentioned. I will also get a Jumpmaster 2 when they are released.

-That said, if you are set on choosing between those two I would take the Enuff simply because it's much more versatile than the Tasman. (Even though I am not at all a fan of sheepsfoot blades)
elena86

Post by elena86 »

For once I have to disagree with my enabler.I'd go with the Tasman, but don't ask me why :eek:
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

elena86 wrote:For once I have to disagree with my enabler.I'd go with the Tasman, but don't ask me why :eek:
I know you just said "Don't ask me why", but.....why? :cool:
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Surfingringo wrote:
elena86 wrote:For once I have to disagree with my enabler.I'd go with the Tasman, but don't ask me why :eek:
I know you just said "Don't ask me why", but.....why? :cool:
It's about a kayak isn't it ? This might involve cutting some string,rope, hard plastic etc.Oh, and he might need a very pointy tip in a very special situation.I assumed the OP is just kayaking for fun not for fishing purposes.Sometimes I assume too much :D
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I do not kayak, but I used to canoe quite a bit. I would take the Enuff over the Tasman because the Enuff blade is more useful over a wider range of tasks and it is much thicker to handle tough jobs. We are talking about a fixed blade versus a linerless folder. How about an Aqua Salt instead of either of those (unless size is an issue).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
palonej

Post by palonej »

Another Pac Salt vote right here!! Sorry, can't resist recommending this one!!
This one has been through some serious doo doo and just bounces right back!!
Joe
Attachments
image.jpeg
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

If you get a TASMAN then get the SPYDEREDGED version>> you'll find it much more useful. I do own and on rare occasions use PE Hawkbills but not very often. I find that Spyderedged ( serrated) Hawkbill blades to be several times more useful than a PE Hawkbill.

On the ENUFF models? I haven't owned one as of yet but most of the work I do with fixed blades I generally need a longer blade. My STREETBEAT model being an exception to that rule. SURF definitely gave you some sound advice because he's really put those SALT models to the test in his daily endeavors so I would definitely listen to what he says.

If I was going to get an ENUFF I would get an H-1 model for a lot of different reasons. It's hard to go wrong with most of the blades from the H-1 Salt Series. Also the newer models that has LC200N blade steel which is also a nitrogen based blade steel that is highly corrosion resistant.
PM1

Post by PM1 »

I have both of these knives and I prefer the serrated Tasman over the Enuff Salt. I dislike the Enuff sheath and don't get along with sheepsfoot designs. The Tasman, on the other hand, is a pointy and mean cutting machine. I also find that it flicks open better than most other lockbacks, especially with an index finger flick. The spyderhole on the Tasman is nice and big too. I also have the PE Tasman; however, the spyderedge version is superior for this knife design.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

I love my H1 Enuff but the sheath is terrible