Chinook in the queue?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Chinook3

Chinook in the queue?

Post by Chinook3 »

Greetings fellow Spydie lovers.
Just want to know how many of you have been waiting for a new model Chinook ;) Although we have been spoiled with many awesome sprints lately I have a real love affair (i know pretty sick huh) with the size, ergos, blade shape and back lock of the Chinook. I realize the Chinook is a big stout folder compared to some others but thats why I like it!! I understand the Amsterdam meet is approaching quickly so maybe we will hear something. I know its an older model but a classic for sure, any thoughts on this one?
Thanks Matt.
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
Able Dog

Re: Chinook in the queue?

Post by Able Dog »

I believe that last year people mentioned the Chinook 4 after the Amsterdam Meet. No pictures were allowed, but from what I remember it has the Power Lock and more of a clip point blade.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Thanks Able Dog for the reply. Yeah I heard that too, a power lock and more of a clip point blade would suit me fine. Seems like clip points are not a "thing" currently and thats OK, as we know in the knife industry everything "old" comes around again and Spyderco is the best at re-inventing older styles IMO.
Thanks Matt
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I personally liked the CHINOOK 3 the best>> the full flat grind of the #3 model was just really nice. If they do a Sprint Run of the Chinook I do hope it's #3.

There is something special about those GOLDEN CO, USA made Spyders :cool:
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Hi JD I love my Chinook 3. The grind is a beauty and I also like the idea of having a strong lock on it, not a heavy user just something to brag on I guess.
I am on the hunt for both 1 and 2 when the time is right and when my wallet says i can. Sumthin about those Golden made knives. Take care, Matt
v8r

Post by v8r »

I hope they do a hollow grind like the Second version. The third version just didn't cut as well to me as the previous two versions.
Big Nick

Post by Big Nick »

I would be all over one!!!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

v8r wrote:I hope they do a hollow grind like the Second version. The third version just didn't cut as well to me as the previous two versions.
Being a dyed-in-the-wool traditionalist, I must agree. For some reason, this design simply *needs* to have a high hollow grind. I'm not sure why, but the FFG just looks out of place. :o
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
v8r

Post by v8r »

Yeah I have had all three versions. The Chinook 2 was the best out of the series. It is dang near perfect. They do something similar with a power lock and it will be awesome.
sal

Post by sal »

we're waiting on a proto from the maker.

sal
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

sal wrote:we're waiting on a proto from the maker.

sal
NICE! Music to my ears thanks Sal
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Hope to see it in Amsterdam!
JT

Post by JT »

hollow grind Chinook 2 all the way, I'm in!
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

sal wrote:we're waiting on a proto from the maker.

sal
Does this mean made in Japan? What do you guys think?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Greetings CHINOOK 3 :) Just wanted to let you know that on the thread "Spyderco's Answer To The BUCK Model 110 I just recommended that they could consider the Chinook 3 model or the RENEGADE model could indeed be Spyderco's answer to BUCK's legendary model 110.

The CHINOOK 3 in one of the newer supersteels would truly be a big slam dunk for a Sprint Run. Even 2000 units wouldn't last more than a couple of months>> I'm absolutely sure of it. It was one of the better GOLDEN CO, USA Earth models that Spyderco ever did. I always like the CHINOOK better than the MANIX by a long shot. I've said many times that even a combo edged Chinook 3 would be a great EDC.