Hap 40 Delica thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
NiallRiv

Re: Hap 40 Delica thread

Post by NiallRiv »

Just got my shipping confirmation from KC! WOO HOO!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

awa54 wrote:anyone has the jones bad enough Bento Box Shop says they have 'em available to ship on the 5th.

...at $10 over retail :eek:
Is that all? :p Sounds good to me!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Well, just got this email from osogrande:

Dear David,

We regret to inform you that the orders for the Delica that you ordered
has been so much that we are sold out now today, there is a batch that
will be sent to us, according to Spyderco, but we don't really get
excited it may happen, so please don't get your hopes up about it. If
you wish to leave your sales open, we certainly will honor the discount
whatever time it takes for them to arrive. Thank you again.

Blessings,

Bibiana Coble
OSO GRANDE KNIFE & TOOL CO.

Sounds a little sketchy whether they might or might not get a second wave. They are unsure. Hmmmmm... what to do.
Going back to Caly.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

SpeedHoles wrote:Well, just got this email from osogrande:

Dear David,

Blessings,

Bibiana Coble

Sounds a little sketchy whether they might or might not get a second wave. They are unsure. Hmmmmm... what to do.
Geez, I had ordered from Oso earlier today. Right after I ordered it was posted that KW & CS had them (darn, I usually order from them). I saw them available and these two dealers are usually reliable. I was debating whether to order another one through KW or CS. I didn't get an alert that OSO had charged my credit card so I started getting worried. Went back to KW and CS - GONE. I tried calling OSO but they will only take a message. Cross my fingers that OSO will come thru and send me the tracking number. :confused:
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

camvdcs wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:Well, just got this email from osogrande:

Dear David,

Blessings,

Bibiana Coble

Geez, I had ordered from Oso earlier today. Right after I ordered it was posted that KW & CS had them (darn, I usually order from them). I saw them available and these two dealers are usually reliable. I was debating whether to order another one through KW or CS. I didn't get an alert that OSO had charged my credit card so I started getting worried. Went back to KW and CS - GONE. I tried calling OSO but they will only take a message. Cross my fingers that OSO will come thru and send me the tracking number. :confused:

You might be good. I just ordered a few hours ago and got that reply email, so I was late.
Going back to Caly.
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

I ordered from OSO last night and just got the opposite email. They told me I was one of the lucky few to get one and it's being shipped. Been waiting all day for that one.
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

I ordered Monday from BladeHQ and haven't got a shipping conformation. Should I be worried and/or looking for another?
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

How did I miss these posts the last two days? Hope I score one soon.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

TheOutdoorNerd wrote:I ordered Monday from BladeHQ and haven't got a shipping conformation. Should I be worried and/or looking for another?
You can check your order status online, just go to your account, unfortunately BHQ doesn't give much detail like KW's does.

I ordered one from them on Monday too and haven't gotten a shipping notice yet either, I'm not too worried though, they seem to take a little longer to ship sometimes has been my experience.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

SpeedHoles wrote:And KW still seems to be just a preorder. I'm still waiting on my HAP40 Endura preorder from KW from 2 months ago.
No need to wait? National Knives is showing 49 of the Hap 40 Enduras in stock..they are also in stock @ Knife Center and if you want a better price New Graham is also showing 2 in stock.. http://newgraham.com/Endura-Flat-Grind- ... C10FPBORE/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are large 1200 piece sprint runs and will be easy to find for awhile..
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

National knives is already out of stock lol, but I noticed that they list the HAP40 Stretch with no image available and out of stock, just like the Dragonfly. That would be super awesome if they made the Stretch!

If no one else is worried about their BladeHQ order, then I won't worry either. I've never dealt with them but I'm used to most sellers that ship within a day or two.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

I wonder how long they will take to reach Australia
goTomek

Post by goTomek »

Oh, wait... pls tell me because I really do not understand...
Whats bad with order HAP Delica directly from Spyderco?
Spyders in the hole :spyder: Sage1, Centofante 3, Delica 4 FFG, Delica4 TiD, Delica4 PSBBK, Delica 4 FBORE, Rookie
Brock O Lee wrote: Life without coffee, chocolate, red wine and Spyderco would be fairly miserable!
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

goTomek wrote:Oh, wait... pls tell me because I really do not understand...
Whats bad with order HAP Delica directly from Spyderco?
If you order directly from from Spyderco you pay full MSRP, from most online retailers your pay about 60% of MSRP.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Siren, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
goTomek

Post by goTomek »

Yes, price, its obvious ;)
But if I read:
SpyderNut wrote:
awa54 wrote:anyone has the jones bad enough Bento Box Shop says they have 'em available to ship on the 5th.

...at $10 over retail :eek:
Is that all? :p Sounds good to me!
it became not so evident :rolleyes:

And Spyderco gives some discount, i.e. 25% for product registration for whole next purchase...
Last edited by goTomek on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spyders in the hole :spyder: Sage1, Centofante 3, Delica 4 FFG, Delica4 TiD, Delica4 PSBBK, Delica 4 FBORE, Rookie
Brock O Lee wrote: Life without coffee, chocolate, red wine and Spyderco would be fairly miserable!
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I forgot about that discount, I used mine many moons ago...
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Siren, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Osogrande emailed me and told me they were only gonna send me one of them and that they wanted to share the love. I called earlier in the day to make sure that I got in early enough and that they were gonna fulfill my order of two and they said yes. They were offering 10% off and free shipping if you spent over $100 so I ordered two. They are honoring that discount even though they are only sending one which is super cool. Bummed I am not getting two but pleased that I am getting a great deal on the one. They seemed optimistic that they were gonna receive more in my message and said that if they did that I would get one. I'm happy. :)

These sprints usually come in waves so I will still find another if I need to. The only real reason to strike fast is to get a better price. These should be popping up over the next two or three weeks at various dealers. I got one so the pressure is off. :) If I can snag another I will.

Speedholes, don't sit on that KW preorder. They never take you off even when there is no hope of them getting more. I never preorder and they are why. I sat on more than one preorder forever and just bought elsewhere. They had me on a preorder for a Cruwear Military for like a year after they sold out. I order from KW and they have been great to me but I wouldnt waste my time preordering from them (or anybody else). I haven't been denied a sprint yet and I don't ever preorder.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Osogrande emailed me and told me they were only gonna send me one of them and that they wanted to share the love. I called earlier in the day to make sure that I got in early enough and that they were gonna fulfill my order of two and they said yes. They were offering 10% off and free shipping if you spent over $100 so I ordered two. They are honoring that discount even though they are only sending one which is super cool. Bummed I am not getting two but pleased that I am getting a great deal on the one. They seemed optimistic that they were gonna receive more in my message and said that if they did that I would get one. I'm happy. :)

These sprints usually come in waves so I will still find another if I need to. The only real reason to strike fast is to get a better price. These should be popping up over the next two or three weeks at various dealers. I got one so the pressure is off. :) If I can snag another I will.

Speedholes, don't sit on that KW preorder. They never take you off even when there is no hope of them getting more. I never preorder and they are why. I sat on more than one preorder forever and just bought elsewhere. They had me on a preorder for a Cruwear Military for like a year after they sold out. I order from KW and they have been great to me but I wouldnt waste my time preordering from them (or anybody else). I haven't been denied a sprint yet and I don't ever preorder.

Thanks for the heads up on the preorder. My Endura and Crow 2 just shipped this week, lol. Wish there was a Delica riding in that package, too! :D
Going back to Caly.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Glad your Endura is inbound. :D

I am not knocking KW in any way. I just find that many dealers are willing to take more preorders than they are able to fill. I assume they don't know how many knives they will be able to get so they just take people's preorders and fill what they can. If you are on the end of the list you can be left hangin'. Preorders seem to work well for some and not for others. It hasn't worked well for me.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Glad your Endura is inbound. :D

I am not knocking KW in any way. I just find that many dealers are willing to take more preorders than they are able to fill. I assume they don't know how many knives they will be able to get so they just take people's preorders and fill what they can. If you are on the end of the list you can be left hangin'. Preorders seem to work well for some and not for others. It hasn't worked well for me.

Yeah, I hear that. Seems like a gamble still even when a "pre-order" should be a sure thing. The only sure thing is that the retailer will sell their product.

I'm gonna keep on the hunt! :D
Going back to Caly.