USN exclusive Lady Bug Hawkbill in toxic green/TiCN

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gijoe945

Re: USN exclusive Lady Bug Hawkbill in toxic green/TiCN

Post by gijoe945 »

To those of you , like myself, that would prefer not to join the USN forum, I will relate my experience with their Catcherman sprint. Bought from SFO at full retail plus shipping and sold it last year at double the price to a collector who is also not a member. I couldn't get myself to use it. I bought 1 of each of the new Hawkbills. Have the serrated one in my watch pocket and the other one to pay for both in the future. Great little EDC!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I'm weak. I went to the SFO on my lunch break today and picked up a backup. :o
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I'm weak. I went to the SFO on my lunch break today and picked up a backup. :o
Smart.
I got all of mine today. And back to square one in decision making, which one to carry. for some reason PE feels sharper :confused:
NaturalMystic

Post by NaturalMystic »

bh49 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:I'm weak. I went to the SFO on my lunch break today and picked up a backup. :o
Smart.
I got all of mine today. And back to square one in decision making, which one to carry. for some reason PE feels sharper :confused:
LOL yeah, I here that. Mine came in today also and I'm debating if to get a 2nd SE version so I can keep both my PE and SE stored away in my collection. The $25US shipping kinda hurts though.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Got mine today as well, and I'm literally so impressed with the H1 edge that Im considering buying the serrated version!
- Nick :bug-red
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Just a warning that I ordered 2 (both SE) and one is decently sharp, but the other was by far the dullest Spyderco knife I've ever gotten, and required an immediate sharpening. On the plus side I got some practice with sharpening SE.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I received mine (SE) on Thursday last week. Carried it over the weekend and enjoyed the "toxic green" in my pocket. ;) Still debating on getting another one for back-up. Decisions, decisions...
swigert

Post by swigert »

I got 2 SE. Both very sharp. One will never come out of the box again. One will live in my coin pocket now. USN is the only other forum in active on. This is a special one for me.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote:I received mine (SE) on Thursday last week. Carried it over the weekend and enjoyed the "toxic green" in my pocket. ;) Still debating on getting another one for back-up. Decisions, decisions...
Michael,
Just get it. :)
PE as well. My PE is feels much sharper than SE. Even better to get 3 or 4 to save on shipping. :) :D
I am really surprised that these knives are still available.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:I received mine (SE) on Thursday last week. Carried it over the weekend and enjoyed the "toxic green" in my pocket. ;) Still debating on getting another one for back-up. Decisions, decisions...
Michael,
Just get it. :)
PE as well. My PE is feels much sharper than SE. Even better to get 3 or 4 to save on shipping. :) :D
I am really surprised that these knives are still available.
Now Roman, why must you tempt me? :p Lol. I told my wife that you recommended me getting at least one more USN LB, and I'm pretty sure she gave me The Look. :D (Those of you who are married or have a S.O. know what I am talking about. ;) ) That PE is calling my name now... :o
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote: Now Roman, why must you tempt me? :p Lol.
This is why we are here
SpyderNut wrote: I told my wife that you recommended me getting at least one more USN LB, and I'm pretty sure she gave me The Look. :D (Those of you who are married or have a S.O. know what I am talking about. ;) ) That PE is calling my name now... :o
(Wife's)Training is important. Mt wife saw all of mine and just asked what it is. No look. She has her ladybug :)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote: Now Roman, why must you tempt me? :p Lol.
This is why we are here
SpyderNut wrote: I told my wife that you recommended me getting at least one more USN LB, and I'm pretty sure she gave me The Look. :D (Those of you who are married or have a S.O. know what I am talking about. ;) ) That PE is calling my name now... :o
(Wife's)Training is important. Mt wife saw all of mine and just asked what it is. No look. She has her ladybug :)
Yes sir, you said it well. A well-trained wife is worth her weight in gold--er, Spydies. :)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote:Yes sir, you said it well. A well-trained wife is worth her weight in gold--er, Spydies. :)
My wife well trained me as well. We are 30 years together.
Can you imagine, you were just two years old :)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Yes sir, you said it well. A well-trained wife is worth her weight in gold--er, Spydies. :)
Hee hee! Looks like I've got a long way to paddle. :o ;) Congrats too on the 30 years of marriage, Roman. That is an incredible blessing! :)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote:
bh49 wrote:
Hee hee! Looks like I've got a long way to paddle. :o ;) Congrats too on the 30 years of marriage, Roman. That is an incredible blessing! :)
Thank you. It is the blessing. 30 years ago I found incredible girl, which became incredible woman.
swigert

Post by swigert »

tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

bh49 wrote:Thank you. It is the blessing. 30 years ago I found incredible girl, which became incredible woman.
Funny how that works, isn't it? Too many people out there trying to polish a turd and wondering why their outcome is less than desired.

(Even though the mythbusters did show that you can in fact polish a turd, it was a lot of work and you end up with a lot of poop on your hands.)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

bh49 wrote: Thank you. It is the blessing. 30 years ago I found incredible girl, which became incredible woman.
Congrats Roman!

I have been with my best friend for 14 years and am truly blessed. She is the best thing that ever happened to me. Just like you we were just kids then ( she was 19 and I was 22 ) and we have both grown together over the years. It truly does just keep getting better.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

Found time to take a few shots. I'm loving the ladybug! I've been carrying the plain edge and my gf has been carrying the se. She bought me my previous black ladybug, so I had to buy her a green one. (considering I sold both the black ones :0 :)) Great product from Spyderco once again. Now I'm just awaiting it's big brother. The Catcherman :) Should be here Friday!

BDNX

Post by BDNX »