Your Favorite Slysz Design And Why

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Pick Your Favorite

Techno 1
8%
Techno 2
7%
Original Bowie
26%
KnifeJoy Bowie
9%
Swayback
18%
SpydieChef
32%

Total votes: 76

kriezek

Re: Your Favorite Slysz Design And Why

Post by kriezek »

Techno 2 is my favorite due to its small but very sturdy design which makes it easy to carry and easy to cut. A whole lot of tasks such as opening boxes, cutting rope, etc. just don't need a large knife. And the Techno 2 punches above its size.

As for the KJ Bowie, I have tried to like it. But it just doesn't wow me. Is it a nice knife - yes. But quite frankly, I like my Stretch better. And that goes for the Chef as well. The blade shape just doesn't do it for me. Will likely be getting rid of these 2 in the near future to make room for others.

The Swayback was one I really wanted to like, but I could not get it to open with one hand, so back it went.

So out of all of those, the Techno 2 is probably the only one I will keep and use. But they are nice knives and I understand why folks go bonkers for them.

Top 5 6 - Stretch, Delica 4, Mantra 3, Smock, PM2, Techno 2
Mister Coffee

Post by Mister Coffee »

@ kriezek : Good argument for the Techno 2. I'm waiting on that one. Maybe the price will come down, as it did on the Swayback.

A lot of people like the Stretch 2. :avocado

(I'm putting an avocado there because I like avocados. I hope it's not a symbol for some part of the anatomy or something.)
brough

Post by brough »

I really enjoy chilling out carving a bit with the Swayback. I do see a Techno in my future though.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Sorry for bumping the thread but I just watched through all of Marcin Slysz instagram trying to find the original name of every model spyderco produced in collaboration with him.

Does anyone know if the SpydieChef is based on the Persian with a blade shape made especially for the collaboration, or if it's an entirely new design with no custom to base it from ?
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I voted for the Swayback since it's the only Slysz/Spyderco model I've purchased and the only one that's appealed to me.

Some of the other non-Spyderco Slysz designs that have been posted look nice great and I'd wouldn't mind seeing a Spyderco collab of those
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

SpydieChef by a large margin for me. The design and execution are excellent. It is handsome and practical with a long cutting edge for the handle size. I've carried and used mine quite a bit.