Shaman 15V, Bad QC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Airlsee

Re: Shaman 15V, Bad QC

Post by Airlsee »

Opinions aside, I can guarantee that Nick is not a flipper, and cares as much about Spyderco as a company as anyone here. This should not become something that divides us.

Keep it civil.
So it goes.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

I will put it out there again, put some new wood scales on it and you have a winner.

But no one likes flippers, the OP’s post can be read that he is a flipper, but it can also be read he is upset that one knife has issues and now he can’t sell it.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Airlsee wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:37 pm
Opinions aside, I can guarantee that Nick is not a flipper, and cares as much about Spyderco as a company as anyone here. This should not become something that divides us.

Keep it civil.
Maybe, but, he is certainly kindling for a lot of arguments here.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I hope you are confused. Mushroom (Nick) is not kindling anything, he stood up as a voice of reason. Then was accused of being a flipper by some reactionary newb. That's absolutely ridiculous and you should know better CabFrank...
So it goes.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:29 pm
It's dry G10. Just needs a little moisture. You could probably rub the oil from your nose and wipe your finger on that scale and even out the color.
Yes exactly
MRj “Weak things break!”
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Much ado
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Airlsee wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:05 pm
I hope you are confused. Mushroom (Nick) is not kindling anything, he stood up as a voice of reason. Then was accused of being a flipper by some reactionary newb. That's absolutely ridiculous and you should know better CabFrank...
He does seem to like to start arguments though, there's a history of that. If you're referring to me (newb? um, no...) calling him a "closet flipper", that was tongue in cheek, as the emojis I used should clearly indicate. ;)
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageThreads like this give me happy feet ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:22 pm
ImageThreads like this give me happy feet ! MG2
😂 thanks for the laugh
:bug-red-white
Current “dream collection” of knives
temperance 1, lil temperance 1 serrated leaf, black micarta calypso jr & calypso, cocobolo kopa, stainless serrated harpy, stainless cricket
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:07 pm
Airlsee wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:37 pm

Keep it civil.
Maybe, but, he is certainly kindling for a lot of arguments here.
The torches and pitchforks were already out. The angry mob just didn't like what I had to say.

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:29 pm
Airlsee wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:05 pm
He does seem to like to start arguments though, there's a history of that. If you're referring to me (newb? um, no...) calling him a "closet flipper", that was tongue in cheek, as the emojis I used should clearly indicate. ;)
Just making sure you're aware but you do know that you are the only reason I'm even interacting with you in the first place, right? I didn't start anything. I would have never paid you any attention had you not made yourself known to me.

It’s just a knife though, you don't have to take things so personally. You’re trying so hard to make it personal against me now, it’s just kind of odd at this point. You’re not contributing anything of value to this thread by continuing to go after me. (Or the OP, for that matter) At least I tried to help the OP.

This thread =
- Nick :bug-red
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:15 pm
Just making sure you're aware but you do know that you are the only reason I'm even interacting with you in the first place, right? I didn't start anything. I would have never paid you any attention had you not made yourself known to me.

It’s just a knife though, you don't have to take things so personally. You’re trying so hard to make it personal against me now, it’s just kind of odd at this point. You’re not contributing anything of value to this thread by continuing to go after me. (Or the OP, for that matter) At least I tried to help the OP.

This thread =
A) I wasn’t talking to you.

B) YOU are taking it personally and trying to make it about yourself now. Byeeee! ;)

ETA -

C) Get off your high horse!

Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

SpyderPhreak wrote:

B) YOU are taking it personally and trying to make it about yourself now. Byeeee! ;)

ETA -

In that last post I quoted, you were literally talking about me, how else should I take it? :thinking (Thats rhetorical, by the way. This whole disagreement is futile.) We should at least be able to agree to disagree. I understand your point of view towards flippers. Contrarily, flippers don't bother me.

:respect
———

OP (spydiefan01), if you're still looking to resolve what you believe to be a quality control issue with your knife and unable to do it yourself, your best course of action is to contact Spyderco directly. You might also be able to contact the retailer you bought it from to see if an exchange is possible but given the limited nature and high demand of this sprint, that seems unlikely.

Spyderco Warranty and Repair

“If your knife requires other services or you have any questions concerning the repair process, please contact us directly:
Toll-free: 800-525-7770 X 3
Phone: 303-279-8383 X 3
E-mail: customerservice@spyderco.com

https://www.spyderco.com/service-suppor ... ty-repair/
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:00 pm
SpyderPhreak wrote:

ETA -

In that last post I quoted, you were literally talking about me, how else should I take it? :thinking (Thats rhetorical, by the way. This whole disagreement is futile.) We should at least be able to agree to disagree. I understand your point of view towards flippers. Contrarily, flippers don't bother me.

:respect
———

OP (spydiefan01), if you're still looking to resolve what you believe to be a quality control issue with your knife and unable to do it yourself, your best course of action is to contact Spyderco directly. You might also be able to contact the retailer you bought it from to see if an exchange is possible but given the limited nature and high demand of this sprint, that seems unlikely.

Spyderco Warranty and Repair

“If your knife requires other services or you have any questions concerning the repair process, please contact us directly:
Toll-free: 800-525-7770 X 3
Phone: 303-279-8383 X 3
E-mail: customerservice@spyderco.com

https://www.spyderco.com/service-suppor ... ty-repair/
Last word type, huh? ;) (Yes, I realize this post is contrary. :rofl)

Erich

Post by Erich »

spydiefan01 wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:06 pm
I have 3 of these knives and only this one looks like this, horrible QC, I cant even sell this

LOL good! It's always good to see flippers getting shafted. Hopefully you lose money on this.
Erich

Post by Erich »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:14 am
Lots of unnecessary anger towards the OP.

Owning three of these knives does not automatically make anyone a flipper. Could very well be a collector or someone buying pre-need replacements. Maybe wants to keep one as a safe queen, one as a user, and re-sell the last one for a bit of a profit. (Because he can.)

Regardless of what his plans are for the knives, that shouldn't matter to anyone here but him. What should matter is the potential issue with quality control.

OP, you could always contact Spydercos warranty and repair department to try and resolve the issue with them.

Warranty and repair info - https://www.spyderco.com/service-suppor ... ty-repair/

The photo you posted definitely shows a blemish on the scale but its difficult to really see what it is. I would recommend taking some higher quality photos that show the blemish better.
You're being obtuse. Accounts defending flippers should be automatically banned.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Erich wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:29 am
Mushroom wrote:

Owning three of these knives does not automatically make anyone a flipper. Could very well be a collector or someone buying pre-need replacements. Maybe wants to keep one as a safe queen, one as a user, and re-sell the last one for a bit of a profit. (Because he can.)

Regardless of what his plans are for the knives, that shouldn't matter to anyone here but him. What should matter is the potential issue with quality control.

OP, you could always contact Spydercos warranty and repair department to try and resolve the issue with them.

Warranty and repair info - https://www.spyderco.com/service-suppor ... ty-repair/

The photo you posted definitely shows a blemish on the scale but its difficult to really see what it is. I would recommend taking some higher quality photos that show the blemish better.
You're being obtuse. Accounts defending flippers should be automatically banned.
:yawn
Stagg3r

Post by Stagg3r »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:18 pm
Think of it as a convenience fee - Fight the crowds to get one like they did or pay a little extra to browse freely and buy from them when it’s easy.
This is exactly why people get mad at flippers. It is hard for people that want one to get, in part, because people that have no intention to use or keep them buy several just to resell for a profit. Same thing as ticket scalpers. There is nothing "convenient" about it. They add inconvenience to the process and tax you for it.

Now, if they want to sell it at cost, sure, that can be helping fellow travelers. If someone picks up 2 copies of a sprint run with the intent to keep one and offer the other back to the community at cost, that is great. You should do that on a site that allows it and everything is in the open though.
mongo1958

Post by mongo1958 »

ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:29 pm
feelings about flipping are irrelevant. if this guy just posted that he had a shaman sprint with some issues instead of saying he got three, would everyone here be treating this thread the same way? if anything, having three copies gives more credibility to the qc issue claim. these knives are too expensive and hard to get to have issues.
I think you and Mushroom have made very good points.
There is another post that Taz started called "Kindness of your hearts" that points out the true nature of the people in this Forum, even though the group was taken advantage of by the person of interest in the thread.
While I personally did not attack the OP in this thread, my comments did not build up and encourage and for that I apologize.
Mongo1958
****John3:16****
:bug-red-white Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? :bug-red-white
Para 3 Dark Blue G10 S110V (First Spyderco), PM2 Black G10 S45VN, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue BD1N, Sage 5 LW S30V, Shaman G10 S30V, Tenacious C122BK SE LW, Native 5 LW SE S35VN, P4SE K390, Delica 4SE K390, Endela SE K390, Caribbean SE LC200N, Dragonfly 2 S30V (wife's first Spydie), Autonomy 2 Black LC200N DLC SE.
Erich

Post by Erich »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:35 am
Erich wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:29 am
Mushroom wrote:

:yawn
Excuse me, I meant to say *willfully* obtuse.

A spade is a spade; political correctness is cowardice. Flippers steal knives from legitimate users only to upcharge later. They dont care about the knives. And if you think "muh free market" well i'm sorry to tell you that the market wasn't free in the first place because of the MAP price control, which encourages inflation generally.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

I still genuinely want to know what the QC issue is with the knife and keep checking in to see if OP ever came back.