feathersticking

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KnOeFz

Re: feathersticking

Post by KnOeFz »

This is where scandi grinds excel imho...

PStone

Post by PStone »

JoviAl wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:16 pm
PStone wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:36 am
WolfSpyder is about Delica sized. This is an older pic, and scandi bevel has been slightly convexed, but the WolfSpyder is a great option for a smaller feather sticker.

[/img]
Nice knife! I’ve been keeping an eye open for one of those on the secondary market for years but they never seem to come up.
Good news then! Word has it that they’re releasing it with slightly different specs. What exactly I am unsure. Says to be released sometime in 2023:

“Unfortunately this knife is currently unavailable but will be revised with a slightly different specification and become available in 2023.”

https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Prod ... der-Knife/

Is honestly my most anticipated release of 2023.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

PStone wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:29 am
JoviAl wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:16 pm
PStone wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:36 am
WolfSpyder is about Delica sized. This is an older pic, and scandi bevel has been slightly convexed, but the WolfSpyder is a great option for a smaller feather sticker.

[/img]
Nice knife! I’ve been keeping an eye open for one of those on the secondary market for years but they never seem to come up.
Good news then! Word has it that they’re releasing it with slightly different specs. What exactly I am unsure. Says to be released sometime in 2023:

“Unfortunately this knife is currently unavailable but will be revised with a slightly different specification and become available in 2023.”

https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Prod ... der-Knife/

Is honestly my most anticipated release of 2023.
That is fantastic news! Thank you for sharing this - you’ve made my day 👍🏻 I’m trying to work in a week doing a course with Ray over summer, but I’ve only got 27 days in the UK so it seems like a bit of an extravagance.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
PStone

Post by PStone »

JoviAl wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:33 am

That is fantastic news! Thank you for sharing this - you’ve made my day 👍🏻 I’m trying to work in a week doing a course with Ray over summer, but I’ve only got 27 days in the UK so it seems like a bit of an extravagance.
I have the email notification set up and will post when I hear something. But we likely will hear about it here on the forum first. Super jealous if you get to do the course with Ray Mears. Also I think camping/bushcraft with Mears would be an extravagance either way! Fingers crossed it works out for you!
:bug-red-white
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

PStone wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:47 am
JoviAl wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:33 am

I have the email notification set up and will post when I hear something. But we likely will hear about it here on the forum first. Super jealous if you get to do the course with Ray Mears. Also I think camping/bushcraft with Mears would be an extravagance either way! Fingers crossed it works out for you!
:bug-red-white
😂 good point! I run a Forest school though, so I reckon I might be able to angle the company paying for it as a work related training course if I play my cards right. The man is a national treasure.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE