The ones that give you pleasure to use

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

The ones that give you pleasure to use

Post by twinboysdad »

We all own plenty, carry some of them, but which ones actually give you pleasure to use? For me it is a) anything Superblue and b) the Pingo.

The Superblue E4 is the first knife I have ever gotten stupid sharp on my own. I was just doing parlor tricks with it for my mom last weekend, making translucent carrot strips. The Pingo, I can't explain. I should not like it as much as I do, but it is just fun to use and I kind of want one to mod. I think this thing has sprint run written all over it.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Rock lobster.
O.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Caly 3.5 superblue and se Pacific Salt
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Of all my knives, I would have to say the PM2 is the most fun/pleasurable to use. It is super comfortable for me, quick to whip out and easy to put back in my pocket because of the compression lock. It is a top seller for a reason, Spyderco nailed it. I don't have a pingo yet, maybe it is time.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Ladybug SE. There's just something magical about seeing that little blade sing through stuff like hot butter. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
v8r

Post by v8r »

For me it is my Tuff and my Kris. Both of them are knives that I didn't expect to like as much as I do if you know what I mean. The Tuff is just one of those designs that seems like it can just handle anything you would use a folding knife for. While being unique. The Kris is what I call a extremely unusual gentleman's knife with a bit of flair.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
M80

Post by M80 »

Matriarch 2 xD jks My favorite to use is probably my endura or para 2
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

The Lil Matriarch and the Military models are currently my favorites and give me the most pleasure to use.
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

I agree with v8r on the Kris. Such a good knife.
Water babies singing in a lily-pool delight
Blue powder monkies praying in the dead of night
Here comes the black queen, poking in the pile
Fie-fo the black queen, marching single file
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Any sharp spydie is mostly nice to use....
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Para 1 d2 sprint. I love foliage green, i love the distal taper, i love the terrible blade to handle ratio, i love the fact that the g10 got all shiny near the pivot from a copper nipple rivet on a pair of jeans. I love the pocket clips flatness, i love the slightly chamfered jimping on the the thumb rest, and the slight accumulation of rust. I love how comfortable i feel with this knife, i have no anxiety that im cheating on another blade when i have it on me.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

All of them or I wouldn't own them. The ones that don't blow me away in use as much as aesthetics get moved on.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Hmm... I'm think I'm gonna go with my Damascus Endura because I rarely use it but still love to, just don't wanna cause any harm to it :p
And my Cricket. The Cricket has the reverse S shape and that hook tip just eats up everything you throw at it despite the size.
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

For me, the Aqua Salt gives the most pleasure, as I'm usually on the water fishing. I also love the cf Caly 3.5 my most carried, and the Para 1 or 2 when I'm not working. As an all purpose knife, the South Fork gets the nod. It is a truly classic design, simply beautiful. This may all change with the Sprig. Sooooo ready for this one.
Dabblerinred
Banned

Post by Dabblerinred »

Tenacious and Delica for me.
Waco

Post by Waco »

My Millie and my Enduras. I sold the ones that felt too small in my big hand (Ladybug and Native5).
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Harpy and/or Tasman Salt(both serrated of course).Serrated Pacific Salt comes next.Spyderedges have something hypnotic for me, both in use and looks.Serrated hawkbills even more.Spyderco, give us more serrated knives(mostly in H1) !.
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Swick is always on me in woods or kayaking or in waders. Goddard is my main knife it's so simple and comfortable it's great to use!

If you zoom in you can see the swick around my neck.

~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

I like all of mine but The one that just does it for me its the Endura4 saber grind for some strange reason. And the Para2 right behind it. Also the Manbug is growing on me over the last months. Its hard to decide I like them all. The only rule or thing that I am particular with is that the Delica has to be a FFG and H1 serrated.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
Lobo.joe

Post by Lobo.joe »

I like the Bradley Air. A sweet small light package that cuts like a champ. I just wish it had a clip so I'd carry it more.
Lobo.joe

:spyder: Manix 2, native, native 5, dragonfly g10, sage 2, sage 4, delica, endura, caly 3 Damascus, caly 3.5, nearly all para 2, CF military, techno, superleaf, tenacious