Cru-wear Delica

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: Cru-wear Delica

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:49 pm
So do other dealers! Woo hoo, it’s a sprint run! Maybe we will see the whole lineup? Bring on the Stretch!
Dang Right Bring on the Stretch!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

tjsblade wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:23 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:44 pm
Blade HQ has it listed as well.
I can't seem to find it on their website
I searched for "spyderco delica cruwear" on google and the link came up for BHQ. They have a page for it, but no pics or price listed yet. But if the teal dragonfly run was any indication, they've been a bit behind the game on exclusive runs lately.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
fixall

Post by fixall »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:24 am
fixall wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:45 am
No way am I going to be able to resist this. What an unexpected and wonderful surprise!

A little birdie told me it was going to be priced just under $100 too. We’ll see if that holds true.
$94.22 as Spydergirl88 previously posted. Which is retail price minus 35%.

From my phone I can type "coming soon" in the search box and the price is shown in the search results

https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-delic ... y-frn.html
Excellent! I must have missed that post in my excitement. That's even a few bucks cheaper than I was told it would be. :D
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

ferider wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:12 am
Don't know what to do with such a small knife, unfortunately. Hoping they follow up with a CW Endura ....
Agreed; it's a beautiful little instrument, but unfortunately for me a little too little. Maybe we'll get our wish though :cool:
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:49 pm
So do other dealers! Woo hoo, it’s a sprint run! Maybe we will see the whole lineup? Bring on the Stretch!
I would be all over a Cruwear Stretch!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Skywalker wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:22 pm
Comparing to the other non-stainless PM tool steel option for the Delica, HAP40 - CPM CruWear will be a little tougher and a little less wear resistant, is that right? Basically more along the lines of 3V than M4? (assuming comparable hardness... I know there have been a couple questions about the hardness of the HAP40 models, which is difficult to measure with the softer stainless cladding)

Asking because I've been pretty happy with my HAP40 Delica performance-wise... aesthetically I like the mono-metal blade and dark blue/gray of this better than the clad blade and burnt orange of the HAP40 but not clear that I would functionally prefer the CruWear model.

Your post says pretty exactly what I think too... ;)

I never really could understand, why Cruwear should be THAT exciting (I mean, look how many posts in a very short period of time "just" cause a Cruwear blade is released...) compared to, yes, for example HAP40 or other steels...

Don't get me wrong, Cruwear certainly is not a bad steel!!!
And compared to many/most on this forum I clearly and admittedly know very little about steels, so Cruwear will probably have certain properties I just have no clue about.

But just from what I read about Cruwear so far: I'd prefer cladded HAP40, plus if I'd want Cruwear, than rather in a larger (fixed) blade...

That being said: I'd still like to try what the Cruwear-hype is all about, and Cruwear of course would not STOP me from buying a knife (for a reasonable price...) ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

soooo....is today the day?? :) the anticipation is killing me...arrrgghhh!!!! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I think I might be the only guy in Spyderville who isn't waiting on this one with baited breath. I'm not really a delica guy, and I have other CruWear platforms that I enjoy, plus CruWear is not my top steel choice. One more for someone else. :)
Skyemaster12

Post by Skyemaster12 »

Don't have any Cruwear or Maxamet. Can't make up my mind about
these kind of steels. Did get a M4 Native 5 recently.
Delica G-2 Frn, Para3 s35 Brn, Native 5 M4 Natural, PM2 390 Red, Para 3 390 Red
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

So would this be a distributor exclusive or sprint? Reading the description on GP Knives it sounds like it’s a dealer exclusive, but it’d be cool if it was a sprint. Do collectors club people get exclusive knives?
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:32 am
I think I might be the only guy in Spyderville who isn't waiting on this one with baited breath. I'm not really a delica guy, and I have other CruWear platforms that I enjoy, plus CruWear is not my top steel choice. One more for someone else. :)
I haven't had any chipping issues with my HAP40 Delica so I'll probably pass on this one too - don't see the need for extra toughness. I have some CruWear in the recent Manix2 version but it's not getting carried much because I like the Delica so much.

But regardless of my personal preference I'm glad that we're getting more steel options in more platforms. Good to have choices and for people to experiment and find what they like.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Ez556 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:11 am

So would this be a distributor exclusive or sprint? Reading the description on GP Knives it sounds like it’s a dealer exclusive, but it’d be cool if it was a sprint. Do collectors club people get exclusive knives?

Sprint = Spyderco designed - all dealers have the opportunity to sell these - Rex45 sprints, S90V Shaman, AEB-L Urban, etc are all Sprints and were available at MANY dealers

Distributor Exclusive = commissioned by the DISTRIBUTOR, and the dealers who buy from the distributor are the only dealers who will have this knife - this Cruwear Delica is an example and is only available at 4 dealers (it was commissioned by Lone Star Wholesale and will be for sale at BHQ, DLT, KnivesPlus, and GPKnives) from what I can tell. The S30V Teal Dragonfly was also a distributor exclusive and was only sold at 3 dealers I believe.

Dealer Exclusive = commissioned by the DEALER, and this dealer is the only one who will have the knife. The BHQ Jade M4 series is an example of this. Same for the Orange Cutlery Shoppe exclusives.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:28 am
Sprint = Spyderco designed - all dealers have the opportunity to sell these - Rex45 sprints, S90V Shaman, AEB-L Urban, etc are all Sprints and were available at MANY dealers

Distributor Exclusive = commissioned by the DISTRIBUTOR, and the dealers who buy from the distributor are the only dealers who will have this knife - this Cruwear Delica is an example and is only available at 4 dealers (it was commissioned by Lone Star Wholesale and will be for sale at BHQ, DLT, KnivesPlus, and GPKnives) from what I can tell. The S30V Teal Dragonfly was also a distributor exclusive and was only sold at 3 dealers I believe.

Dealer Exclusive = commissioned by the DEALER, and this dealer is the only one who will have the knife. The BHQ Jade M4 series is an example of this. Same for the Orange Cutlery Shoppe exclusives.
Good summary!

Gold star for you! :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:55 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:28 am

Good summary!

Gold star for you! :)
Should be a sticky! Seems to come up a lot, the difference between them. Well done!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:32 am

I'm the second, Tom... ;)
See my post just two above yours...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

So people in the collectors club get access to knives from all three categories?
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Ez556 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 am
So people in the collectors club get knives from all three categories?

I believe you can choose to get the standard production only or a full membership that includes all sprints, exclusives, etc.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Looks like Rivers Edge Cutlery will have them, too. They have an ETA of 8/5/19 on their website.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Great to here it is coming out soon any ideas on the price point?
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

That is one uuuhhhgggly color, but that is still a beeeeuuuutttiiiifful knife.

Timing coincides with a pay check so I am in luck, thinks I'm going to get me one!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!