Knife Works Para2 up for preorder

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jet B

Post by Jet B »

I don't think I'll bite on this one either. I ordered the M390 military because I don't have one and I'm partial to carbon fiber handles. Plus, I plan on using it.

While this Para 2 sprint is going to be a great knife, it's just not calling my name. Maybe one of the future sprints will catch my eye.

I wouldn't want to neglect my S30V Para 2 after all.
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

I ordered. I'm not sure I'll totally dig the color but I don't want to miss it. If I don't like it, I can always sell it.
-Ryan
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

LOL...I didn't mean to open a can O' worms. In terms of profiteering...the only reason I occasionally buy and sell Spydies is to fund the addiction. At the same time, the notion of scarcity is what drives the value of Sprint runs up in the first place. Smart sellers understand this and play that card. It's the 2nd and 3rd tier sellers that drive a lot of that demand that create the buzz around a particular sprint. My 2 cents
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

JNewell wrote:Hey, just call me Quark. When you're talkin' profit, I'm all...ears. ;) :D
Do my eyes deceive me? Or did you just throw out a Star Trek DS9 pun? I do fit in here somewhere. :)

And if we are counting, my order is in for 1.
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

1 ordered. I MUCH prefer these Knifeworks exclusives to the way the other feeding frenzy sprint releases are handled.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Alchemy1 wrote:I just wish I liked the color more :cool:
Lucky me. This is my favorite color. I didn't buy brown or blue, but I am really happy with dark green and orange. Most likely green will win the place in my pocket.
IIRC orange was sold in two weeks and I am wondering if this one will beat the record. Two of my friends already bought one each and I am working with one more. I do not know how people can pass on para2 with such combination of steel and color :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I haven't been on in a couple days. glad I came on to look around. Now to decide on 1 or 2. I will be one to use this knife. Money is really tight right now, but don't want to miss out. I think I will order 2 just in case.
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Agree with you on the $ value point - though the CTS-20CP sprint sold on the street for basically the same price when it was released. I looked up the invoice for mine and they were $140 each. 20CP is equivalent to S90V, and those two have ranked the same in Jim Ankerson's tests. :spyder:
Alchemy1 wrote:I can't believe how fast they are selling. If the steel really is as good as the blue para 2 and the quality is a good...this is going to be one **** of a deal! I just wish I liked the color more :cool:
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

jtoler_9 wrote:Do my eyes deceive me? Or did you just throw out a Star Trek DS9 pun? I do fit in here somewhere. :)

No, totally, and totally. :D :D :D
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

jtoler_9 wrote:Do my eyes deceive me? Or did you just throw out a Star Trek DS9 pun? I do fit in here somewhere. :)

Glad I'm not the only one nerdy enough to have caught the DS9 reference/pun. ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Jet B

Post by Jet B »

JNewell wrote:Agree with you on the $ value point - though the CTS-20CP sprint sold on the street for basically the same price when it was released. I looked up the invoice for mine and they were $140 each. 20CP is equivalent to S90V, and those two have ranked the same in Jim Ankerson's tests. :spyder:

Yeah, I bet the CTS 204P will be an incredible performing steel.

After seeing Jims ranking tests, I always keep my eyes open for anything in S90V, 20Cp, M390, and 204P...

I'm just not really hot on the green... I guess I could pick one up and try to put custom scales on it or dye them. But sure enough, as soon as I did that, a carbon fiber Para 2 sprint would pop up and I would have to buy that one too.

*It's odd that the green scales aren't appealing to me because the Digital camo/DLC Para 2 is my favorite knife at the moment...
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I'm pretty sure this green one will replace the smurf blue M390 I've been carrying since receiving it. I've been waiting for dark green G-10 for a long time.
:bug-red-white
-F1

Post by -F1 »

Goes to show how overpriced BBS was with the Smurf. Same basic steel, $50 more.
Prospero

Post by Prospero »

Nice sprint color, with blade steel equivalent to M390, all for less "gold pressed latinum" than the Bento Box sprint!!! :D Can't wait 'til it arrives....
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I placed my order for 2. Now we need someone to put in an order for Para 2 M4!
I normally do not order 2 of the same knives. Not sure what I will end up doing with the second one. Time will tell
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
-F1

Post by -F1 »

Prospero wrote:Nice sprint color, with blade steel equivalent to M390, all for less "gold pressed latinum" than the Bento Box sprint!!! :D Can't wait 'til it arrives....
I posted something to the effect that this knife shows how overpriced BBS was, but then I realized that I have no idea what the production costs of M390 vs. CTS-204P are, so I thought better of it. In any case, I've decided to pass on this one. (NTAC)
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

Hi all,

I did the pre order on this one too and I think it will be a nice knife. I was also interested in the Earth Brown one cause I seen them around for about $113. Is that a good price for it? I see it is in two different steels so which is the better steel?

Any help is appreciated. I did want an orange and blue ones but I missed the boat with those! :(
-F1

Post by -F1 »

sir_mike wrote:which is the better steel?
I can't remember what steel the Turd PM2 has, but I don't think there is a much better steel than M390/CTS-204P, unless you enter price into the discussion.
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

-F1 wrote:I can't remember what steel the Turd PM2 has, but I don't think there is a much better steel than M390/CTS-204P, unless you enter price into the discussion.
Which one came with the M390? Is that the blue one? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question but I am new to the Para 2's and just working on getting a few different colored ones.

Does anyone know where a list of run dates/amounts are at for these sprint run models of the Para 2's?
-F1

Post by -F1 »

Yep the blue (Smurf) PM2 from Bento Box Shop (BBS) has M390. M390 and CTS-204P are very close to being the same steel--except I have no idea what HT is used or any of that. Please stop with the "dumb question" bit because that wasn't even close to qualifying. Check my previous posts for good examples of qualifying "dumb questions". :)