NFL 2023-2024 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mushroom

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season

Post by Mushroom »

Philly’s collapse this season was a thing of beauty! :party-face

I’m glad the Bucs won this one but I’m fully on the Lions bandwagon now!
- Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:20 pm
Philly’s collapse this season was a thing of beauty! :party-face

I’m glad the Bucs won this one but I’m fully on the Lions bandwagon now!
Me & u both! 😎
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I knew the Dolphins would lose at Arrowhead in January 😆 😎 🔥
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The tush push - I don't think the transplant worked (the Kardashian!)😆 😆 😂
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Talk about complete and total insanity!! With all the terrific coaches on the open market this year. But the Dallas Cowboys committed to Mike McCarthy for 2 more years. WHAT COMPLETE IDIOTS!!!!

I could name at least 5 coaches on the open market that they could have had but they go back to a proven loser. I think the Dallas Cowboys only care about revenue. They don't want a Superbowl team. They aren't concerned about winning.

That decision makes absolutely no common sense what so ever. I bet the Cowboys will be 9 wins, 8 losses next season>> and probably won't even make the playoffs next year. They let the best opportunity to get a premier coach disappear like a puff of smoke. WHAT IDIOTS!!!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Paul, those clips were hysterical, especially the Eagles one! :grin-squint

In other news, I’ve been hearing and reading a lot of chatter about Belichick signing with the Falcons as the new Head Coach. I think that’s where he ultimately ends up.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:37 pm

In other news, I’ve been hearing and reading a lot of chatter about Belichick signing with the Falcons as the new Head Coach. I think that’s where he ultimately ends up.
😆- I'm glad you liked it too! 😎
Yeah man, looks like Bills goin to the ATL
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:37 pm

I sure hope so and Kirk Cousins wants to tag along 👍
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, what with the rumors of the possible retirement of Big Red?
Seems as if Andy Reid may retire at the end of the season. .......maybe Belichick should ghost Atlanta 😆
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:10 pm
Man, what with the rumors of the possible retirement of Big Red?
Seems as if Andy Reid may retire at the end of the season. .......maybe Belichick should ghost Atlanta 😆
Andy Reid isn't going to retire anytime in the near future. And even if he were to miraculously pull off another Superbowl this season that wouldn't even factor into it at this time.

Andy looked his entire football life for the near perfect QB to accomplish what he's always wanted. And that it to completely rule the entire NFL. And he's on his way to doing just that if he finds a couple more elite receivers. After his frustration with Donovan McNabb and Alex Smith he finally has an elite QB. I'm sure he'll coach till he's at least 72 to 74 years of age.

He is the happiest that he's ever been and he's not going to jump ship at this time. His popularity here in Kansas City is off the charts. As long as he has Sir Patrick Mahomes he ain't going anywhere any time soon,.
Last edited by JD Spydo on Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I haven't tried to predict any NFL games for quite some time now. But I'm going to try my luck at predicting this Divsional Round this weekend.

First> I'm predicting that CJ Stroud will overtake Lamar Jackson in today's game. I look for the Texans to win by at least 10 points. ( Jackson's history of choking in the playoffs doesn't look good for the Ravens)

Second> I think the 49ers will comfortably take out the Packers by at least one touchdown. The Niners won't lay an egg like the Cowboys did.

Third> I do think that Baker Mayfield will ruin the Detroit Lion's Cinderella Season. I think the Bucs will win by a field goal. This is Baker's big chance at redemption.

Forth> I do believe that Sir Patrick Mahomes will prevail against the Bills. I think that the Chiefs finally being forced to play an important Playoff game away from home will fire the entire team up. I think that Steve Spagnuolo's defense will prevail big time.

I believe if I at least get half of them right I'll consider it good results because this playoff season has been a very difficult one to predict so far. I think that C. J. Stroud and the Texans are truly going to shock some folks.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I really like CJ Stroud and think he deserve to win rookie of the year but I have the Ravens winning this one. (I had the Ravens before the game started too :squinting-tongue)

I think the 49ers vs Packers game is going to be a lot closer than some people think. I have a little bit more confidence in Jordan Love than I do in Brock Purdy but the 49ers are so loaded that I do think they will ultimately come out on top. I think it will be a close game though and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go either way.

The Lions vs Bucs game is an tough one to call. The Bucs have a good defense but I think they really benefited from the Eagles totally collapsing at the end of this season. The Bucs are an experienced team but I think the Lions and the crowd in Detroit will win this one. I just really like the Lions this year, I’d love to see them win it all.

———

I don’t even need to predict the Chiefs vs Bills game. Sorry to spoil it but I already know the Chiefs are going to win - I guarantee it!

Shawn Hochuli is the lead referee for this game. The Bills aren’t allowed to win when he refs their games.

Really, I promise you, the Chiefs are going to win tomorrow night. After that they are going to beat the Ravens in the AFC Championship and it doesn’t matter who the NFC team in the Superbowl is because the Chiefs are going to win that too. Guaranteed.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:04 pm
I really like CJ Stroud and think he deserve to win rookie of the year but I have the Ravens winning this one. (I had the Ravens before the game started too :squinting-tongue)

I think the 49ers vs Packers game is going to be a lot closer than some people think. I have a little bit more confidence in Jordan Love than I do in Brock Purdy but the 49ers are so loaded that I do think they will ultimately come out on top. I think it will be a close game though and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go either way.

The Lions vs Bucs game is an tough one to call. The Bucs have a good defense but I think they really benefited from the Eagles totally collapsing at the end of this season. The Bucs are an experienced team but I think the Lions and the crowd in Detroit will win this one. I just really like the Lions this year, I’d love to see them win it all.

———

I don’t even need to predict the Chiefs vs Bills game. Sorry to spoil it but I already know the Chiefs are going to win - I guarantee it!

Shawn Hochuli is the lead referee for this game. The Bills aren’t allowed to win when he refs their games.

Really, I promise you, the Chiefs are going to win tomorrow night. After that they are going to beat the Ravens in the AFC Championship and it doesn’t matter who the NFC team in the Superbowl is because the Chiefs are going to win that too. Guaranteed.
I do agree with you that C. J. Stroud should win Rookie Of The Year. Also I think that Kevin Stefanski should win Coach of the year.

How do you know for 100% sure that the Chiefs are going to win tomorrow night??? You said earlier in the season that you more or less guaranteed the Chiefs to win the Superbowl again this season as well.

If it's all that rigged then I'm wondering why I watch any of these games. But I guess entertainment is nothing to take seriously when it's all said and done. Or maybe the WWE is more real than we think?

I do think the Chief's chances are good for the upcoming game with the Bills. Mahomes looked better in that last game with the Dolphins last week than he did in any of the regular season games. Maybe he is playing his part as scripted. It will be interesting for sure.

I still look for Baker Mayfield to upset the Lions tomorrow. However I did get the Ravens game wrong. I still think Lamar Jackson is going to blow the game next week. I'm really surprised he won today's game.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Nick, you nailed that Packers/9'ers game!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:18 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:04 pm

I do agree with you that C. J. Stroud should win Rookie Of The Year. Also I think that Kevin Stefanski should win Coach of the year.

How do you know for 100% sure that the Chiefs are going to win tomorrow night??? You said earlier in the season that you more or less guaranteed the Chiefs to win the Superbowl again this season as well.

If it's all that rigged then I'm wondering why I watch any of these games. But I guess entertainment is nothing to take seriously when it's all said and done. Or maybe the WWE is more real than we think?

I do think the Chief's chances are good for the upcoming game with the Bills. Mahomes looked better in that last game with the Dolphins last week than he did in any of the regular season games. Maybe he is playing his part as scripted. It will be interesting for sure.

I still look for Baker Mayfield to upset the Lions tomorrow. However I did get the Ravens game wrong. I still think Lamar Jackson is going to blow the game next week. I'm really surprised he won today's game.
I do not believe the NFL is “scripted” in the same way WWE is but I do believe certain games are intentionally influenced by the refs. Whether it be for money, marketing, narrative, etc. I do believe it happens.

The reason I believe this game will be intentionally influenced by the refs, is the lead referee that was chosen, Shawn Hochuli. The Chiefs are 8-2 all time and 3-0 on the road when he refs their games. On the contrary, the Bills are 1-4 with him as the lead ref and their one win, was oddly enough, their controversial week 14 game this season against the Chiefs.

I do believe the Bills will be playing against more than just the Chiefs in this game.

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:54 am
Nick, you nailed that Packers/9'ers game!
:cheap-sunglasses Now I hope my prediction in today’s NFC game is correct as well! Would love to see a 49ers vs Lions NFC Championship game.

On the other hand, I hope my AFC game… prediction :discguised is wrong though. I want to take this tinfoil hat off already! :rofl
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Dang fellas, no idea who will win this Lions/Bucs game!
If I had to bet, I'd take the Lions but, I have a feeling this game will be super close
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Both are a cool story, and I'd be happy for Mayfield if they could win...but my heart is with the Lions! Been cool seeing them finally piece together a really solid team over the past few years. Can't imagine being a lifelong fan of that franchise!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:28 pm
Both are a cool story, and I'd be happy for Mayfield if they could win...but my heart is with the Lions! Been cool seeing them finally piece together a really solid team over the past few years. Can't imagine being a lifelong fan of that franchise!
Ha!!! I had the exact same feelings!
I was just telling my wife the same thing!
I reckon a lot of people probably feel that way too
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lookin really good for Detroit.