Best torx wrench set

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fireman

Re: Best torx wrench set

Post by Fireman »

:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I ordered this kit about 6 months ago from Three Rivers Mfg and I honestly don't think I've used any other torx kit I have to work on my knives since. It's a very nicely made handle with all the Wiha torx bits you'll need to dis/assemble the majority of modern folding knives..

https://www.threeriversmfg.com/extra-sc ... p220936507

TRM departs a bit with industry standards in that they embrace and encourage their customers in taking apart and modifying their knives. Scales are interchangeable and can be purchased directly from TRM, along with extra hardware.. pocket clips, washers, screws, standoffs, etc. (haha if only the knives were as easy to get your hands on..) This kit is the one they recommend for dis/assembly of their knives. I really like it.
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

James Y wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:44 pm
Dazen wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:48 am
This is what I use most of the time.

Are the torx bits made in Germany or Vietnam? I’ve read reviews where people have said they’ve received bits made in either place. I’m not being elitist, but I’d much rather have my screwdriver bits manufactured in Germany. Some have complained about the Vietnam-made bits not working as well.

Jim

I actually have no idea. I looked and it doesn’t say anywhere on the tools themselves. I threw the packaging away, so all I can say is the quality seems top notch so far.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
James Y

Post by James Y »

Dazen wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:32 am
James Y wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:44 pm
Dazen wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:48 am
This is what I use most of the time.

Are the torx bits made in Germany or Vietnam? I’ve read reviews where people have said they’ve received bits made in either place. I’m not being elitist, but I’d much rather have my screwdriver bits manufactured in Germany. Some have complained about the Vietnam-made bits not working as well.

Jim

I actually have no idea. I looked and it doesn’t say anywhere on the tools themselves. I threw the packaging away, so all I can say is the quality seems top notch so far.

Thanks. I may purchase these at some point.

Jim
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Don't forget Chapman Tools who makes nice bits sets and drivers in the US. https://chapmanmfg.com/collections

I also have a titanium driver from CountyComm, but it is currently out of stock on their site. Very good deal, IMO.
https://countycomm.com/products/tpsk-ti ... driver-kit

I think Spyderco could sell a Spyderco specific set of bits with driver made by Chapman Tools.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001