S90V Fluted Carbon Fiber Native 5 is alive!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RamZar

Re: S90V Fluted Carbon Fiber Native 5 is alive!

Post by RamZar »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Can someone from Spyderco confirm if this is regular production?
It's regular production. I already asked Spyderco and you can see their response in one of my posts above.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

RamZar wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:Can someone from Spyderco confirm if this is regular production?
It's regular production. I already asked Spyderco and you can see their response in one of my posts above.
Oh yeah, I forgot we already covered this. Thanks for the reminder.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

RamZar wrote:
That's awesome news! Thanks for the clarification!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

In stock at GPK!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

out of stock. How much it was?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

It was $251 and some change. Looks like I ordered the last one in stock :o sorry guys.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

thank you
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

Incoming. Surprised and pleased to see this come to fruition, after early development termination. Glad they solved the riddle of QC for satisfactory yield on the fluted CF production.

I like the fluted CF (on the 40th anniv. Native) more than the fluted Ti version, but I am blase if not uninspired to use the 40th for more than ceremonial use. "Sacrilege!" sayeth Charles Laughton... But the S90V version will get at least a few weeks of EDC usage for T & E.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

It looks like Blade HQ has these in stock.
Squawk

Post by Squawk »

I got mine for 248€ including VAT (which is quite high here) and shipping. Seams that has been quite a good deal. It's a beautiful piece, the fluted CF scales are the nicest CF scales i've got in my collection now and the manufacturing tolerances seem to be impressively tight on this model, i've never had a sticky backlock until now but this one still begs to be broken in.
elduderino04

Post by elduderino04 »

RamZar wrote:Yesterday National Knives had it for $251.97 and today it's $215.97. I'm hoping the latter wins out! :)
Looks like National bumped the price up to $251. Are there any dealers selling it at $215, or are they all going with 30% of MAP? And if the latter, does anyone think there's a chance any dealers will eventually sell below that 30% mark? Since they're all consistent, it seems likely to me that there was some directive from Golden to sell at this number. Hopefully I'm wrong, though. I love the knife, but $250 is getting into some steep competition.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The same here. I like the knife a lot, but not $250 like. I was able to handle 40th Native and found fluted CF to be OK and not more than OK. Strongly prefer fluting on Ti variant, but I love contoured scales. If I will be able to get it for $215, than it will great. Otherwise there are more knives are coming.

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

bh49 wrote:The same here. I like the knife a lot, but not $250 like. I was able to handle 40th Native and found fluted CF to be OK and not more than OK. Strongly prefer fluting on Ti variant, but I love contoured scales. If I will be able to get it for $215, than it will great. Otherwise there are more knives are coming.
I'm with you on this! I happen to really like the fluted CF but I already have a 40th Native with it. I'd probably buy one of these for $215 but for $250 I'd probably go with the fluted Ti for something different. Plus I think I'd prefer S35VN to S90V.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RamZar wrote:Spyderco responded as follows:
The Native 5 Fluted carbon fiber handle with S90V blade steel should be coming out sometime this summer.
It is a standard production item and not a sprint run.
The MSRP on this knife is $359.95. Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) is 40% off of MSRP. Dealers can set their pricing as long as it is not below that price.
Since it's a production and not a sprint run, I for one will hold out for the $215.97 street price (40% off MSRP)! No rush in getting one.
If this is not a secret, where this information come from? I got e-mail from my dealer that they a knife for me. I called and asked the price and was told that MAP is $252. May be Spyderco changed 40% off MSRP policy and implemented "variable %" off MAP? Well?

RamZar

Post by RamZar »

bh49 wrote:
The Native 5 Fluted carbon fiber handle with S90V blade steel should be coming out sometime this summer.
The MSRP on this knife is $359.95. Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) is 40% off of MSRP. Dealers can set their pricing as long as it is not below that price.
Since it's a production and not a sprint run, I for one will hold out for the $215.97 street price (40% off MSRP)! No rush in getting one.
If this is not a secret, where this information come from? I got e-mail from my dealer that they a knife for me. I called and asked the price and was told that MAP is $252. May be Spyderco changed 40% off MSRP policy and implemented "variable %" off MAP? Well?
The information is from an email of July 6, 2017 from Christy Utley of Spyderco in response to my questions.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I got mine yesterday, it is really really nice. I've never handled the 40th Anniversary N5, so $252 was worth it to me to get the fluted carbon fiber, with a nice plain shiny blade :D
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Bdubs808 wrote:I got mine yesterday, it is really really nice. I've never handled the 40th Anniversary N5, so $252 was worth it to me to get the fluted carbon fiber, with a nice plain shiny blade :D
Congrats on the nice knife. I love my 40th, I bet this one is just as well made.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RamZar wrote:
bh49 wrote:
The information is from an email of July 6, 2017 from Christy Utley of Spyderco in response to my questions.
I also received inderect conformation of this. By the way "our favorite pharmacy" sells them for $215. Mine is on it's way to me. I am running out of band-aids. So I needed refill. Two birds with one stone.

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

bh49 wrote:I also received inderect conformation of this. By the way "our favorite pharmacy" sells them for $215. Mine is on it's way to me. I am running out of band-aids. So I needed refill. Two birds with one stone.
I thought he went out of business. I guess I need to start checking his site again.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

bh49 wrote:
RamZar wrote:
bh49 wrote:
I also received inderect conformation of this. By the way "our favorite pharmacy" sells them for $215. Mine is on it's way to me. I am running out of band-aids. So I needed refill. Two birds with one stone.
$215.97 (40% off MSRP) is the price to pay for this. New Graham Knives still has 3 left in stock.