NFL 2023-2024 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sometimes I think humanity is going down the crapper, and then someone provides us with a gem like that and restores my faith! :rofl
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:50 am
Sometimes I think humanity is going down the crapper, and then someone provides us with a gem like that and restores my faith! :rofl
🤓
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

LOL!!! :grin-squint Alice Tom Brady, Carol Tom Brady, and Cindy Tom Brady are just hilarious!
- Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:52 am
LOL!!! :grin-squint Alice Tom Brady, Carol Tom Brady, and Cindy Tom Brady are just hilarious!
😆....Cindy.....good gracious 😆 🤣 😂
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Tom must have channeled his inner Cindy for some of his games because that is a death stare! :grin-squint
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:11 am
Tom must have channeled his inner Cindy for some of his games because that is a death stare! :grin-squint
😆 sounds about right!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Not at all claiming to be a prophet or anything close to it. But I did have a serious hunch in my previous post that Josh McDaniels was about to be shown the door and I said the same thing about his GM too. Well his firing happened sooner than I thought it would and the GM went out the door right behind him.

What Mark Davis could do to redeem himself and make the locker room happy at the same time would be to correct the mistake that he made when he dismissed Rich Bisaccia >> who by the way did guide the Raiders to the first Post Season appearance that they had in quite some time.

The players loved Bisaccia and really tried to play hard for him. Heck I bet they could get Rich Bisaccia back for a small percentage of what he was paying McDaniels and Gruden too for that matter. At least give him a one or two year contract to show what he could do. Personally I thought the guy did a great job considering the dumpster fire left to him after the Gruden debacle. I bet Mark Davis would be loved by the fans and players both if the Raiders would take the plunge and rehire Rich Bisaccia>> Mark Davis could literally redeem himself with the fans and the team by doing so. Because at this point I seriously doubt if any other top notch coach would touch his HC job with a 100 foot pole with everything that has transpired of late. But I bet Rich Bisaccia or Eric Bieniemy either one would really re-ignite that team. Something to think about.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I’ve been vocal about how much I hate that Amazon has exclusive broadcast rights to Thursday Night Football but for the first time I did more than just press play and found the “TNF Prime Vision with Next Gen Stats” broadcast and I love it…

I hate to give amazon credit for doing something good but this is awesome! It’s a live all 22 broadcast and makes watching the game so much more engaging. I love being able to get a full read of the coverage being played by the defense. I genuinely wish cable broadcasts had this option because I wouldn't watch football any other way!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

****, this is quite embarrassing as a Steelers fan
Trailing Tennessee in the 4th qtr...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hope Pittsburgh been practicing the brotherly shove....
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

How many times is Mahomes going to throw an incompletion, throw his hands up, and immediately turn to the refs to cry for a PI call…? I’ve never seen someone anticipate and expect the refs to bail them out as much as Mahomes does. 🤮

Two and a half minutes left in first half… there genuinely is no point watching the second half of this game. We all know who has to win this game. I hate how obvious they make it these days. 🤷‍♂️

Granted, neither one of these teams has beat a good team this year, so it’s difficult to accurately gauge what to expect but I promise you, they told us who is going to win in the first quarter. I’d love to be wrong but…

At least theres still a full slate of non 2024 Superbowl winners playing games after this one! :party-face I should really just be grateful and stfu though because they don't have to play these games after all!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:31 am
How many times is Mahomes going to throw an incompletion, throw his hands up, and immediately turn to the refs to cry for a PI call…? I’ve never seen someone anticipate and expect the refs to bail them out as much as Mahomes does. 🤮

Two and a half minutes left in first half… there genuinely is no point watching the second half of this game. We all know who has to win this game. I hate how obvious they make it these days. 🤷‍♂️

Granted, neither one of these teams has beat a good team this year, so it’s difficult to accurately gauge what to expect but I promise you, they told us who is going to win in the first quarter. I’d love to be wrong but…

At least theres still a full slate of non 2024 Superbowl winners playing games after this one! :party-face I should really just be grateful and stfu though because they don't have to play these games after all!
😆.....noooo......it's all good!
Keep on keepin on 😃
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I was even excited for this game but that excitement turned into frustration much too quickly!

Also, even though I said there’s no point watching the second half… I haven't turn the game off! :grin-squint :grin-squint

I’m actually shocked to see this one back at a one score game too. I was expecting a total one sided blowout after that first half! 🤦‍♂️

If the Patriots can beat the Commanders today, that will make up for the first half of this Germany game. :cheap-sunglasses
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Ok… I was overreacting. Big time! But I still think the first game ever in Germany was a bit a of a letdown. The first half was just weird.

I not too optimistic that the Patriots vs Colts in Germany next week will be all that exciting but this Patriots vs Commanders game has actually been pretty good so far.

This is my first time seeing Sam Howell play a full game and he’s been impressive. He’s confident in the pocket and delivers some absolute darts to his receivers. He seems pretty good at finding a way to extend plays too. I think he could be a really good QB the more he develops.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SG89 in the house?
Philly & Dallas are at it...
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yet I get slapped with the Giants/Raiders, who now both teams have backup quarterbacks in, Daniel Jones is out again after just one quarter being back. I can't believe I get this mess over that game.

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:13 pm
Yet I get slapped with the Giants/Raiders, who now both teams have backup quarterbacks in, Daniel Jones is out again after just one quarter being back. I can't believe I get this mess over that game.
Oh man.....
Did Daniel get benched or get injured?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Injured. His knee bent awkwardly and went down, the next play on a 3 step drop his knee just buckled on him

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:31 pm
Injured. His knee bent awkwardly and went down, the next play on a 3 step drop his knee just buckled on him
Oh man!!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well boys, poor ole Dak just ain't got it....
I really and truly believed this would be the season for the Cowboys
Great Head Coach, O-Line, Defense, and what I thought a QB that would finally have his season...
Oh well....