Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi or what?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

What is your favorite soft drink?

Dr. Pepper
24%
Coca Cola
14%
Pepsi
3%
Double Cola
No votes
Royal Crown
No votes
Orange Crush
No votes
Grape Crush
3%
Mountain Dew
5%
Cream Soda
11%
Other
41%

Total votes: 37

Bloke

Re: Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi or what?

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:Coke float.
No way Doc! :)

Australians would never call ice cream floating in soft drink a float! That would be plain silly! Ah, hahaha! :rolleyes:

Lemonade, ice cream and lime syrup was called a Lime Spider, not bad but not my favourite.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Donut

Post by Donut »

It depends on what I plan on eating with it.

It's tough to beat Cola with Pizza (except for beer).
I drank some Dr. Pepper while eating some cookies today.
Cherry Cola is great with Popcorn.
Mt Dew is good for a pick-me-up. I don't think it pairs with much food easily.

I usually drink Diet Soda, so I think I favor Coke over Pepsi because Diet Pepsi doesn't taste that great to me, but I like Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Mt. Dew.

I drink some Ginger Ale or Cream soda when it's the middle of the night and I get a low blood sugar.

I've been trying to find a good solution to this problem: Everyone knows Milk and cookies go great together, but what soda is best with cookies? Maybe cream soda or root beer, but the vending machine I buy from doesn't carry cream soda or root beer.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Root Beer is my favorite, followed closely by Coke in a bottle.

While I was in Greece I had a Coca Cola and it was incredible, if you compare the labels they use 1/3 the sugar we use in the USA in a can of Coke. So instead of tasting like you are drinking syrup it tastes like cola. So if you are listening Coca Cola, please offer a non-diet, reduced sugar Coca Cola in the Unite States!!!!!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Ferris Wheels wrote:Root Beer is my favorite, followed closely by Coke in a bottle.

While I was in Greece I had a Coca Cola and it was incredible, if you compare the labels they use 1/3 the sugar we use in the USA in a can of Coke. So instead of tasting like you are drinking syrup it tastes like cola. So if you are listening Coca Cola, please offer a non-diet, reduced sugar Coca Cola in the Unite States!!!!!
In Texas they sell Coca-Cola made in Mexico and it uses cane sugar and it is delicious. They also used to sell Dublin Dr pepper which also used cane sugar until they shut the Dublin plant down.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I don't generally drink a ton of soda, or at least a lot less than when I was younger. I mostly do water and juice these days. That said, I do certainly enjoy a Dr. Pepper, cream soda, and black cherry every now and then.
Evil D wrote:Lots of root beer peeps in here. What are everyone's favorite brands?
When I was a teen, I was on a quest for the best root beer. For a little while, Snapple made a root beer that was clear and was my favorite. It was so long ago, however, that I can't really say how it compares. But a few years back, I decided to do a root beer blog (https://kyledrinksrootbeer.blogspot.com/) as I attempted to find the best root beer. I'm still slowly adding to it and am just a couple root beers short of 100.

I agree that Hank's makes a great root beer. Some of my other favorites are: Henry Weinhard's, River City, St. John Brewers, and Americana. After drinking so many root beers over the years, I will admit that I do suffer a little from root beer fatigue.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Ferris Wheels wrote:Root Beer is my favorite, followed closely by Coke in a bottle.

In Texas they sell Coca-Cola made in Mexico and it uses cane sugar and it is delicious. They also used to sell Dublin Dr pepper which also used cane sugar until they shut the Dublin plant down.

I am familiar with the Coca-Cola from Mexico. We can buy it by the case up here at Costco in the Pacific Northwest, still have a dozen or so bottles sitting out in the garage fridge mixed in with the beer, mead, homebrew and other adult beverages. I also completely agree that it is delicious, most certainly due to using cane sugar instead of corn syrup.