Spyderco Factory Outlet Seconds Sale!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BTG

Re: Spyderco Factory Outlet Seconds Sale!

Post by BTG »

freebird610 wrote:It would be great if they somehow made them available online for those of us that live all the way across the county.
That had been brought up before, but since its seconds, and kind of an as is no return policy...it would be impossible to show the thousands of knives with any clue as to what the defect or imperfection could be.... along with a few other huge obstacles.
Cody_G93

Post by Cody_G93 »

Got a question for the guys who camped out over night. What time does the line start getting bigger? I got there last year a little after 6 and still waited about 1.5-2 hours to get in once the sale started. I think I'm getting a hotel room in the area the night before so I can get in line earlier this year.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I missed last year's sale, but the one before there were probably a hundred people in line by 8:00 p.m. Friday evening. By midnight, the line was around the corner and halfway down the end of the building.
Cody_G93

Post by Cody_G93 »

Must have got lucky with the cold weather last year. I got there around 6 and they had opened up the main doors so we could get out of the cold, I just barely made it inside the building. Hopefully it's like that again this year, I don't mind the cold if that means the line is shorter haha.
zacmangray

Post by zacmangray »

I was really hoping to make it to the sale this year, I was looking forward to spending the night in the parking lot. But it looks like it will be next year. See you all there. Next year.
:spyder: LWManix2s110v,MuleTeamCPM4V,Dragonfly,
DLCorangePM2XHP,PurpleDragonfly,PurpleDelica,BBCEDelica,Caly3,BBManix2,DBs110vManix2 :spyder:
zacmangray

Post by zacmangray »

And to those who do make it. Have a great time! And stock up! It should be a lot of fun.
:spyder: LWManix2s110v,MuleTeamCPM4V,Dragonfly,
DLCorangePM2XHP,PurpleDragonfly,PurpleDelica,BBCEDelica,Caly3,BBManix2,DBs110vManix2 :spyder:
EDC Honeybee

Post by EDC Honeybee »

Cody_G93 wrote:Must have got lucky with the cold weather last year. I got there around 6 and they had opened up the main doors so we could get out of the cold, I just barely made it inside the building. Hopefully it's like that again this year, I don't mind the cold if that means the line is shorter haha.
You and I must have been standing there together. There was a group of 6 or 8 of us that barely made it in, so we were between the two sets of doors. Made the wait a lot more tolerable.
Cody_G93

Post by Cody_G93 »

EDC Honeybee wrote:
Cody_G93 wrote:Must have got lucky with the cold weather last year. I got there around 6 and they had opened up the main doors so we could get out of the cold, I just barely made it inside the building. Hopefully it's like that again this year, I don't mind the cold if that means the line is shorter haha.
You and I must have been standing there together. There was a group of 6 or 8 of us that barely made it in, so we were between the two sets of doors. Made the wait a lot more tolerable.
Yeah I probably was standing by you, I was in between the two doors. Are you going this year?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Cody_G93 wrote:Got a question for the guys who camped out over night. What time does the line start getting bigger? I got there last year a little after 6 and still waited about 1.5-2 hours to get in once the sale started. I think I'm getting a hotel room in the area the night before so I can get in line earlier this year.
If I remember right, the line was pretty short until around 5 or 6 pm. Once people got off work for the weekend and made their way over, the line grew a bit faster.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
mb1

Post by mb1 »

25 knife limit! :eek: That's pretty funny. And you know they made rule because it was needed. Wowz...
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Yeah, there are always a bunch of dealers/flippers/resellers there stocking up to flood eBay and flea markets. Without that limit, they'd buy hundreds of knives each.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Would someone who is going to this sale PLEASE PM me.. I would like to get a HAP40 Delica PLEASE if they have one there.. Thanks.. John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Not going to make it, but it'll be fun to read about it again this year. Have fun everybody !!
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
laylow

Post by laylow »

I want go to, but I can't get there until morning of. Think I'll still be able to get in?
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

You'll be able to get in. The sale pretty much runs all day and the line really starts to die down around lunch time. All of the super rare stuff will more than likely be gone by then, but there will still be plenty of nice stuff to sort through. You should come, it's a lot of fun and It's really special that Spyderco does this for us.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

When I went 2 years ago, I was in the first 5 people in. I did my shopping and went to grab lunch. After lunch, I realized I left my jacket in Spyderco's lobby, so went back an hour before the sale ended. Since I was there, I thought I'd look around again and I found a blue anodized fluted Ti Military. I also saw a blue G-10 Sage 3 and a few other scarcer knives. Point is, they put out new stock throughout the day, so while the first groups might get the very best pick of the initial supply, there are still rare knives to be found later on in the day as Spyderco restocks the tables.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
laylow

Post by laylow »

ShaneInDenver wrote:You'll be able to get in. The sale pretty much runs all day and the line really starts to die down around lunch time. All of the super rare stuff will more than likely be gone by then, but there will still be plenty of nice stuff to sort through. You should come, it's a lot of fun and It's really special that Spyderco does this for us.
Then I will be there. Excellent, thanks for the info.
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

laylow wrote:
ShaneInDenver wrote:You'll be able to get in. The sale pretty much runs all day and the line really starts to die down around lunch time. All of the super rare stuff will more than likely be gone by then, but there will still be plenty of nice stuff to sort through. You should come, it's a lot of fun and It's really special that Spyderco does this for us.
Then I will be there. Excellent, thanks for the info.
I'm glad to hear that. Is this your first factory seconds sale? If so, you're in for a treat!
laylow

Post by laylow »

Yep, it sure is.
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

Will they be offering other services such as blade sharpening while this is going on?