Be careful, fake military launched

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
chooney

Post by chooney »

TomAiello wrote:Can anyone tell me if this is a real one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181094578863?ss ... 1438.l2649

Any guidance appreciated.
It is an outdoors store with very high feedback and the full range of Spyderco products (including some that are not made by Chinese fakers). So there is no reason to suspect it is fake.

The guys you need to be suspicious of are small-time sellers who appear to ONLY have commonly faked knives. Not big dealers who have lots of brands and models.

For example, look at the seller linked by Sile86 above. Just some random guy, with only 98 feedback, and if you look at his completed listings, pretty much ALL his sales are commonly faked knives. Lots and lots of Spyderco Military models, some Microtech knives (commonly faked), some Chris Reeve knives (commonly faked). Pretty much every knife he has sold are the ones that are notorious for being faked - that should set off alarm bells in your head.

He bought Microtech knives for $30 (I know the exact seller he got them from because he used the same photos in his ebay advert) and then sold them for $340. He has literally made thousands of dollars profit by selling some fake Military models and Microtech models. I hope Spyderco deal with this crook he gets thrown in jail because there is NO way he is accidentally selling fakes, it is deliberate criminality.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

an homage or a design copy is questionable at best, but to outright counterfeit, including logos and names, is simply, black and white, JUST WRONG!!!!
i'm sorry but i don't wish the manufacturers or retailers of these any good at all.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

TomAiello wrote:Can anyone tell me if this is a real one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181094578863?ss ... 1438.l2649

Any guidance appreciated.
I have bought a few Spydercos from United Outdoors and I have been happy with my purchases. A pink Native, a Breeden Rescue, a Superleaf, and I think my Endura came from them. They are a good seller.
makkie

Post by makkie »

Hi.
New to the forum.I just bought a spyderco military from ebay. Their was a box pictured earlier in this thread.Mine has the exact same numbers under the barcode.EVery number on my box is the same as that box.The knife itself looks real enough.Any way I can tell if it's a fake ? It weighs 143 grams which is 23 grams more than the spyderco specs state.I could post pix if needed.
Thanks