Spyderco's next "it" Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Which Knife?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Szabo
26%
Ulize
12%
Techo
47%
Chaperal
15%

Total votes: 73

C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

SOUTHARD :D
That will definitely be my "it" knife,out of all the pics that Mr. Blonde took for us...
I really hope it's goin to be regular production instead of sprint, because I want 1 so freaking BAD!!!
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
Wildernest Survivor

Post by Wildernest Survivor »

I am ever so patiently waiting for the Szabo. It was love at first sight when I saw the trademark Szabo-styled blade after Amsterdam. Being a knife user more than a knife collector, I very rarely get interested in - let alone plan to buy - a knife on looks alone, but the new Szabo folder is simply irresistible. :D
This is going to be a hard four months of wait... :(

(I am also waiting on pins-and-needles for the new Bark River Bravo III in CPM-3V, but with the release date near the end of the year, it will miss out on the 2012 camping season up here in New England.)
"Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vince Aut Morire

jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I voted Chaparral a few days ago. After thinking about it some more I don't think there is an "it" knife in my future. I think I already own my "it" knife. I just don't know which one it is. My "it" knife would need to be chosen from the following list.

Gayle Bradley
Sage4
Sage1
Manix2
Chaparral (CF) I included this because of how much I like it. But it would be the first to go out of the list if I could only carry/own one knife. It's too small to be the only knife I own.

I've owned and used enough knives that I believe I know what suits me and the above list suits me. The next question would be which to keep if I could only have one. I need more coffee before I ask my brain to think that hard. :)

Now, if the next "if" knife is just that "next" meaning a knife I/we don't already own I'll stick with the Chaparral Stealth. I hope to really love that knife. Won't know for sure till I hold one of course. The grip is the only thing that worries me. Ti may be a little slick.

Jack
JD Spydo

Szabo got my vote

Post by JD Spydo »

I voted for the Szabo :cool: I have been a long time admirer of many of Laci Szabo's great blade designs. His website is just awesome to cruise through because he always has something really nice on the horizon.

His UUK Lightning has always been one of my very favorite tactical designs. His stuff is always very functional as well as looking great.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

jackknifeh wrote:I voted Chaparral a few days ago. After thinking about it some more I don't think there is an "it" knife in my future. I think I already own my "it" knife. I just don't know which one it is. My "it" knife would need to be chosen from the following list...................(dbcad's editing:rolleyes :)

Gayle Bradley
Blue Stretch
PPT
Urban
D'Fly ZDP
Superleaf
And there are a few more :D ........(back to Jack)

I've owned and used enough knives that I believe I know what suits me and the above list suits me.
Jack
Jack expressed some of the same sentiments I feel. I would love to check out some of these new models, but what I have are already the "it" for me.

Enjoy the exploring :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

If by "it" you mean as hot as a Para 2 or Caly 3.5 or the Caly 3 before it or the original Paramilitary or any of those knives that have been around a good long while and had sprint runs and mass appeal, then i really don't think any of the knives listed are going to be "it". I see the knives listed as short lived, almost specialty type models. The only one in there i see having a long life is probably the Chaparral because it's so much like the Sages and seems to be a hit from the start, and will likely get sprint runs. The rest are gonna go down with your Centofante's and Starmates and ATR's and Barongs and Captains and Dodo's and Guntings and all those other cool but eclectic knives that only appeal to a specific buying market. The "it" knives are knives that sell like crazy because everyone wants and uses them (not just us crazy forum folk but also John Q. Knivebuyer).
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I agree with you except for the Southard...I think it will find a permanent place in the lineup.
Evil D wrote:If buy "it" you mean as hot as a Para 2 or Caly 3.5 or the Caly 3 before it or the original Paramilitary or any of those knives that have been around a good long while and had sprint runs and mass appeal, then i really don't think any of the knives listed are going to be "it". I see the knives listed as short lived, almost specialty type models. The only one in there i see having a long life is probably the Chaparral because it's so much like the Sages and seems to be a hit from the start, and will likely get sprint runs. The rest are gonna go down with your Centofante's and Starmates and ATR's and Barongs and Captains and Dodo's and Guntings and all those other cool but eclectic knives that only appeal to a specific buying market. The "it" knives are knives that sell like crazy because everyone wants and uses them (not just us crazy forum folk but also John Q. Knivebuyer).
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

PatCatMan wrote:Southard Flipper
I'm ready for three of these in 204P; two for my sons and one for me. In Sal's video, the G10 "stop" on the lock blade looks awfully cheap, however. Gotta do something classier than that.
Sonny
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Definitely the Southard and Tuff. (Especially the Tuff. That knife has been in the works for a looooong time now. :) )
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
austinguy23

Post by austinguy23 »

The Tuff. I have literally dreamt about that knife twice in the past few weeks.
Art_vandeley

Post by Art_vandeley »

Southard as well. Flippers are very popular, and Spyderco is very popular as well.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Azwaiian wrote:Toss up between the Szabo and the Tuff, both knives I really want!
Agree with Azwaiian. Both look special. May need to crack open the piggy
bank, but I can't look at a picture of either one without reachin' for
that pig.
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

I voted for the Szabo, which assures that the next "it" knife will be something else, maybe the tuff. I thought the junior and the des horn were going to be big, and didn't think much of the para 2 or manix 2, which were big. I think that it comes down to price point as much as style. If the Szabo and Tuff are selling for $200+ chances are that the next "it" knife will be something else.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

HIJACK ALERT!!!!

Speaking of new knives coming out, does anyone have any info on the Lum tanto blade?
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

I'm with the folks saying the "Tuff" will be it. I'd definitely have to handle one in person before I bought one. Then, I'd buy one and have fun with it for a few weeks and then box it like I did my Para 2 and go right back to my Millie ;) LOL
dialex

Post by dialex »

The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is...
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Very wise you are, Yo-dialex...