Whats your favorite "Little big knife"

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

what is your favorite spyderco "little big knife"

Ladybug
13%
Dragonfly
20%
Lava
21%
"S"
1%
microdyad
5%
Cricket
19%
Spin
2%
Kopa
7%
Urban
7%
Kiwi
5%

Total votes: 128

Netsquash

Post by Netsquash »

dd61999 wrote:I am surprised how well the lava and cricket is doing in the polls. I thought the ladybug would have been the overwhelming leader
I'm surprised the Dragonfly is doing so well. To me it seems under rated. It is my personal pic but I wasn't sure if anybody else would agree.
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

I voted Kiwi, but could easily have picked Cricket or Kopa.
Spyderco's LBKs are the best. :spyder:
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
Blue72

Post by Blue72 »

Netsquash wrote:I'm surprised the Dragonfly is doing so well. To me it seems under rated. It is my personal pic but I wasn't sure if anybody else would agree.
I completely agree with you except I picked the lava because it feels like a Dragonfly that is melted to conform to your hand.
Netsquash

Post by Netsquash »

dd61999 wrote:I completely agree with you except I picked the lava because it feels like a Dragonfly that is melted to conform to your hand.

Back when I was picking a small EDC it was a toss up between the Dragonfly and the Lava for me. I really wanted the Lava because it seemed like it had really nice ergonomics. I wanted a stainless steel handle so that was not the issue. The only issue for me when it came down to it was:

- The Dragonfly had 10mm more blade
- The SS Dragonfly was $55 cheaper at the time
- I was ordering online and was worried if the Lava didn't fit my hand I would hate it, while I knew the Dragonfly would not have the same issues
-The Lava has jimping, the Dragonfly doesn't

I wanted the jimping and the nice ergos of the Lava, but could not justify the $55 cost difference with the risk of it not fitting my hand (even if it did fit the cost was still a huge factor) I also wanted the extra 10mm. I ended up picking the Dragonfly and I haven't really regretted it yet.

The 10mm seem more important to me now that I am using the knife. The more point tip on the Dragonfly also serves me well. I am pleased with my pick.

(Now all I need it a tip down clip that lets the Dragonfly ride lower in my pocket and some jimping and I think I have my ideal small EDC)

Edit: Even with the closing out price of the Lava at about the same cost as the SS Dragonfly I would still pick the Dragonfly after carrying it for a while. Although if I hadn't yet carried the Dragonfly I think I would have picked the Lava.
bigcat

Post by bigcat »

From your list.....CRICKET.

Bigcat
"The Power that made the body, Heals the body."
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

voted for the ladybug, i think its everyones easy carry Spyderco
Sam Vimes

Post by Sam Vimes »

RIOT wrote:i think its everyones easy carry Spyderco
I can't speak for anyone else but it's not mine. ;) The lock makes it technically illegal to carry without good reason in the UK. If I had to carry one of the smaller Spydies it would be the Jester for me. ;)
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Sam Vimes wrote:I can't speak for anyone else but it's not mine. ;) The lock makes it technically illegal to carry without good reason in the UK. If I had to carry one of the smaller Spydies it would be the Jester for me. ;)
you should try out that little little bug then for a key chain, btw i have some SS jester's for back up keychains when i cant get anymore SS ladybug's, that would be my 1st choice, the jester
Sam Vimes

Post by Sam Vimes »

RIOT wrote:you should try out that little little bug then for a key chain
I already have one. ;) :D
alanb

Post by alanb »

Here's a vote for the Navigator. Small blade that cuts way, way beyond its size. Very easy to carry. Easy to sharpen. Incredible knife, and an incredible value.

alanb
AH2525

Post by AH2525 »

While we're on "Disco" Spydies....how about the co-pilot. It fits perfectly in a watch pocket. I work in an office and it's my EDC.
Spydergirl

Post by Spydergirl »

I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned yet but I really love the poliwog. Since it's not on the list I was going to vote for the ladybug because it comes in purple but I went with the lava because it was the first knife I bought for my boyfriend! :rolleyes:
"Life's like a movie / Write your own ending." - The Muppets
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

I know I cant do this, but Im going to anyway. I have to change my vote from Spin to Dragonfly. I originally put the Spin since it is so different and a perfect niche use as my money clip, but I use the Dragonfly all the time. I never get tired of the design and utility of the blade. So, -1 for Spin and +1 for D'fly...I cant wait for the rumored G10 version, though that sounds like more than a year away.
brandonreed2008

Post by brandonreed2008 »

Pneumothorax wrote:I cant wait for the rumored G10 version, though that sounds like more than a year away.
I could have swore it was this year :confused:

+1 for Dragonfly
War is mostly waiting.
alexcue

Post by alexcue »

Dragonfly. Personally own it and love it's feel. It's my dressy day EDC to office.
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

MountainManJim wrote:I am currently in love with the Micro Dyad's PE blade. It's like a scalpel. Plus the Rescue like SE is also really nice. And, it's such a pretty knife.

I realize the survey is for current production knives but, the LBK that is my favorite is actually the Meerkat. Great ergos and fast to close once you know how. Wire clip, etc. I love it.

So, you didn’t hear it from me but, I hear there might be a sprint run on the Meerkat coming down the pike. I think we might need a survey to help Spyderco decide on the FRN color. Camo green would do it for me.

Jim

what about a darker grey like on the goddard? that would be something kinda different.