Black Friday Deals

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Skywalker

Re: Black Friday Deals

Post by Skywalker »

Hah, your Native Chief was next on my list before I cut myself off
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Finally. USPS said it was shipped Nov 28.
USPS predicted it would arrive Dec 1.
It arrived today Dec 8.

The Yojimbo complements the Kimber Micro 9
in a De Santis AIWB holster
for a purposeful concealed carry combination.
Or just to open my mail.

And I like the smooth scales.
They won't tear up my jeans.
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

My Black Friday order from KC is finally out for delivery today. Fingers crossed it doesn't get delayed.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Mad Mac wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:41 pm

The Yojimbo complements the Kimber Micro 9
in a De Santis AIWB holster
for a purposeful concealed carry combination.
Or just to open my mail.

Sweet combo. I almost went for that one. I have the tan and dlc version from DLT. Awesome blade.
MRj “Weak things break!”
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Finally got my order in from Knife Center. The Tenaciouses were only $36 ea, with the exception of the S35, which I just couldn’t pass up. Only one for me - the rest are gifts.

Also, shout out to Knife Center for their excellent, non-description packaging.

While some other large knife retailers are practically asking folks to steal your knives, Knife Center is obscuring their package contents as much as humanly possible. In addition, they use a great box - not difficult to open per se, but very secure.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

Nice haul.👍🏻
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Very nice! That's a great 's work!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

kennethsime wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:35 pm

Finally got my order in from Knife Center. The Tenaciouses were only $36 ea, with the exception of the S35, which I just couldn’t pass up. Only one for me - the rest are gifts.

While some other large knife retailers are practically asking folks to steal your knives, Knife Center is obscuring their package contents as much as humanly possible. In addition, they use a great box - not difficult to open per se, but very secure.
I avoided all the Black Friday emails but I would've bought the Tenacious LW. Most likely the S35VN version depending on price. Heck I might I might still buy one at regular price lol
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:02 pm
kennethsime wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:35 pm

I avoided all the Black Friday emails but I would've bought the Tenacious LW. Most likely the S35VN version depending on price. Heck I might I might still buy one at regular price lol
The S35VN version was about $85. I ended up doing a scale swap with the satin OD Green Tenacious, and this is the knife I’ll keep. Pics tomorrow!

JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

National Knives, who is on the dealer list, has several good deals in the sales section. Make an account first, then login for best prices.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Erich

Post by Erich »

Someone bought me a Bradley Bowie for Christmas from KSF. I skinned a deer with it this afternoon. It is a very nice knife, very comfortable in the hand. I really like it.

I myself used the MAP holiday as an opportunity to get a bunch of Spydercos. I will probably not financially recover from this but it was too good of a window of opportunity to pass up.