Bigger Dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: Bigger Dragonfly

Post by Evil D »

Paraguy wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:49 am
How many of these threads have there been?

So far it seems like one less than it'll take to make it happen.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:07 am

That is a good point. The Calypso Jr. is definitely the larger Dragonfly many seem to be asking for. Perhaps a Sprint Run is in order?

I would agree completely with this but the one Dfly trait that's missing is that little two finger half moon behind the choil that your middle and ring fingers lock into. Otherwise I think the reason we may never see this idea is because Spyderco sorta did answer the question already in their own way. This one even has the spine swedge to match. I'll have to dig out my Calypso Jr and compare them.
~David
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

I'm in!

ASF
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:53 am
Here's my crude sketch. The ergonomics are as much the same as they can be, I only added a bit of length to the handle and the blade at the very ends. The shape of the butt of the handle and tip of the blade are even the same exact profile as the original.

What? No serrations? What have you done with Evil D?
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

kodai78 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:40 pm
Evil D wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:53 am
Here's my crude sketch. The ergonomics are as much the same as they can be, I only added a bit of length to the handle and the blade at the very ends. The shape of the butt of the handle and tip of the blade are even the same exact profile as the original.

What? No serrations? What have you done with Evil D?

I think that sketch predates my obsession with SE :O
~David
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:25 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:07 am

That is a good point. The Calypso Jr. is definitely the larger Dragonfly many seem to be asking for. Perhaps a Sprint Run is in order?

I would agree completely with this but the one Dfly trait that's missing is that little two finger half moon behind the choil that your middle and ring fingers lock into. Otherwise I think the reason we may never see this idea is because Spyderco sorta did answer the question already in their own way. This one even has the spine swedge to match. I'll have to dig out my Calypso Jr and compare them.
After I recover from buying that guitar, I am going to have to hunt one of these down. How did it escape me? I remember the Sprint Run from three or four years ago (I think), but I was unable to lay my hands on one of them. Still, long before that I should have snatch one of these up.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050