SHOT Show 2016 Videos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RamZar

Re: SHOT Show 2016 Videos

Post by RamZar »

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Compression Lock Sage 5! More EDC friendly version of the Rubicon!

Oh man, thank you RamZar. I'm liking the Pattada, and I'm really warming up to the Myrtle.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The Sage 5 and Ouroboros look awesome!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Whelp, looks like my wallet will be empty this year too, I see at least 4 that are must haves for me, what a great line up. Thanks posting up the video RamZar
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Spyderco certainly listens to their customers. Firstly, giving people a choice between a Mantra and Mantra 2. Secondly, the "issues" with the original Rubicon seem to be addressed with the update. The "issues" are: too thick, sharp edges on backspacer and the price.

That Sage 5 is a must with CF and Compression Lock! Great addition to the locking mechanism tribute series.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

I'm gonna be all over the compression lock Sage 5!
At my age time moves like a movie in fast forward, so it won't be long before it arrives...
Bwahahaha!!!
paladin

Post by paladin »

I say Potato, you say Pattada
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

paladin wrote:I say Potato, you say Pattada
Do you like the Pattada Paladin? Thats actually one of the ones on list to get, especially after seeing it in hand. I really didnt think I would like that one.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

there are some really great knives in there. I wish Eric would have shown the Nirvana that was sitting next to him. But that's ok.

The Rubicon is interesting. I see what they are going for. It sure looks like a prototype of the original, dumbed down. Or perhaps just more utilitarian.

The 40th Aniversary Native is much more beautiful to behold than I expected. Anyone else notice the purple engraving? Nice touch. Linerless? I keep saying this, but it might just be my first native!

My favourite was probably the ouroboros. Anyone catch what steel it uses and where it's made?

Finally more compression locks! Thank you Spyderco! Oh and nice job Eric.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

I'm in for the sage 5 and the Ouroboros (sp?).

I wanted to jump at the rubicon, but then I remembered I already have a Domino. Not sure if the Rubicon has a spot?
swigert

Post by swigert »

My favorite line: "uhhhh the people online and on the forums call it....blurple." HAHAHAHA
swigert

Post by swigert »

Rubicon and sage are must haves. Then the ouronoros or however it's spelled. Maybe a Patatta.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:there are some really great knives in there. I wish Eric would have shown the Nirvana that was sitting next to him. But that's ok.

The Rubicon is interesting. I see what they are going for. It sure looks like a prototype of the original, dumbed down. Or perhaps just more utilitarian.

The 40th Aniversary Native is much more beautiful to behold than I expected. Anyone else notice the purple engraving? Nice touch. Linerless? I keep saying this, but it might just be my first native!

My favourite was probably the ouroboros. Anyone catch what steel it uses and where it's made?

Finally more compression locks! Thank you Spyderco! Oh and nice job Eric.
Yes, the Ouroboros is a MUST have, I didn't even know about that one. I love the blade shape and the way it fit the hand, did you see how that blade locks into the hand when gripped and a compression lock to boot.

Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

For me the Sage 5, Vrango and Mantra are already on the shopping list :)
The/a "genuine" Pattada is actually much nicer looking in my opinion, but maybe. Rubicon.. on the fence about that one.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

i will whore and borrow for the ouroboros. Im really hoping the yo2 will get the blurple treatment. The vrango did zero for me in pictures, but i really liked it in the vid. And i might overcome a hurdle for the myrtle: recurves have been off my list because i use a gatco sharpener-going to have to figure out a nobrainer solution. Also: MmmmmMamba.
I think its a little lame they did their own lock on the sage. But lame means blade in french so its all bien.
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Looking forward to the Sage 5 and the new Rubicon...
The Pattada looks nice, and I'll have to get a Blurple Yojimbo.
Oh no! my poor wallet... :o
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Cheddarnut wrote: But lame means blade in french so its all bien.
Lmao!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Spydergirl88 wrote:The Sage 5 and Ouroboros look awesome!
Yes indeed-ee these two are now on my list!!!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Sage 5 and Ouroborous look great and the Nirvana is just.....Nirvana, lol. Not sure about the new Rubicon, seems like they have removed some of the features that made it look cool. Lil Lum is nice little folder.

Scroll forward to about 2:20mins for the good stuff in this one :)

https://youtu.be/TDQ8AywYOFM
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
paladin

Post by paladin »

farnorthdan wrote: Do you like the Pattada Paladin? Thats actually one of the ones on list to get, especially after seeing it in hand. I really didnt think I would like that one.
When buying a knife, I'm a choil guy first & foremost.

If a knife doesn't have a choil then it must appeal to me aesthetically.

So, to answer you question...Yes, I like the Pattada since it ticks the 2nd qualifier.