Post your Spyderco scar

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
npad69

Re: Post your Spyderco scar

Post by npad69 »

almost a year ago, dropped it on my right lower thigh while breaking in my new factory sharp pacific salt by wrist flicking with wet-slippery hands.
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

I don't have any Spyderco scars.

each time i have cut myself with a spyderco (so far) it has been fairly shallow, and the knife has been sharp enough it has left a nice clean cut that healed properly.

my Scars are (in chronological order)

1. top edge of my right hand, near the base of my index finger - kitchen knife, age 10ish.

2. inside of right thumb, on the upper part (stanley knife, age 14, knife slipped off ruler i was cutting against)

3. left foot - surgery at age 15

4. middle finger of left hand, near the nail (flipping a Leatherman Sideclip open like a butterfly knife, blade opened a bit and i ran my finger down the handle, scissoring it between the handle and blade - age 18)

5. Left Index Finger, first knuckle (broken window, glass cutter slipped when removing remaining glass - peeled the top of the knuckle open - age 20ish)

Last good spyderco cut i remember was the Paramillie i won here, in a new years resolution competition - within a minute of taking it out of the box i ran my thumb down the standard "scary sharp" factory SE edge, trying to open and close it one handed (first Compression Lock i had handled)

Last good cut was when my grip slipped opening a Victorinox Pioneer, and it shut on my little finger - that took ages to heal as i kept bumping it.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

:rolleyes: Post your Spyderco scar? Which one? My most recent one is an inch long scar along my left thumb. It was done by my Caly 3.5 ZDP fixed in the wicked edge.....edge up, point forwards, just finished with stone 600, unforgiven cutting my thumb when I reached over it for something else.....
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Bradley wrote:The worst cut I've gotten from a spydie was given to me as I snatched a freshly sharpened s90v yojimbo 2 off of a previous lover's wrist. Unfortunately I grabbed it by the blade. Sliced me all the way across my palm, required 13 stitches to close it, and I still have nerve damage in my index finger and my pinky. I'd do it again though, people don't realize how sharp these knives can get. If I hadn't grabbed it, it certainly would've been much worse for her than it was for me. The knife was so sharp that there is hardly a scar remaining, good job doc!
Um...was this some sort of domestic?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Bradley wrote:The worst cut I've gotten from a spydie was given to me as I snatched a freshly sharpened s90v yojimbo 2 off of a previous lover's wrist. Unfortunately I grabbed it by the blade. Sliced me all the way across my palm, required 13 stitches to close it, and I still have nerve damage in my index finger and my pinky. I'd do it again though, people don't realize how sharp these knives can get. If I hadn't grabbed it, it certainly would've been much worse for her than it was for me. The knife was so sharp that there is hardly a scar remaining, good job doc!
Um...was this some sort of domestic?
Yeah I got that impression too. Yikes.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb