Why everyone should carry two (at least) knives for EDC

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Why everyone should carry two (at least) knives for EDC

Post by Doc Dan »

I always carry two knives and have for many years. Some of the reasons mentioned are some of my reasons, as well. I will go one more, too. I live in an area where everyone is a NKP. So, I keep a small Leatherman on my keychain that has a 420 knife blade of about 2 inches or a tad less. Because it is a multitool it does not scare people. If I do not have that as a secondary, and even if I do, I often carry an Alox Cadet. It is a tad larger and is still a multitool, and I do not mind scraping things with it or loaning it to my friend who is grilling steaks. I keep my Spydercos out of their reach at all times.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
christopher

Re: Why everyone should carry two (at least) knives for EDC

Post by christopher »

I carry two. One for serious work, A Spydie C172GBLTIP, which is a flip knife and a beauty and an SAK Explorer, for utility tasks. I almost never loan out a knife, I figure if someone needs one he should be carrying their own. If they fail to do that, I'll take on the job and then suggest the obvious.