Help... What is this marking on my Forum Native?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

What you need is a spouse or other loved one who sees the value in selectively copying this number and then placing it in weird places to make you think that you are in some kind of a strange Jim carry movie or have gone insane. Opportunity missed I say.

captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

I try to get my wife interested in my knives... unfortunately she just sigh's and politely listens.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

captnvegtble wrote:I try to get my wife interested in my knives... unfortunately she just sigh's and politely listens.
Haha I know what you mean, sometimes my wife tries to look interested, its the most I can hope for. Actually one knife nut in the family is probably enough.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

DRKBC wrote:Haha I know what you mean, sometimes my wife tries to look interested, its the most I can hope for. Actually one knife nut in the family is probably enough.
True, otherwise it would get too expensive. I even try to buy her knives and she refuses... says her ladybug is enough.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Knife went in the mail today. Sal should have it in a few days.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Maybe Sal will see a different number on it when it gets there! :) Spooky!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

It would be really odd if he saw... say, the number "811", instead of the 118 that's on there.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Or 820... (Or should I say 420 these days, as it is Rocky Mountain high country) ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Blue Possum

Post by Blue Possum »

captnvegtble wrote:It would be really odd if he saw... say, the number "811", instead of the 118 that's on there.
Maybe your reading upside to how it was written on the blade. Maybe it was written as "811"
Blue Possum
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Another example of amazing customer service here and yet another reason to keep buying more Spydies
delphidoc

Post by delphidoc »

To the OP, have you gotten your knife back yet? I'm intereted to know if they told you what caused the marking and what they did to get rid of it.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

delphidoc wrote:To the OP, have you gotten your knife back yet? I'm intereted to know if they told you what caused the marking and what they did to get rid of it.
Thanks for bumping this thread... I keep meaning to give an update, but I've been finishing one job and starting another, so I've been pretty busy. I did get a Forum Native back... whether it was my original one or a replacement I'm not sure. There was no note or explanation, so I keep meaning to bring this thread back up and see if Sal had any new insight. I think the knife I got back was a replacement, however, because it feels and sounds a bit different to me (sounds different when locking). No more mark on the blade, however.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Holland wrote:That's pretty cool, I would just leave it personally
It is so unique, I would have done the same.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Fancier

Post by Fancier »

captnvegtble wrote:I did get a Forum Native back... whether it was my original one or a replacement I'm not sure.
I thought that they sold off all the spares a month or two after the Forum knife was initially offered. Perhaps they snuck into Sal's collection and gave you his?
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

I have had this happen with just one batch of 12C27 knives...
The HT seemed to "fix" the ID marks I had put onto the blades...
A small amount of hand rubbing with 600 grit silicon carbide, and it was gone...forever...
sal

Post by sal »

It was a replacement.

sal
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Thanks Sal and Stuart for the input.