We're back.... Report Issues Here!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

The layout / formatting seems to be much improved. I like how this new version seems to fit my computer screen better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Hey Kristi. I really like the look of the new site. That said, the icons/avatars are missing for me as well. I'm running XP and Firefox.

EDIT

After posting, the icons are visible sometimes. Weird.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I realize you folks executing the forum changeover are dealing with a few glitches :eek: Wanted to add that the option for picking smileys with your mouse are absent when creating a new thread.

Take 'em one at a time :) :).........
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
hickster

Post by hickster »

Looks great on the iPad. Fully functional on the iPhone too!
Thanks Taz!
hickster
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Forum logs me out if I use the Advanced Search function. Would be nice if all the printing on the black headers was white, the red on black is very hard for me to read. Aside from that, things do look better. :)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

first thanks for all the hard work on getting the forum upgraded. 2 things that i have noticed that havent been mentioned. first the last line of the post is missing the bottom of the letters like g,y,q etc. pic to show what i mean.

the second thing is i was wondering if you could change or darken the colors of threads that have been read compared when there is a new post on it. we had a similiar problem at another forum i am on. they just tweaked the colors so it was easier to tell the difference. that's all that have i, thanks again!
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Owl45

Post by Owl45 »

Red text on a black bar is a little hard to read. Referring to the black bars at top with "Thread Tools" "Forum Search", etc.
Subjectively and just personal, I find it unattractive and doesn't "fit" the overall look of the site.

No editing tools show up when creating a message or reply in Advanced mode, with Message Editing Interface set to Standard.

Post by 1623 »

I like the new layout; very slick.

As others have mentioned, my avatar is non existent as well, although it does appear when I'm viewing my profile.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

not a fan sorry and its very hard to see threads on the iphone.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I would love to see my avatar back ;)
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

One thing that I noticed is in a thread where Deacon posted a link, there was no color change or underline dictating that it was a link. I just thought his post was worded funny or missing a word or two until i moused over his link.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

Also my avatar appears to be working now.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Owl45 wrote:1.
Red text on a black bar is a little hard to read. Referring to the black bars at top with "Thread Tools" "Forum Search", etc.
Subjectively and just personal, I find it unattractive and doesn't "fit" the overall look of the site.
I bet you didn't see the black text on that very same bar :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Keep posting everyone, we're working on all of it... it's definitely a work in progress so bear with us. I would anticipate that it will take a week or so (just based on everything else I've got going on atm) to work through all the "bugs" but we'll get there. ;)

Edited to add: Oddly enough, avatars are starting to show. I can now see mine on this post. :s

Edited again to add: NVM that avatar thing, after I edited it was gone! LOL! We'll get there.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

gbelleh wrote:I can't login on my iPhone (using Safari). When I try, it will briefly say "thank you for logging in", then once it redirects, I'm not logged in. The same thing happens over and over.
This was actually my problem (phone settings), and is working now.

Thanks for all your hard work getting this up and running!
:bug-red-white
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Great work, Taz and Spydie Crew! I like the new look. :-)

Take care,

Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Tank

Post by Tank »

Still getting used to it but I like it.
-John
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Thanks for all your hard work on this forum. I'm a software developer myself for our corporate B2B website, I know how difficult an upgrade can be! :) Just glad to have the forum here!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Many of us have watched other forums upgrade their vBulletin platform and there are going to be some tweaks needed but you'll work it out.
USMC RETIRED
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I tried changing my personal settings to use the "WYSIWYG" editor, and still don't see the quick settings for changing fonts, etc. although it looks like it does accept the "BB Codes" if I put them in directly.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)