is spyderco going to replace the aqua salt?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I have both PE and SE. For cutting bait the serrated is better. Be sure to use a cutting board on top of whatever you would normally cut on because these will definitely damage surfaces. I also use the SE diving. If I'm gutting large grouper or filleting I use the PE (yes they do fillet pretty well). These are among my favorite Spydies and mine get a lot of use. Well balanced, stay sharp and no rust. (I do take care of mine). They also have a no slip grip and the design is GREAT. Wonderful knives. The SE is still somewhat available but the PE is becoming harder to find. I highly recommend a lanyard on these as around boats, docks, and diving they can be lost pretty easily. The yellow stands out on both the boat and the bottom, but it will show wear quicker than the black handle. My friends love these knives. As someone else mentoned the SE models can still be found at decent prices though they too are becoming more scare. Thanks Sal and Spyderco........beautiful blades........a Classic
Wardo

Post by Wardo »

Tdog wrote:I have both PE and SE. For cutting bait the serrated is better. Be sure to use a cutting board on top of whatever you would normally cut on because these will definitely damage surfaces. I also use the SE diving. If I'm gutting large grouper or filleting I use the PE (yes they do fillet pretty well). These are among my favorite Spydies and mine get a lot of use. Well balanced, stay sharp and no rust. (I do take care of mine). They also have a no slip grip and the design is GREAT. Wonderful knives. The SE is still somewhat available but the PE is becoming harder to find. I highly recommend a lanyard on these as around boats, docks, and diving they can be lost pretty easily. The yellow stands out on both the boat and the bottom, but it will show wear quicker than the black handle. My friends love these knives. As someone else mentoned the SE models can still be found at decent prices though they too are becoming more scare. Thanks Sal and Spyderco........beautiful blades........a Classic

Thanks, Tdog. Just what I was looking for.