Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
farnorthdan

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by farnorthdan »

BTG wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:I resisted as long as I could, pulled the trigger on the S90V millie. :D
Once you get over the disappointment of the price, which you obviously have, it's all smooth sailing...because the knife definetley won't let ya down....was hoping for that blue on the new para 2's....but in the end it just makes the Millie extra special.
You actually helped push me over the edge, but your right I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger on this one, I have a feeling once this one us gone people are going to realize what they missed. What I'm really stoked about is the M4 CF exclusive coming down the road.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
BTG

Post by BTG »

farnorthdan wrote:
BTG wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:I resisted as long as I could, pulled the trigger on the S90V millie. :D
Once you get over the disappointment of the price, which you obviously have, it's all smooth sailing...because the knife definetley won't let ya down....was hoping for that blue on the new para 2's....but in the end it just makes the Millie extra special.
You actually helped push me over the edge, but your right I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger on this one, I have a feeling once this one us gone people are going to realize what they missed. What I'm really stoked about is the M4 CF exclusive coming down the road.
Who has that exclusive...heard about it not sure which retailer....I've been keeping an eye out for the Jade m4 Para 2 at BladeHQ , and now the Orange and black XHP Para 2 at CS...all these limited production knives at one time are killing me, can't say I'll get it later..they won't be there....wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't saving (trying) for my first trip to the SFO for the 2nd's sale.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

It's another KW's exclusive, at least I'm pretty sure that's correct, so many great ones in the pipeline it's hard to keep track. You definately want to try and snag one when they drop, I think they're going to go fast then be rediculous on the secondary if you miss.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Waco

Post by Waco »

My S110V Manix should arrive at my office in the morning.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Black Southard … never handled one ...
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

I'm very excited for this one.... A S30V Military Spyderedge :D
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Just sniped a s90v Millie...and I didn't pay anything near $270 (I refuse to buy from Bento Box directly!). This will be Millie #4. Now to start the wait from Canada..... oh and the anticipation of the upcoming m4 and 204p.. #milliefever! :D :spyder:
Last edited by spydieh0le on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

dubya3 wrote:I'm very excited for this one.... A S30V Military Spyderedge :D
I recently scored a 440v SE for $76 from 96'. :) You will love yours I'm sure!
61 Spydies and Counting.

s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

spydieh0le wrote:Just sniped a s90v Millie...and I didn't pay anything near $270 (Will never buy from Bento Box directly!). This will be Millie #4. Now to start the wait from Canada..... oh and the anticipation of the upcoming m4 and 204p.. #milliefever! :D :spyder:
Yea you stole that one, good job, hope it is as nice in hand as it looks in the pic. :)

spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

farnorthdan wrote:
spydieh0le wrote:Just sniped a s90v Millie...and I didn't pay anything near $270 (Will never buy from Bento Box directly!). This will be Millie #4. Now to start the wait from Canada..... oh and the anticipation of the upcoming m4 and 204p.. #milliefever! :D :spyder:
Yea you stole that one, good job, hope it is as nice in hand as it looks in the pic. :)
Thank you sir! As do I! I let one of these slip by me maybe 2 months back for $150. Wasn't going to let that happen again..no way! Also, being that this was the first Millie with the stepped pivot I had to have it. I hope the upcoming exclusives have the same pivot setup as well! ;)
61 Spydies and Counting.

endgame

Post by endgame »

I have 2 humingbirds one cocobollo and the other mother of pearl.I have a titanium mini police.s110 pm2,edc forum manix2xl glow scales.persian with black micarta.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Almost had a sprint lum tanto for $160 but got jacked over at that place I dont like to post.... :mad:

SG89

Post by SG89 »

Every time I see a new post in this thread I read it is "Which Spyderco is in the mall?" And then I get so confused lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

farnorthdan wrote:Almost had a sprint lum tanto for $160 but got jacked over at that place I dont like to post.... :mad:
what happened? I saw you posted on that!
61 Spydies and Counting.

spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

spydieh0le wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Almost had a sprint lum tanto for $160 but got jacked over at that place I dont like to post.... :mad:
I saw that...that was some BS to say the least!
61 Spydies and Counting.

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

spydieh0le wrote:
spydieh0le wrote:
Yea something stinky going on there, usually its first "I'll take it" gets the win but he didn't specify that in his ad so not much I can do about it, its all good though, I get my fair share of good snags so to keep the good Karma going, I really hope the new owner gets a fantastic knife in the mail soon and every time he uses it he gets to relive his day in the sun. That really was a great price on that Lum, rarely see them under $200 or even $250 for that matter. I've wanted one for a long time now and refuse to pay the insane prices being asked on BBS and CN's.

spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

farnorthdan wrote:
spydieh0le wrote:
spydieh0le wrote:
Yea something stinky going on there, usually its first "I'll take it" gets the win but he didn't specify that in his ad so not much I can do about it, its all good though, I get my fair share of good snags so to keep the good Karma going, I really hope the new owner gets a fantastic knife in the mail soon and every time he uses it he gets to relive his day in the sun. That really was a great price on that Lum, rarely see them under $200 or even $250 for that matter. I've wanted one for a long time now and refuse to pay the insane prices being asked on BBS and CN's.
I hear that! I ended up getting mine in a watch trade for a Seiko black monster so I got pretty lucky I guess. Buy you are right, I never seem them go for under $200. They certainly don't last long once listed, I know that.. You will get one I'm sure, just be patient. They are well worth the wait I assure you. :D
61 Spydies and Counting.

On Edge

Post by On Edge »

On Edge wrote:Black Southard … never handled one ...
Got it. Love it. Very smooth, solid build, excellent blade to handle ratio and I really like the blade profile - looks slicker in person somehow … happy!

:D
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

spydieh0le wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
spydieh0le wrote:
spydieh0le wrote:
I hear that! I ended up getting mine in a watch trade for a Seiko black monster so I got pretty lucky I guess. Buy you are right, I never seem them go for under $200. They certainly don't last long once listed, I know that.. You will get one I'm sure, just be patient. They are well worth the wait I assure you. :D
Well I guess the spydie gods had other plans, snagged a CF Balance just now for a decent price which is a blade I've been searching for just as seriously as the lum so I guess that karma paid off after all. ;) :)

spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

farnorthdan wrote:
spydieh0le wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
spydieh0le wrote:
spydieh0le wrote:
Well I guess the spydie gods had other plans, snagged a CF Balance just now for a decent price which is a blade I've been searching for just as seriously as the lum so I guess that karma paid off after all. ;) :)

I saw that. The price was AMAZING. Apparently that is the hardest schempp piece to acquire from what I've heard.. Good score! I would love to find a CF balance...one day, one day! Enjoy!!!
61 Spydies and Counting.