YoJimbo 2 on The Way !

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sparki

Post by Sparki »

My only complaint is the hole is a little hard to get to, but I've gotten thumb and middle finger flicks down. :)

And dang, it's crazy sharp!
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

You'll get use to the smaller hole at least I did . I'm so use to the yo2 when I pick up another one of spidies it's not as easy to open and I'm fumbling the first few flicks . The Yo2 is effortless for me index , thumb and middle finger . But my thumb is the most consistent now and feels the most natural . It broke in very nicely with a slight angle the blade releases and drops to the lock position and lock up is still nice and tight . You'll love it even more after she breaks in a little .Yes they are sharp be careful mine bit me when I was lubing the blade with some Froglube and just barely ran my finger down the side spreading the lube out and she bit me hard .
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

With regard to the smaller, not-completely-exposed round hole, please see my previous posts on the reason for that and the proper technique for opening.

I hope your Yo2 serves you well!

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Thanks Mike , I absolutely love it !
Myself I have no issues with the smaller hole and it seems to help when opening it because I have more of bite on it which ever finger I use to open it .
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

So I have to say that this thread made me buy a Yo 2 (and found me one that was available)

Now I'm going to have to grab the s90v sprint when it's available.

Enablers.....thanks.
Ned

Post by Ned »

TomAiello wrote:So I have to say that this thread made me buy a Yo 2 (and found me one that was available)

Enablers.....thanks.
You are very welcome! :D
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

TomAiello wrote:So I have to say that this thread made me buy a Yo 2 (and found me one that was available)

Enablers.....thanks.
Congrats !!
Yes we've been trained by the best lol .
Loansharkx

Post by Loansharkx »

Michael Janich wrote:With regard to the smaller, not-completely-exposed round hole, please see my previous posts on the reason for that and the proper technique for opening.

I hope your Yo2 serves you well!

Stay safe,

Mike
This knife is awesome! I can't say enough about the quality and finish on this thing. I am so glad I managed to find one.

By far the Spyderco I will be reaching for as my Edc knife.
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Loansharkx wrote:This knife is awesome! I can't say enough about the quality and finish on this thing. I am so glad I managed to find one.

By far the Spyderco I will be reaching for as my Edc knife.
X2 !! It has turned into my EDC !
Sparki

Post by Sparki »

Carrying mine again today. :D

I almost want to start looking for some cool scales... :rolleyes:
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Sparki wrote:Carrying mine again today. :D

I almost want to start looking for some cool scales... :rolleyes:
Not a bad idea what ya thinking ?
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Sparki

Post by Sparki »

TheFactor wrote:Not a bad idea what ya thinking ?
I dunno... I'd have to look around, but i know I've seen some cool G-10 scales in the past.
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Sparki wrote:I dunno... I'd have to look around, but i know I've seen some cool G-10 scales in the past.
I think the Yo2 could look even more wicked with some tricked out grips . I'd for sure though want to stay with a G-10 because of the great feel and grip . It's a nice way to personalize it to .
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I think it would be nice to see the yojimbo 2 offered in satin and DLC, with black or camo g10...4 configurations just like the pm2.

Edit: that's really more of an idol thought than a request as I'm pretty darned content with black/satin.

2nd edit: Wow, I sound like a bigger dummy than usual today. You couldn't guess it by reading my post but I do know the difference between idol and idle. :rolleyes: Would have snuck in there and changed it but factor was too quick with that nasty "quote" button! :)
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Surfingringo wrote:I think it would be nice to see the yojimbo 2 offered in satin and DLC, with black or camo g10...4 configurations just like the pm2.

Edit: that's really more of an idol thought than a request as I'm pretty darned content with black/satin.
I agree a long with your Edit :D Because then I'd want one of each instead of being content with the one I have lol .
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Another picture from yesterday's probing of wood in a damaged roof truss, we had to send for engineering to repair this bottom chord. Termites!

TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Those termites looked pretty hungry but then again so does the Yo2 :D