Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Kevinim82

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Kevinim82 »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:10 pm
Kevinim82 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:03 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:33 pm
Cheddarnut wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:27 pm

Genius.
That’s not quite what my wife said watching take the picture . Something about act your age ? 0002
Your wife’s quote = “Genius!”

My wife saw me smiling when I looked at her on the couch. I said “no it’s not you Stacy, it’s the sock group, two of the guys are just so funny.” “Kevin, none of that is funny.”
I missed this. That is hilarious. If it makes her feel better, tell her when I am reading about the order, I typically slip off to the basement with my 6 year old's Minion flashlight and lock myself in a closet. That way I'm safe from my normal family.
Jeff, I am sure some of your family would approve, those under 13? What does everyone say about the shirt?

I did it again. Sitting at the kitchen with a few moments to kill, pull out the phone and read this thread, big smile on my face. Wife “What is it? Why are you smiling.” Me, “It’s the sock group, they are good.” Wife, “You know you have a problem.”
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I’m starting to think I have been sucked into a Marx Brothers movie with no ending .0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:16 pm
Kevinim82 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:05 pm
JSumm wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:00 pm
Kevinim82 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:57 pm

It was on Saturday mornings after the cartoons… I am sure lots of youth were cultured at that time. I don’t know how parents didn’t complain to the broadcast stations?
Seriously, my guess we are of similar age because I feel I was still a little young for it.
The 82 at the end of my name would help you guess my age. Generation “Hey, I need a picture menu if you want me to eat here!”
Kevin, I am in the EXACT same generation as you. Glad to see a fellow member of "team picture menu".
I wonder how to think about this? This is our generations challenge… MG2 got the moon… we got the value meal.

MNOSD 0009
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:42 pm
I’m starting to think I have been sucked into a Marx Brothers movie with no ending .0002
Is it so bad? I have bandaids if you need one.

MNOSD 0009
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:35 pm
JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:10 pm
Kevinim82 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:03 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:33 pm

That’s not quite what my wife said watching take the picture . Something about act your age ? 0002
Your wife’s quote = “Genius!”

My wife saw me smiling when I looked at her on the couch. I said “no it’s not you Stacy, it’s the sock group, two of the guys are just so funny.” “Kevin, none of that is funny.”
I missed this. That is hilarious. If it makes her feel better, tell her when I am reading about the order, I typically slip off to the basement with my 6 year old's Minion flashlight and lock myself in a closet. That way I'm safe from my normal family.
Jeff, I am sure some of your family would approve, those under 13? What does everyone say about the shirt?

I did it again. Sitting at the kitchen with a few moments to kill, pull out the phone and read this thread, big smile on my face. Wife “What is it? Why are you smiling.” Me, “It’s the sock group, they are good.” Wife, “You know you have a problem.”
The shirt? My wife just gets a smirk on her face. I think she is really happy for me. She finds such joy and pleasure in seeing me happy and enjoying life. She tells all her friends how funny and great I am.

Either that or pity and disbelief. Probably the latter.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:52 am

Add mine too. Last name, Hugginkiss. First name, Amanda.
Sorry I missed this. I added your name to the submission form with bank info. I'm not sure who Amanda Hugginkiss is. I was at work so I went around asking. We have an intercom so I used that to say "Does anyone have Amanda Hugginkiss? I really need Amanda Hugginkiss. It is for a very special thing." I got nothing. Some guy walked up to me and said "Simpsons Dude." Whatever that meant. He is from Accounting, so... fill in the blank you know what I mean...
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Alright, we have many professions or state of beings filled out. Let me know if I missed anything or someone is planning on suing me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... utput=xlsx

Sorry for the small appearance on the pic. Click the link and you should be able to get a better view. Again, when the warning pops up about malicious spyware just click through. Keep in mind they will ask you for some numerical information. It is for a good cause they told me. Children eating corndogs in the streets shouting Hallelujah and praise be to the great sock people. If you do not want to donate, just click the download button. Your screen may glitch. That is normal, do not be alarmed.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:03 pm
Sorry I missed this. I added your name to the submission form with bank info. I'm not sure who Amanda Hugginkiss is. I was at work so I went around asking. We have an intercom so I used that to say "Does anyone have Amanda Hugginkiss? I really need Amanda Hugginkiss. It is for a very special thing." I got nothing. Some guy walked up to me and said "Simpsons Dude." Whatever that meant. He is from Accounting, so... fill in the blank you know what I mean...
Attachments
iu.jpeg
iu.jpeg (11.61 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:23 pm
JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:03 pm
Bolster, no one can top your Bart Simpson.

I really can’t believe this show is still going and current. A little part of me thinks this show would have a great cult following if it died at the 10 year mark.

As an outsider to this show after the 10 year mark, it all seems like noise. Much like South Park, and the AMC zombie show that just keeps going and going… noise noise noise.

MNOSD 0009
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

… are we noise?

MNOSD 0009
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I just wanted to say that all the professions are pretty funny 😄
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Dan, I think these people are taunting me. Do you remember this from page.... I can't remember. This was on my Instagram feed. I haven't looked at this image since you sent it out.

- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:16 pm
Dan, I think these people are taunting me. Do you remember this from page.... I can't remember. This was on my Instagram feed. I haven't looked at this image since you sent it out.

Yes I do believe it is on our thread here . In their site it is first or was first thing on site page . Rather strange but I won’t fret over it as long as they are rolling with Most Noble . 0002
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Found Electric Guy on page 45 . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

A warm Tuesday in Ohio means more socks in the drawer and flip flop season approaching.

… I might need more knives to match my socks! Socks have pairs… why can’t all my knives?! To this train of thought my wife looks at me like I am… crazy.

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageFrogs always reduce tension in relationships. I’m not sure why . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:29 pm
A warm Tuesday in Ohio means more socks in the drawer and flip flop season approaching.

… I might need more knives to match my socks! Socks have pairs… why can’t all my knives?! To this train of thought my wife looks at me like I am… crazy.
No excuse Kevin. these are the sandals I wear for hiking and they make toed socks. Some brands have toe slots for every toe!

- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:37 pm
Kevinim82 wrote:

No excuse Kevin. these are the sandals I wear for hiking and they make toed socks. Some brands have toe slots for every toe!

0005 ! Don’t get him started . He has a foot fetish remember ? Those do look spiffy, do they glow in the dark?
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

JSumm wrote:
Kevinim82 wrote:

My wife got me a pair of hiking sandals this last fall… I’ll try them more this spring. I don’t know that I would wear socks with individual toe slots… sound like a fad!

MNOSD 0009
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:42 pm
JSumm wrote:
Kevinim82 wrote:

0005 ! Don’t get him started . He has a foot fetish remember ? Those do look spiffy, do they glow in the dark?
Hahah, to clarify, here is an example of the type of feet I seek! I have a thing for chronic diseases of the feet!
Attachments
550A86AF-4CAD-405F-9225-483281A5234F.png

MNOSD 0009