The Elephant In The Reveal (besides the BBB Manix): The Lil Temperance LW Price

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ferruginous

Re: The Elephant In The Reveal (besides the BBB Manix): The Lil Temperance LW Price

Post by Ferruginous »

Like others have said, either the sum of the design, materials, and production quality are worth the price to the buyer, or it is not. I have no problem paying $170 for a FRN handled VG10 blade knife so long as the design works for me, and the quality is adequate.

The Lil' Temperance 3 is a fantastic design. I recently bought a G10/S30V version and it carries flat in my pocket, absolutely locks into my hand (thanks to the "hook" at the top and bottom of the handle), works in several different grips (and transitions between tip-up and tip-down fluidly), and cuts well.

Not everyone will understand every design, especially defensive folders. If they did, knives like the Chinook, Ayoob, Lava, and many others would still be available.

I'll be buying a pair of Lil' Temperance 3 Lightweights, serrated, once they're available.
CDEP

Re: The Elephant In The Reveal (besides the BBB Manix): The Lil Temperance LW Price

Post by CDEP »

This knife will fill the last niche in my EDC perfectly. Here in Los Angeles I have the PM2 at home with the Shaman as my brute backup, but cannot legally carry them away from home. For away carry i have the Native 5 LW (the most perfect tool I have ever held in my hands) but lack the brute backup. The materials and construction in this new version are perfect for my needs in this regard, and an improvement (for me) over the G-10 version - a tough, easy to sharpen-on-the-go stainless with grippy FRN at the perfect weight. I'd pay more than what they are asking for it.

As a general principle, if the people who created the Native5, PM2, Para3, Sage5, Shaman, Delica, etc. (all knives I own and would have gladly paid more for) tell me this knife costs X, I'm inclined to assume they know what they are doing.

Thanks to Sal for all the time and effort he has put in to developing the Lil Temp 3. My pre-order is already in.
Brian