Now that I have the Paramilitary 2 in my hand, what was all that hype about?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Evil D wrote:Image
Excellent point!

Thank you.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
MCM

Post by MCM »

This thread should be closed.
I have had good luck with most and collect both.
As a side note, my D2 940 arrived without an edge.
I collect #4 BM's as they generally keep #1#-3.
So its a keeper for the collection.
But this guy is too much.
Owns a hand full of knifes and is making extraordinary accusations about his single simple, personal experience.
Both Co's have well above average costumer service so there should never be a problem with quality.
Personal preference is just that. Personal.
Am thinking he is a troll or an idiot. One of the two for sure.

Here is my dull 940 keeper..........
Wonder what he would say if this one showed up on his door step?

My post may get deleted, as it may not seem very shiny.
But it really is. Just keeping things in perspective.
Nothing is perfect 100% of the time.
Add personal pref. and it all goes haywire.......
And yes, I could put a hair splitting edge on this in a few minutes.
But that's not the point. Additionally I don't care much at all for D2 anyway. :p
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
SnowCrash

Post by SnowCrash »

JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

Man you need to be more careful. A lot of people operate on multiple forums. You offer to trade me the Para 2 and then I see all this. I don't really know what to do. I'd like to take the knife from you but I don't like to deal with people who talk on the forum like this, especially with your arrogant response to Sal's comment.
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
MCM

Post by MCM »

You just don't get it, do you?
O-well, this thread hasnt much time to live anyway.
Sal never puts down other knife Co's.
He is way more positive than most of us.

Here is an idea, send it back! And get a refund!
No harm no fowl........... :D
SnowCrash

Post by SnowCrash »

MCM wrote:You just don't get it, do you?
O-well, this thread hasnt much time to live anyway.
Sal never puts down other knife Co's.
He is way more positive than most of us.

Here is an idea, send it back! And get a refund!
No harm no fowl........... :D
Can't send it back, the ebay user doesn't take refunds. Just looking for a millie to trade for.

But seriously guys, you all need to relax. Sorry to attack your "spyderco bible" and bring in a different company for once in your sheltered topics. Just because I don't like the paramilitary 2 and believe that the FFG endura and benchmade 940 are a better bang for the buck, you really don't have to rage all over the pages here
MCM

Post by MCM »

I have over 400 folders from a few co's.
Could probably school you on every one of them.
And yes, I am very relaxed.
I am not the one panicking over a knife that didn't suit me.

You are.

Ohhhhh, yea..... that. LOL LOL :D
MCM

Post by MCM »

This thread is doomed.......... :o
SnowCrash

Post by SnowCrash »

JediKnight86 wrote:Man you need to be more careful. A lot of people operate on multiple forums. You offer to trade me the Para 2 and then I see all this. I don't really know what to do. I'd like to take the knife from you but I don't like to deal with people who talk on the forum like this, especially with your arrogant response to Sal's comment.
That's alright, good luck with your superglued bushcraft
SnowCrash

Post by SnowCrash »

JediKnight86 wrote:especially with your arrogant response to Sal's comment.
not arrogant according to my standards. Please re-read:

------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal View Post
Hi Snow,

Sorry for your disappointment. Our prices usually reflect our manufacturing costs. What is it that you use to determine the worth of a knife and whether the price is worth the value?

sal

I determine the worth of a knife with the feeling I get from holding it in my hand and cutting with it, along with how much buyer's remorse I get after putting it away for the night. Generally speaking after I bought the Benchmade 940 for about the same price ($150, not "under $100" like the other members claim), I was perfectly content and knew I was getting a knife that BM made sure would please on initial impressions as well as use. The anodized aluminum handle, purple titanium backspacer, and reverse tanto design almost felt like I was ripping off BM with the $150 I spent on it- however with the Para2, all I see is just "another spyderco" In terms of "improvements" to this model, I suppose a lanyard hole is a nice touch an a bigger blade is a plus. I personally just don't see anything special about it, with all due respect.

Don't get me wrong, the knife is good, but I'm not a fan of the compression lock and how irritating it is for me to use force to close it, but that's what this knife is: good. Not something that blew me away like the BM940, but it is good. Not every can get me ecstatic about the day I open it out of its box, but most have- both the police 3's I own, the FFG endura, the civilian, etc have all made sure I get 0 regret in buying the knife.

And that was my rant answer
MCM

Post by MCM »

JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

SnowCrash wrote:Can't send it back, the ebay user doesn't take refunds. Just looking for a millie to trade for.

But seriously guys, you all need to relax. Sorry to attack your "spyderco bible" and bring in a different company for once in your sheltered topics. Just because I don't like the paramilitary 2 and believe that the FFG endura and benchmade 940 are a better bang for the buck, you really don't have to rage all over the pages here
Yeah you really don't get it. I've seen your type on forums before. You have no reason for the superior attitude. You're the one who instigated the "rage" you're not the innocent party trying to state his opinion that you think. You just can't walk into the Spyderco forum and hate on a good knife and then fanboy Benchmade. It just doesn't work that way.
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

SnowCrash wrote:not arrogant according to my standards. Please re-read:

------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal View Post
Hi Snow,

Sorry for your disappointment. Our prices usually reflect our manufacturing costs. What is it that you use to determine the worth of a knife and whether the price is worth the value?

sal

I determine the worth of a knife with the feeling I get from holding it in my hand and cutting with it, along with how much buyer's remorse I get after putting it away for the night. Generally speaking after I bought the Benchmade 940 for about the same price ($150, not "under $100" like the other members claim), I was perfectly content and knew I was getting a knife that BM made sure would please on initial impressions as well as use. The anodized aluminum handle, purple titanium backspacer, and reverse tanto design almost felt like I was ripping off BM with the $150 I spent on it- however with the Para2, all I see is just "another spyderco" In terms of "improvements" to this model, I suppose a lanyard hole is a nice touch an a bigger blade is a plus. I personally just don't see anything special about it, with all due respect.

Don't get me wrong, the knife is good, but I'm not a fan of the compression lock and how irritating it is for me to use force to close it, but that's what this knife is: good. Not something that blew me away like the BM940, but it is good. Not every can get me ecstatic about the day I open it out of its box, but most have- both the police 3's I own, the FFG endura, the civilian, etc have all made sure I get 0 regret in buying the knife.

And that was my rant answer
Not arrogance to try and tell Sal why a BM is better than a Para 2? Not arrogant to try and tell him ANYTHING??? Get over yourself dude.
SnowCrash

Post by SnowCrash »

JediKnight86 wrote:Not arrogance to try and tell Sal why a BM is better than a Para 2? Not arrogant to try and tell him ANYTHING??? Get over yourself dude.
Here you are, calling me a fanboy while you're on your knees in front of the spyderco president (you can take that one of two ways). I find that ironic.
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

SnowCrash wrote:Here you are, calling me a fanboy while you're on your knees in front of the spyderco president (you can take that one of two ways). I find that ironic.
I'm not being a fanboy. I'm being respectful. I don't think Spyderco is infallible by any means, but I also wouldn't say things like that to Les DeAsis regardless of how much I have come to dislike Benchmade.

There was a huge long thread on BF with a guy just like you trying to tell Chris Reeve why the Sebenza was flawed.

You obviously have a huge ego, everyone here knows it, you can try to act like we're all crazy, but you're disillusioned.

And you're the one who wanted my superglued Bushcraft in the first place knowing nothing about why those all became factory seconds.

I'm done with this. There's no talking to forum trolls. You won't be around here anymore anyway.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

SnowCrash

Post by SnowCrash »

Hey, almost 7 pages. Great troll or greatest troll?
angusW

Post by angusW »

Some people buy a knife, receive it, realize it's not for them, get rid of it and move on. Some people buy a knife, receive it, think it's junk, compare a completely different knife saying "it's better" and point out that you are all wrong even when his questions are answered. Life is funny that way :D
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Snowcrash, it seems as though you do not like Spyderco and their products just are not for you..... See the "Log Out" on the top right hand side of your screen.... Here let me help you.

Click that, and take a timeout for a few days.

When you can act like an adult, your more than welcomed back.

**EDIT---Seeing your follow up posts(and thread), why dont you just log out and not come back**
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

angusW wrote:Some people buy a knife, receive it, realize it's not for them, get rid of it and move on. Some people buy a knife, receive it, think it's junk, compare a completely different knife saying "it's better" and point out that you are all wrong even when his questions are answered. Life is funny that way :D
The difference between the two: ego.