MT36P – K294 MICROCLEAN Mule Team Dropping Soon!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
weeping minora

Re: MT36P – K294 MICROCLEAN Mule Team Dropping Soon!

Post by weeping minora »

I ultimately skipped this Mule. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it, Steeltoez.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
Steeltoez83

Post by Steeltoez83 »

Screenshot_20240522_083100_Gallery.jpg
I cut off the factory edge, and put 1 of my own. The burr cut off very easily from what I saw. The result was only 190 however I usually see a performance increase in more testing. I believe my 10V pm2 and Para 3 both hit 375 when it hit their peak. The magnacut I tested hits 350/360 so I'd like to see this k294 hit higher.
"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
VeraX_Knives

Post by VeraX_Knives »

Steeltoez83 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:45 am
Screenshot_20240522_083100_Gallery.jpg

I cut off the factory edge, and put 1 of my own. The burr cut off very easily from what I saw. The result was only 190 however I usually see a performance increase in more testing. I believe my 10V pm2 and Para 3 both hit 375 when it hit their peak. The magnacut I tested hits 350/360 so I'd like to see this k294 hit higher.
It should right? That's interesting. I'm not trying to.. constructive criticism? I think you're using the wrong testing material, because your cut numbers should never go up like that it's just not how physics works eh? So I know that you test with other things than sandpaper rolls, are the numbers any different there? Just to figure out if it's how you're sharpening or the material being cut. Getting a perfect edge is not an easy task and I'll be the first to admit that I don't go to.. the full potential of what I could because of laziness and "that'll do". You really should make a chart of your testing with different steels on different materials, that'll give you the most information in my personal opinion. 👍

Also, how did you cut off the factory edge cause.. I'm guessing Spydercos heat treatments and if you got it decently hot you could see a pretty decent hardness drop. Just remember that you always want to do these high alloys under flood coolant if it's already heat treated.
You say E = mc² × I argue E² = m²c⁴ + p²c²
Jason Ward shockey01@gmail.com +1 412-726-8610 My Discord