PM2 CPM s110v Peel Ply Carbon Fiber!?!?!?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydie fanatic

PM2 CPM s110v Peel Ply Carbon Fiber!?!?!?

Post by spydie fanatic »

Had this for awhile...finally posted a pic :) If it doesn't exist, make it yourself!!! :D

kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Re: PM2 CPM s110v Peel Ply Carbon Fiber!?!?!?

Post by kodai78 »

So cool! Did you have to combine 2 knives or did you buy the CF scales?
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
spydie fanatic

Post by spydie fanatic »

I purchased a NIB 52100 CF PE on eb*y for around $150 on a bid and the plurple s110v for $165...around $310 to create this beauty and I ended up with a 52100 plurple G10 also!

For the price, its worth it. I bought a PM2 s90v back in the day and paid more than I'd like to admit from a scalper on ebay. You can keep the 52100 plurple or sell it for probably $140+.

Very simple, remove the 2 scale screws and pivot screw on one side, then you can actually take the handle and move in 180 degrees by rotating it around the lanyard hole (you don't have to remove the lanyard tube). Simply swap out the blade, rotate handle back up, re=align and re-attach the three screws!! :D
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

I got a Millie cpm s110v in polished carbon fiber.

So, here we go - Spyderco Military CPM S110V in smooth (but not slippery) custom carbon fiber scales :cool:

youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

how uncanny... I just literally finished doing a similar swap just with an DLC M4 para 2 instead. I like spyderco's peel ply cf a lot – it gives my para's a brighter, crisper sounding open/close. grippier, lighter and a good bit stiffer as well. interesting how the military in 51200 has a slightly different smooth cf, wonder why that is.
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I made a PM2 with CF and M390, a FrankenSpydie.
Also I made a CF/TI and CTS204P FrankenMillie. Good stuff.
spydie fanatic

Post by spydie fanatic »

youmakemehole wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:55 am
how uncanny... I just literally finished doing a similar swap just with an DLC M4 para 2 instead. I like spyderco's peel ply cf a lot – it gives my para's a brighter, crisper sounding open/close. grippier, lighter and a good bit stiffer as well. interesting how the military in 51200 has a slightly different smooth cf, wonder why that is.
First time I used a flytanium brand CF PM2 handle off eb*y, lets say it wasn't the best...still got it, but its on a s110v blade that is off centered and thus I figured a good match for it :p I figured getting the real deal peel ply CF spydie handle was the best option. I'm sure there are well made CF 3rd party handles out there, I just hadn't found em. But for the price, ending up with a purple 52100 and CF s110v model is almost unbelievable.
youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

spydie fanatic wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:07 pm
First time I used a flytanium brand CF PM2 handle off eb*y, lets say it wasn't the best...still got it, but its on a s110v blade that is off centered and thus I figured a good match for it :p I figured getting the real deal peel ply CF spydie handle was the best option. I'm sure there are well made CF 3rd party handles out there, I just hadn't found em. But for the price, ending up with a purple 52100 and CF s110v model is almost unbelievable.

I really like the look/texture of the CF on the inside.. unfinished but smooth and also kind of shines and morphs like marbled CF just with a tighter more uniform pattern. makes me wonder now if thats how it'll end up if I sand off my peel ply.

did you end up swapping the liners and lanyard tube in addition to the blade? the tube was such a pain to remove on the CF... I had it sitting on a shelf for weeks because I couldn't figure out how to get it out. i think im still a little traumatized, but lesson learned, i will never ever separate peel-ply handles from their tubes, ever again!

Also if you havent considered this already, the 52100 is actually a very enjoyable and rewarding steel for the paramilitary. if you pay attention to the knives that get blessed with peel ply CF, they tend to be for the models/steels spyderco seems to be the most proud of. it takes a super refined edge you wont hesitate going ham on not just becuase it holds it well and is tough as nails but also very easy to maintain and sharpen.
Attachments
IMG_1076.jpg
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
spydie fanatic

Post by spydie fanatic »

The only piece I swapped out was the blade. Literally all you have to do is remove the pivot screw and two handle screws, then "twist" one side of the intact handle/skeleton liner down 180 degrees...by this I mean rotate the handle around the lanyard pivot, so that way you have clearance to swap the blade out and put the little bronze washers back in place. Then you simply rotate the handle back in place, line everything up and put the three screws back in and you're done! The nice thing about the lanyard tube is, that you can leave it in place and literally not remove it from the handle/liner. If you do have to take the lanyard tube out, its easier to remove and insert if you're only dealing with the skeleton liner. If you have the liner placed in the handle and try to push it through both, its a tighter fit. So place into liner first, then into the handle...which may take a little light pounding from a rubber mallet.
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

I guess they made a CPM S110V Native 5 with peel ply CF.

I really like the feel of CF over the G10. I never expected it to be noticably lighter but it is.

Laser ground this to 0.005"

Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
anycal

Post by anycal »

I miss this knife,

Peter
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

anycal wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:28 pm
I miss this knife,

Is that the one that fell into the river?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
anycal

Post by anycal »

The Meat man wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:33 pm

:( yeah

We need more CF PM2s. Or better yet, I wish :spyder: would sell the CF scales separately.
Peter
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

anycal wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:33 pm

:( yeah

That was too bad. :(
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"