Here are a couple you don't see every day...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Deacon

Here are a couple you don't see every day...

Post by The Deacon »

The EMT version of the C30 Remote Release, in both black and orange

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Not to mention that the Remote Release is the only Spyderco model which not only accomodates, but actually favors, left handed users. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Thanks for sharing with us deacon! Did they make any with red handles, or am I mistaking it with another release model?
markg

Post by markg »

Axlis wrote:Thanks for sharing with us deacon! Did they make any with red handles, or am I mistaking it with another release model?
I am not sure about the Remote Release, but the Snap It, was made in red. Different but the same concept.
BlackNinja

Post by BlackNinja »

Very cool Deacon :cool: Thanks for sharing!
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Very N V S. Looking great though.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Woody

Post by Woody »

Deacon......... You are the MAN! :p You are my hero........ :cool:
DaddyBarlow

Cool!

Post by DaddyBarlow »

The EMT is cool & rare!!!!

Paul, what are you going to do with your time when you have them all? ;)
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Very nice pics Deacon. Thanks for sharing :cool: .

One of these has been on my wishing list since I got the little 1998 brochure.

Can't wat for the new one to come out.
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Deac',

Nice shots as always...when I read the title, I was thinking it was a pic of me and Onion! :p KIDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!! :p

How does the Remote release favor southpaws? :confused: ;)

God bless and awesome additions... :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)

Post by 224477 »

[quote="DAYWALKER"]

How does the Remote release favor southpaws? :confused: ]

Chad, have your ever tried to open the Snap-It with the left hand?! ;)
Try it! :p
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."

Post by 224477 »

I am glad YOU got it ;)
Enjoy them, make a nice pair together.
:)
JD Spydo

Another EMT model

Post by JD Spydo »

You know Deacon you might ought to add that the C-26 Snap It in the EMT version is a real prize and a tough find as well. I only seen 2 of them on EBay this whole last year. Now I don't know if they did the Snap It EMT in other colors or not. I think they did do one in red from what someone told me once but I can't swear to it.

I find it difficult to understand why the the Sheepsfoot EMT versions in both knives did not take off :confused: . It only makes sense that a cop, EMT or any first responder would want a Sheepsfoot blade to work with :confused:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

[quote="224477"]Chad, have your ever tried to open the Snap-It with the left hand?! ]

Ahoj Jano...

:confused: Uh...yes, but only with a quick blade drop, as I do when I have an Endura in LFP into a reverse grip. Can't do it otherwise...the clasp is in the way.

This is the Remote Release we are talking about though...right :p ?

God bless priatel :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)

Post by 224477 »

DAYWALKER wrote: This is the Remote Release we are talking about though...right :p ?
Sorry Chad, I am not sure I got it.. Some hidden message? :p
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

JD Spydo wrote:You know Deacon you might ought to add that the C-26 Snap It in the EMT version is a real prize and a tough find as well. I only seen 2 of them on EBay this whole last year. Now I don't know if they did the Snap It EMT in other colors or not. I think they did do one in red from what someone told me once but I can't swear to it.

I find it difficult to understand why the the Sheepsfoot EMT versions in both knives did not take off :confused: . It only makes sense that a cop, EMT or any first responder would want a Sheepsfoot blade to work with :confused:
Agree with you that it's odd neither knife took off in the EMT version. Both attachment methods have obvious advantages over a pocket clip for both "first responders" and white water enthusiasts, the other logical market for sheepsfoot blades. Perhaps, to at least some extent, these folks just tend to stick with what they know works, perhaps the shorter blades compared with the C14 were a factor.

As for colors the SnapIt EMTs came in, like the Remote Release the only two I'm sure exist are the orange and the black, as pictured below.

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]

Have seen the regular "leaf bladed" SnapIts in both black and red, and the red version is listed in one of the early catalogs. I have one of those, in PE G-2. Red SnapIts, both PE and SE, in AUS-8 are still available from AG Russell.

Since red handled SnapIts do exist, I certainly would not rule out the possibility of one with a red handle and sheepsfoot blade showing up.

Along similar lines, I have heard rumors of, but have never seen, an orange leaf bladed SnapIt, and again, since the handle does exist, the possibility of some of them being paired with that blade is certainly credible.

Then, just to complicate matters a bit more, someone mentioned the possibility of a yellow SnapIt, not sure which blade, in another thread yesterday. :confused: Nobody ever said :spyder: collecting was easy.

Would love someone with real knowledge of all the various versions of the SnapIt and Remote Release to give some definitive history of them.

224477, I have you to thank for having the black Remote Release, that auction had somehow slipped quietly under my radar.

Chad, the raised channel for the release bar and spring gives you something to grip when opening the knife, same as a pocket clip does. Note which side of the Remote Release it is on. Same with the kraton insert, it's on the "wrong" side for right handers, perfect for us southpaws. That's why I say they favor left handed users.

The SnapIt, on the other hand, despite having Kraton on both sides, it very right handed. Best us leftys can do is open the blade part way with our thumb, then KO it the rest of the way. :rolleyes:
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Post by 224477 »

The Deacon wrote: 224477, I have you to thank for having the black Remote Release, that auction had somehow slipped quietly under my radar.
Was purely my pleasure, Sir. ;)
I am glad you have it.